Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What build would be better.

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173399

Mytic wrote:
^ Also could you suggest any good but cheap SSDS?
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078WYS5K6/r...o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=
It's M.2 so you would have to check your motherboard to see if it has a slot for it.
M.2 basically just means it is faster, meaning it is ideal to install windows onto.
(I'd suggest buying it now as there is a deal on it)
  • Na1
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 161
Login or register to post a reply.

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173400

Using AMD myself, and I like it.
  • Jeans
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Free Ezehzz
  • Thanks received: 264

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173401

Also would I be able to reuse my current power supply. It's a corsair vs350 I'd rather reuse it if possible to save
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 388

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173403

This one for around 40$ ( So I guess 30£ in UK? ) is a pretty good deal and has good reading/write speed.

www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power-256GB-Gen3x...id=1571858563&sr=8-5

Also another thing to not is black friday is coming up on november 29th. And the sales might start coming in sooner than that even. And considering that AMD just released the news of the RX 5500 setting to launch before the end of the year retailers and manufacturers might put the rx 570-580 series on sale to try and get rid of their stock to replace them with the rx 5500 so you might be able to catch some pretty good deals during that period on said cards ( Although that's just pure speculations from me ).
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Supreme Leader Of All Zarp Related Things
  • Thanks received: 774

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173405

Mytic wrote:
Also would I be able to reuse my current power supply. It's a corsair vs350 I'd rather reuse it if possible to save

350w is not gonna cut it sadly. Especialy if it's an old one meaning it's performance most likely decreased over time. With what you're looking to get you ought to get a 500W+ PSU minimum and hopefuly if you can afford it a 600-650W one so you can keep it if you ever decide to upgrade your GC later down the line.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173411

Jool wrote:
Mytic wrote:

350w is not gonna cut it sadly. Especialy if it's an old one meaning it's performance most likely decreased over time. With what you're looking to get you ought to get a 500W+ PSU minimum and hopefuly if you can afford it a 600-650W one so you can keep it if you ever decide to upgrade your GC later down the line.
Would you say this is a good card for the price? www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0711QH8ZS?tag=pcp0f...kCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
NVM
Currently looking at this one as apparently the other one has problems
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071Y7XJXN?tag=pcp0f...kCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Mytic.

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173412

Mytic wrote:
Jool wrote:
Mytic wrote:

Would you say this is a good card for the price? www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0711QH8ZS?tag=pcp0f...kCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Mmmmmh. Yeah it's about what you'd expect for an RX 580 8Gb version. It all depends on when/how long you are willing to buy/wait to get that new PC though. If you want it in the next 1-2 weeks then probably the price won't get much better. But if you can wait a month or two for black friday you might get it for 10-20£ cheaper if you're on the lookout for good deals ( Or maybe not there's no ways to tell honestly ).

Edit : Same comment pretty much for the MSI version. Reasonable price for good performances.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Jool.

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173413

Jool wrote:
Mytic wrote:
Jool wrote:
Mytic wrote:

Mmmmmh. Yeah it's about what you'd expect for an RX 580 8Gb version. It all depends on when/how long you are willing to buy/wait to get that new PC though. If you want it in the next 1-2 weeks then probably the price won't get much better. But if you can wait a month or two for black friday you might get it for 10-20£ cheaper if you're on the lookout for good deals ( Or maybe not there's no ways to tell honestly ).

Edit : Same comment pretty much for the MSI version. Reasonable price for good performances.

I'm looking to get this build for christmas so hopefully prices will go down when the 5500 is released
Also went for this power supply uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/49Gj4D/evga-...r-supply-100w10600k3
And whats the difference between a integrated SSD and a normal one?
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Mytic.

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173415

Perfect then. By then the RX 5500 might even be the better choice over the rx 570/580 if AMD launches it at the right price since they're trying really hard to compete with Nvidia.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173416

Jool wrote:
Perfect then. By then the RX 5500 might even be the better choice over the rx 570/580 if AMD launches it at the right price since they're trying really hard to compete with Nvidia.
Yeah, Thanks for all your help man it means alot. Also last quick question. Difference between something such as the samsung evo and something like this
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07LGF54XR/ref=sspa_...b3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173417

EVGA is good stuff generaly. And it was 80+ certification so its gucci.
As for the difference between the two is that generaly internal ones are more performant/faster but cannot be interacted with unless they are directly connected to the motherboard inside the case.
Where as external ones allows you to just take it on the go wherever you want and plug it into any device as long as you got an USB cable but generaly have weaker reading/writting speed.

It's essentialy just like desktop VS laptop. One is more powerful and stronger while the other one is more practical.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173419

Jool wrote:
As for the difference between the two is that generaly internal ones are more performant/faster but cannot be interacted with unless they are directly connected to the motherboard inside the case.
Where as external ones allows you to just take it on the go wherever you want and plug it into any device as long as you got an USB cable but generaly have weaker reading/writting speed.

It's essentialy just like desktop VS laptop. One is more powerful and stronger while the other one is more practical.
Ah fair enough and Hopefully last question. Would it be better for me to forfeit the RGB lighting for an extra fan?
lmaoo

RGB - uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/3P2rxr/coole...er-mlw-d12m-a20pc-r1

Non - uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/9gRFf7/coole...er-mlw-d24m-a20pw-r1
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173421

Mytic wrote:
Jool wrote:
Yeah, Thanks for all your help man it means alot. Also last quick question. Difference between something such as the samsung evo and something like this
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07LGF54XR/ref=sspa_...b3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Well all in all when looking at these types of SSD what you're looking at mostly is reading/write speed which is essentialy going to dictate how fast your computer will load up files, boot up, download stuff ( With writting speed not like internet speed ). Obviously other stuff come into consideration like durability, how well it perform under heavy work load, how much it's going to heat up ect.

But generaly for the same price range as long as it's both good and well known brand the difference won't be noticeable enough for someone using it for gaming like you. Although I believe the latest samsung EVO SSD are the " top " of the game when it comes down to it.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173422

Tyler K wrote:
New or Used? Used is a much better option in my opinion. Simply because new GPUs are so overpriced from used ones.

Completely depends on where you get this "used" GPU as with some places it's a gamble.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173425

Mytic wrote:
Jool wrote:

Ah fair enough and Hopefully last question. Would it be better for me to forfeit the RGB lighting for an extra fan?
lmaoo

The R7 2700X comes with a wraith prism cooler which is a pretty good stock cooler so I don't think it's necessary for you to get a replacement one. Worse case scenario you can always buy one later on if you feel like your CPU's temp is too high but from the reviews I've read online the one that you get with the CPU does the job well as long as you don't intend to overclock the CPU.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173426

Jool wrote:
Mytic wrote:
Jool wrote:

lmaoo

The R7 2700X comes with a wraith prism cooler which is a pretty good stock cooler so I don't think it's necessary for you to get a replacement one. Worse case scenario you can always buy one later on if you feel like your CPU's temp is too high but from the reviews I've read online the one that you get with the CPU does the job well as long as you don't intend to overclock the CPU.
I was thinking of getting the cooler master ones as i don't wanna use the stock case fans and i'm pretty sure that cooler works as a case fan aswell and if it benifits the CPU temp is it worth?
  • Mytic
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

What build would be better. 4 years 6 months ago #1173430

Mytic wrote:
Jool wrote:
Mytic wrote:
Jool wrote:

lmaoo

I was thinking of getting the cooler master ones as i don't wanna use the stock case fans and i'm pretty sure that cooler works as a case fan aswell and if it benifits the CPU temp is it worth?

It's up to you really. You'll most likely get better temps on your CPU with a liquid cooler too ( Although I don't know how easy those are to set-ups so I don't know if I'd recommend it if you're a newbie at PC building ) but the stock one is pretty decent at keeping the R7 2700X to good temps so yeah up to you.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

284 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
16/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun