Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What do you think?

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141678

Do you think Zarp will be alive again or not?
I just want to know people’s opinions tbh and “223 players” is quite a low number and half of it is from discord lol.
(Also I’m saying SSRP not any other server, ttt is alive :| )
  • Muha
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • In the Hood
  • Thanks received: 882
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobbys bob

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141679

No, gmod itself is dying
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141693

Recently, many other communities have too been experiencing the same player count decrease, so it's easy to determine that the problem isn't in ZARP's SSRP server(s). There are two possibilities, the first being the fact that Garry's Mod is, in-fact, a 2004 game and with the release of all the new modern games, people are obviously moving onto playing them, and the second one being that It's finally Summer and that people are going on Holidays on which they are not able or just not willing to bring their PC and play games. That's just my idea of what might be the issue at the moment.
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Mr. Richard.

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141727

the less people who play, the more successfull basing I’ll get. The more basing I’ll get, the more money I will have. The more money I will have, the more items I will have

kisses
  • Jeans
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Free Ezehzz
  • Thanks received: 264

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141728

Richard Hoffmann wrote:
Recently, many other communities have too been experiencing the same player count decrease, so it's easy to determine that the problem isn't in ZARP's SSRP server(s). There are two possibilities, the first being the fact that Garry's Mod is, in-fact, a 2004 game and with the release of all the new modern games, people are obviously moving onto playing them, and the second one being that It's finally Summer and that people are going on Holidays on which they are not able or just not willing to bring their PC and play games. That's just my idea of what might be the issue at the moment.
if summer isnt the time to play with your PC .... when is?
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141732

Richard Hoffmann wrote:

i dont know why people keep repeating that gmod itself is dying; it is just not true, we have actual data on this, which shows that garrys mod has a very consistent number of players playing, even since 2015.
furthermore, it also shows that the playerbase has been increasing not decreasing during summertime, which is another thing that people like to throw out there, which is just not true.
and even if we grant you all that which data disproves and say gmod and all servers are declining, it still doesnt explain zarps sharp decline, there are 290 servers above zarp. zarp use to be in the top 10 server rankings for months at a end.

steamcharts.com/app/4000#All
  • FluffyOP
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nade,Vitx,Aspect Simon&Hermoine,Plankton
  • Thanks received: 148
Ex-MC Owner and developer
Old, old Ex-SSRP staff
Ex-TS staff
Hermoine <3
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by FluffyOP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa, Denis, CBT

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141734

FluffyOP wrote:
Richard Hoffmann wrote:

i dont know why people keep repeating that gmod itself is dying; it is just not true, we have actual data on this, which shows that garrys mod has a very consistent number of players playing, even since 2015.
furthermore, it also shows that the playerbase has been increasing not decreasing during summertime, which is another thing that people like to throw out there saying which is just not true.
and if we grant you all that data can disprove and say gmod and all servers are declining, it still doesnt explain zarps sharp decline, there are 290 servers above zarp. zarp use to be in the top 10 server rankings for months at a end.

tell em boi! Tell em . #WeWantUpdates!
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141741

Kyber wrote:
No, gmod itself is dying
finally other people saying this :) i was the only one who was saying this ... well from what i've seen
  • EMPYT
  • Senior Boarder
  • I don't like cheese
  • Thanks received: 9

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141756

EMPYT wrote:
Kyber wrote:
No, gmod itself is dying
finally other people saying this :) i was the only one who was saying this ... well from what i've seen
Really isn't, it has been averaging 45-55k players over the past 2-3 years like flufy said look at the statistics
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 638

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141759

FluffyOP wrote:
Richard Hoffmann wrote:

furthermore, it also shows that the playerbase has been increasing not decreasing during summertime, which is another thing that people like to throw out there, which is just not true.
and even if we grant you all that which data disproves and say gmod and all servers are declining, it still doesnt explain zarps sharp decline, there are 290 servers above zarp. zarp use to be in the top 10 server rankings for months at a end.

I fail to see where i said that Garry's Mod is dying, i said: player count decrease, I've never said that it's now permanently fucked and that it is forever dead. I haven't been looking at any graphs nor statistics as i find most of them suprisingly inaccurate but rather shared what myself, and many others have been perceiving recently.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141764

TheFierceOwl wrote:
Richard Hoffmann wrote:
Sorry but some people might have a life, a familly and wants to get out of their PC to go visit another country, go to the beach/swimming pool, visit their grand parents, etc... It's not because you're addicted that everyone is. Also people might just want to do nothing because they are working the whole year and could need a break. Also you can play at anytime so I don't see why you're saying "if summer isnt the time to play with your PC .... when is?" because you're obviously playing whenever you want. And a lot of other people too.
  • ImTooFastForYou
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Be #Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 627

Ex Deathrun Head Administrator
Ex Prop Hunt Super Administrator
Ex Forum Report Abuse Section Moderator
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Discord Admin
Ex TTT Administrator
My Steam !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141766

Richard Hoffmann wrote:
FluffyOP wrote:
Richard Hoffmann wrote:

I fail to see where i said that Garry's Mod is dying, i said: player count decrease, I've never said that it's now permanently fucked and that it is forever dead. I haven't been looking at any graphs nor statistics as i find most of them suprisingly inaccurate but rather shared what myself, and many others have been perceiving recently.

i dont think i made a huge leap in logic inferring that your statement "people are leaving to go to more modern games" could be construed as you claiming that the game is "dying", dying is the decline of something.
why would you bring up "forever dead", "permanently fucked"; i never alluded to you saying something of sorts.

to the point that you dont look at statistics and claim they are inaccurate.

the steamgraph stats are not inaccurate, steam itself shows publicly how many people are on a certain game, all that website does is compile those numbers and put them on the website with a bunch of cool options to show how the number has fluctuated over time. If you dont trust that website just go on steam community and it will show the players online there.

As for you not looking at graphs or stats, theres not much i can say other then thats a bad way to form an opinion as your view is clouded by bias. look up "hierarchy of evidence pyramid", anecdotal evidence doesnt even make the list, thats how bad it is as evidence.
  • FluffyOP
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Old, old Ex-SSRP staff
Ex-TS staff
Hermoine <3

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141767

The server itself is at fault in my opinion for the majority of player loss, not the game's gradual decline in popularity.

Gmod is still a fairly popular game according to the steam charts, but there's not been enough done for the servers the past few years. It used to be a lot more competitive and fun, but there's a lot of contributing factors to why I believe it lost most of that. The economy is completely fucked, ever since they had a bugged wheel for one of the updates that introduced billions of essentially glitched items to come into the economy and did nothing about it, it highlighted the fact that you can literally not play the server but come back for its update and drop $50 on booster packs and essentially pay to win. This huge focus on booster packs as the primary money maker for F2P and P2W players is really demotivating to attempt to make money in other aspects of the game, atleast for me.

The only real roleplay on the server staff that are essentially forced to play, is to raid the PD and bank repeatedly all day long or do a nuke that is almost gaurunteed to go off due to overpowered items.

I mean, look at the server rankings. If nothing is done it'll be a 90 degree drop soon.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Morgan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CBT

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141768

Garry's mod player base is like the TF2 playerbase, it's relatively small but the number of people joining and the number of people leaving is usually around the same so I don't think it is anything to do with GMOD dying as GMOD doesn't seem like a game that will ever really die.
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141773

Another note I think that the booster pack monetization system is pretty outdated for games nowadays. I'd be curious to see how a cosmetic only monetization system for a Gmod server would work out if there was actually good content to buy.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141776

Literally in any big game like fortnite, tf2, etc people will always say the game is dying when it's not. ZARP itself is not showing signs of dying, SSRP just isn't doing as well as it can do which doesn't exactly mean its dying because we still have plans for the server to hopefully sustain a higher player count. At the moment Chute has been busy and unable to code our next update we have planned (DEAD is still around fixing bugs and adding smaller features suggested by the ssrp playerbase) but the community itself and some of ZARP's servers are doing okay and is active. People exaggerate so much about SSRP 'dying' but compare it to servers like Jailbreak (:() and even FP, ZARP is nowhere near that state at the moment.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9543

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141779

I have high hopes :)
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141781

ImTooFastForYou wrote:
TheFierceOwl wrote:
Richard Hoffmann wrote:
Sorry but some people might have a life, a familly and wants to get out of their PC to go visit another country, go to the beach/swimming pool, visit their grand parents, etc... It's not because you're addicted that everyone is. Also people might just want to do nothing because they are working the whole year and could need a break. Also you can play at anytime so I don't see why you're saying "if summer isnt the time to play with your PC .... when is?" because you're obviously playing whenever you want. And a lot of other people too.
puta why you say i have no life ! You didnt understand what i said , i said and i quote " If summer isnt the time when is? " which means that other than summer ( where everyone gets a break from work/School ) has work to do whether its Studying or going to a meeting , But in summer... Sir in summer you have all day to goof around on ur pc and no i wont visit my grandpa or grandma AND if i do its only for a max of 2 hours and return home. Im not addicted , Im letting out what ive been pressured with the entire year on a damn PC . B)
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141786

i dont think ssrp is on a decline either, out of the top ranking servers according to gametracker most of them are some variation of RP

i chose a couple to showcase my point, i ignored the russian ones, because fuck the russians, but all these servers have been doing well and continue to do so according to server ranking graph, not resembling zarp at all

www.gametracker.com/server_info/54.37.246.36:27015/
www.gametracker.com/server_info/s1.cloud-gaming.co.uk:27015/
www.gametracker.com/server_info/208.103.169.26:27016/
www.gametracker.com/server_info/208.103.169.212:27016/
www.gametracker.com/server_info/cg.civilservers.net:27015/
www.gametracker.com/server_info/51.68.200.55:27015/

didnt cherry pick servers
  • FluffyOP
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Old, old Ex-SSRP staff
Ex-TS staff
Hermoine <3

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141794

Jeans wrote:
the less people who play, the more successfull basing I’ll get. The more basing I’ll get, the more money I will have. The more money I will have, the more items I will have

kisses
I mean congratulations on having money when the server dies or be shut down :lol:
  • Muha
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • In the Hood
  • Thanks received: 882
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

234 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
2/40