Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What do you think?

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141795

FluffyOP wrote:
i dont think ssrp is on a decline either, out of the top ranking servers according to gametracker most of them are some variation of RP

i chose a couple to showcase my point, i ignored the russian ones, because fuck the russians, but all these servers have been doing well and continue to do so according to server ranking graph, not resembling zarp at all

www.gametracker.com/server_info/54.37.246.36:27015/
www.gametracker.com/server_info/s1.cloud-gaming.co.uk:27015/
www.gametracker.com/server_info/208.103.169.26:27016/
www.gametracker.com/server_info/208.103.169.212:27016/
www.gametracker.com/server_info/cg.civilservers.net:27015/
www.gametracker.com/server_info/51.68.200.55:27015/

didnt cherry pick servers
не уважай россиян
  • Muha
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • In the Hood
  • Thanks received: 881
Login or register to post a reply.

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1141911

Zarp isn't dying, a dying server would be FP or Jailbreak.
However, the playerbase is decreasing, and mainly because there is literally nothing new being added in game.
Players in general are bored to always do the same shit over and over again on Zarp, so they tend to player other games or other servers.
New content would definetely bring older players and new players.

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142034

What would you know, "George Washington"...
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142093

Wolfi wrote:
What would you know, "George Washington"...
Do we have a problem?
  • Muha
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • In the Hood

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142096

ToBeHonest wrote:
However, the playerbase is decreasing, and mainly because there is literally nothing new being added in game.
Players in general are bored to always do the same shit over and over again on Zarp, so they tend to player other games or other servers.
New content would bring back new and old players, but only for a few weeks or months, it would slip back into an empty state :(
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142098

ZARP is struggling at the moment; it's an undeniable fact.

Times get tough when both Chute/DEAD are busy with other things because nobody else is able to contribute to content for SSRP; we can only really suggest things repeatedly and they get put onto a list and eventually prioritized.

I personally would like to hear more about updates that are being planned - don't get me wrong, I don't want to know everything and I appreciate the surprise factor about them but even just knowing some of the little things like new features or changes to gunplay or something would, in theory, entice interested players to wait patiently for them to be released.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142101

I wouldn't be able to pinpoint an accurate answer to your question. So I suppose an "educated" guess will have to suffice.

First of all, some of the Pointshop servers do see an increase in players at seemingly random points in time, even without any vast updates. An excellent example of this would be Prophunt; going from being a reasonably inactive server, amounting around half-a-dozen to a dozen players throughout the week (mostly lower than that, too), to all of a sudden reach max players consecutively. I can only assume it is because of these two factors in particular:

• New maps and minor updates. As well as the occasional Pointshop updates.

• A decent number of players already on the server.[1]

I believe that if we want to improve the player counts on all our servers, that it is in our best interest (this is mostly directed to the current staff members on their respective servers) to start playing more active throughout the day. Optimally we would have everyone get together and play, instead of the usual activity farming that I have found to be surprisingly frequent on the less popular servers. This ensures that the server looks more intriguing to outside players and consequently increases the number of players.

In addition to that, I think as long as the HAs and Server Owners make an effort to update the servers somewhat regularly (small updates), that we will be able to maintain that player base. TheXnator should focus almost entirely on Pointshop updates, so they appear fairly consistently. As well as that, TheXnator might want to look into some more options to incentivise players to return to the ZARP servers (Some form of rewards, collectables or other things to grind for.)

That's all the input I'll give on the Pointshop servers for now. I know it isn't a lot, but it'll have to do until I can investigate this legitimately and try to find a relation between the player growth and what's currently happening on the server. I'll also try to hop onto other servers that are performing than our servers currently do to see if there's anything we can adopt.

Also, I believe it's an entirely different story for the SSRP servers. They require a lot more attention and optimisation. For now, I'll leave it to the CM team to determine what developments should be made to the server in the future.

[1] It honestly is quite simple once you consider it. Having more players actively playing on the server throughout the entire day, gives incentive for more players to join. I wouldn't want an empty server, nor do I believe most of you would either.

[!] Not quite a professional assessment, so don't kill me if some of my connections are incorrect, please. Oh, and sorry if it's poorly written, I never have time to polish these things.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Rick Townsend. Reason: *

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142170

The server is dead, and the problem is they don't listen to the community. Nerf overpowered weapons and items like the K398 electric rounds that can ruin bases through walls, and instead maybe add another function to it like activating fading doors or some shit?? The handcannon has been broken since it's came out and people have wanted it nerfed for almost 4 years now, it was, but badly, it's still overpowered as fuck. They need to push out frequent updates with new items, they need to be play tested and the items need to not be broken. These would at least add incentive for people to start basing again, and with basing comes raiding. Mummy desperately needs to be nerfed, it was fine when only few people had them, but now EVERYONE has them. They should remove the lives from the mummy and just make it similar to every other suit.

Old players won't come back to overpowered weapons, no bases, no updates, and no incentive to play because there isn't any new content. If basing is revived, I bet at least a small bit of the playerbase will return, but they are making all the wrong moves with the weapons and items that make it seemingly impossible to base.
  • Sam the Sausage
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • jutzu
  • Thanks received: 1642
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muha

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142225

Sam the Sausage wrote:
The server is dead, and the problem is they don't listen to the community. Nerf overpowered weapons and items like the K398 electric rounds that can ruin bases through walls, and instead maybe add another function to it like activating fading doors or some shit?? The handcannon has been broken since it's came out and people have wanted it nerfed for almost 4 years now, it was, but badly, it's still overpowered as fuck. They need to push out frequent updates with new items, they need to be play tested and the items need to not be broken. These would at least add incentive for people to start basing again, and with basing comes raiding. Mummy desperately needs to be nerfed, it was fine when only few people had them, but now EVERYONE has them. They should remove the lives from the mummy and just make it similar to every other suit.

Old players won't come back to overpowered weapons, no bases, no updates, and no incentive to play because there isn't any new content. If basing is revived, I bet at least a small bit of the playerbase will return, but they are making all the wrong moves with the weapons and items that make it seemingly impossible to base.

can i come base with you sossig
  • FluffyOP
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nade,Vitx,Aspect Simon&Hermoine,Plankton
  • Thanks received: 148
Ex-MC Owner and developer
Old, old Ex-SSRP staff
Ex-TS staff
Hermoine <3

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142299

Back in the days, the servers had so many players and during updates, you had to be in a queue to join due to them being full (SSRP).

I think the servers are dying due to owners being lazy (or busy) and maybe they're out of ideas. The servers have been ruined because of the economy and lack of updates. People are leaving because there are no new items. The updates that are coming out are just a mix of everything that already exists. They create a wheel that has most cases in them and the items are just entering peoples inventories. They really need to nerf overpowered weapons, and honestly, suits aswell. Some suits are very pricy but also way too strong (just my opinion).

New players have no chance against people with items, that is why people never join this server. People leave and new people doesn't join as often. A new player sets up a base, instantly gets rushed by several suits with overpowered weapons. What happens when that player gets raided? He instantly leaves because he notice how broken it is.
I think these boosterpack deals ruined everything. Yes, Chute needs to make money from the servers to be able to run them smoothly and to have good hosts aswell as other things, but it ruined eveything. Some people aren't rich and some people can't afford to buy boosters. Some people do have money and buys tens of boosterpacks and instantly gets some of the best items in the game, don't you think that ruins the fun of grinding? Items are flooding the servers and you must see that the servers (ssrp) aren't as good as they used too. Even the staff and the lead team leaves the server because all you do is nuke, raid PD once in a while and raid bank, (which is impossible without friends and items).

It's going to be hard for them to figure something out to keep their players and I honestly don't have any other ideas than nerf most if not all the items to make bases more common.
Some people don't even base because they know they're way too rich and doesn't need more items. That's when you realize it's fucked. That shouldn't even be a thing.

I'll probably get some hate for some of this but this is honestly how I see it.
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1395
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Ezeh.

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142312

Sam the Sausage wrote:
they don't listen to the community.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142340

Clarky wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:
they listen once
  • Muha
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • In the Hood

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142382

I think I can be a saviour a god amongst many moses'
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142395

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
ToBeHonest wrote:
New content would bring back new and old players, but only for a few weeks or months, it would slip back into an empty state :(
That's why Zarp MUST create fresh content regulary, or else it will fucking sink like Nafe's boat.

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142421

honestly its just the fact that is 2005 game and everyone moved to new games lik btf 5 , fortnite , pubg ect .
  • epicPLayer
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 7

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142422

epicPLayer wrote:
honestly its just the fact that is 2005 game and everyone moved to new games lik btf 5 , fortnite , pubg ect .
The way you speak sounds very familiar
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142444

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
epicPLayer wrote:
The way you speak sounds very familiar
How pathetic do you have to be to make an alt just to trash talk? pussy
  • Agebt
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • MAN WHAT?!
  • Thanks received: 993
Propane#4246

Steam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142453

Ezehzz wrote:
Back in the days, the servers had so many players and during updates, you had to be in a queue to join due to them being full (SSRP).

I think the servers are dying due to owners being lazy (or busy) and maybe they're out of ideas. The servers have been ruined because of the economy and lack of updates. People are leaving because there are no new items. The updates that are coming out are just a mix of everything that already exists. They create a wheel that has most cases in them and the items are just entering peoples inventories. They really need to nerf overpowered weapons, and honestly, suits aswell. Some suits are very pricy but also way too strong (just my opinion).

New players have no chance against people with items, that is why people never join this server. People leave and new people doesn't join as often. A new player sets up a base, instantly gets rushed by several suits with overpowered weapons. What happens when that player gets raided? He instantly leaves because he notice how broken it is.
I think these boosterpack deals ruined everything. Yes, Chute needs to make money from the servers to be able to run them smoothly and to have good hosts aswell as other things, but it ruined eveything. Some people aren't rich and some people can't afford to buy boosters. Some people do have money and buys tens of boosterpacks and instantly gets some of the best items in the game, don't you think that ruins the fun of grinding? Items are flooding the servers and you must see that the servers (ssrp) aren't as good as they used too. Even the staff and the lead team leaves the server because all you do is nuke, raid PD once in a while and raid bank, (which is impossible without friends and items).

It's going to be hard for them to figure something out to keep their players and I honestly don't have any other ideas than nerf most if not all the items to make bases more common.
Some people don't even base because they know they're way too rich and doesn't need more items. That's when you realize it's fucked. That shouldn't even be a thing.

I'll probably get some hate for some of this but this is honestly how I see it.
I agree, new players have absolutely no chance or opportunity to become rich on the server besides buying booster packs. I miss the days when you would grind for days and days to get an item that you wanted. I remember how bad it felt to lose an item as small as a milkor, but that's what made it fun, the risk. But now there are so many suits and items in the economy that it's unbelievably hard to get anywhere without using boosters. Basing and raiding is such a massive part of darkrp that it's no surprise the server numbers keep going down, why would people play if there isn't any way to base or raid? A huge step is to nerf aids weapons like the K398 electric rounds, if you spam them enough, the defenders can't do anything and lose to something that you can shoot through walls. It requires no effort or skill to raid a base with electric rounds, and it pisses everyone off on the defending side.
  • Sam the Sausage
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • jutzu

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142457

Clarky wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:
Explain how they have listened to the community over the past year. We ask for items to be nerfed, some sort of small info about updates, look at everyone on the forums asking when the next update is gonna be. The community has only been saying for 2 years that more frequent updates would be nice, as long as they were play tested and there weren't any exploits with the new items. The handcannon has been so overpowered for almost 4 years, and EVERYONE wanted it nerfed when it came out because of how incredibly overpowered it was. They should buff less used items like ions, spartans, m303s, and nerf less valuable and common items like the handcannon. Dude, I love this community, and it's a fucking shame to see it dying, which it very clearly is. It's a decent bit of work to do these things, but I'm sure that the outcome would be at least a small influx of players.

Also it'd appreciate if you'd give me a real response instead of a picture of a twitch emote that's being used in the incorrect context
  • Sam the Sausage
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • jutzu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smol, Snake9006

What do you think? 4 years 9 months ago #1142460

Sam the Sausage wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Sam the Sausage wrote:
Explain how they have listened to the community over the past year. We ask for items to be nerfed, some sort of small info about updates, look at everyone on the forums asking when the next update is gonna be. The community has only been saying for 2 years that more frequent updates would be nice, as long as they were play tested and there weren't any exploits with the new items. The handcannon has been so overpowered for almost 4 years, and EVERYONE wanted it nerfed when it came out because of how incredibly overpowered it was. They should buff less used items like ions, spartans, m303s, and nerf less valuable and common items like the handcannon. Dude, I love this community, and it's a fucking shame to see it dying, which it very clearly is. It's a decent bit of work to do these things, but I'm sure that the outcome would be at least a small influx of players.

Also it'd appreciate if you'd give me a real response instead of a picture of a twitch emote that's being used in the incorrect context
hc was nerfed what do you mean lol
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

150 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun