Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rust server concept: have your say!

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135846

A while ago I created a topic asking the community "what game server would you like to see?", which you can find here: zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/general-d...38759-attention-zarp

Not promising anything here but I'm interested in creating a Rust server concept to demo to the CM team to see what they think of the idea should the time come where they are wondering what new server(s) they could set up.

My initial proposal will be to create a Rust server using the Oxide mod to allow for custom plugins to be created and added to the server itself. Once I have a worthwhile server set up I will go about creating a formal suggestion with all necessary information required.

However, before I get started, I need some help from any potential Rust players with a lot of experience under their belt. If you fit the bill, my question to you is: what are some plugins you've seen on servers that you were a fan of and would like to see on your own server, given the chance? If you need some help finding it, you can search here.

If you can't seem to find an existing plugin for an idea you have, describe it in a reply to this topic and I can go around creating one for you. Oxide plugins are written in C#, which happens to be my language of choice and the one I use for work so there's a lot less for me to learn.

TL;DR

Reply with Rust plugin ideas (existing or new)
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135847

An SCP server > a Rust server

Change my mind
  • Tamaninja
  • Gold Boarder
  • wag1
  • Thanks received: 3821
The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky, Mr. Richard, House

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135848

Tamalad wrote:
An SCP server > a Rust server

Change my mind
Thanks for your helpful contribution, much appreciated!
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135849

No concrete ideas but yes please :clap:
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1040
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135850

I don't even own Rust and not run it on my pc with 8gb of RAM so im not really certain about having a Rust server personally..
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Clarky.

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135852

I've played quite a bit of Rust and it's a great game but imo the servers are abit shit on that game that's why I don't really play it anymore, but if Zarp had its own server I would play that shit all day brother!!! :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:

I would prefer the Rust server to not be one of the OP types, at most I would say 2x as I think 5x and onwards servers are real boring after a while but maybe that's because I just enjoy more of a vanilla experience.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by narexa.

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135853

Would love to see a Rust server. :clap:
Would be nice to have a limit to teams, like duo or trios. 2x at least lol. Vanilla is such a fat grind.
  • BossComic23
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • ••••?••••
  • Thanks received: 802
Steam
---
♛Ex-TTT Super Admin♛ x2
♛Ex-TTT Head Admin♛
♛Ex-Jailbreak Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Moderator♛

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135854

Narexa wrote:
I've played quite a bit of Rust and it's a great game but imo the servers are abit shit on that game that's why I don't really play it anymore, but if Zarp had its own server I would play that shit all day brother!!! :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:

I would prefer the Rust server to not be one of the OP types, at most I would say 2x as I think 5x and onwards servers are real boring after a while but maybe that's because I just enjoy more of a vanilla experience.

I think variables like that are to be decided by the community as a whole. I'd suggest a poll on which multiplier is the best. This is a personal preference so it's only natural we pick whatever the majority enjoys the most.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135856

Rick Johnson wrote:
Narexa wrote:

I think variables like that are to be decided by the community as a whole. I'd suggest a poll on which multiplier is the best. This is a personal preference so it's only natural we pick whatever the majority enjoys the most.

Dude you don't need other opinions, I've been playing Zarp since 2014 thus my opinion is god tier B)
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
Yes I'm female
The following user(s) said Thank You: alit

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135857

Clarky wrote:
I don't even own Rust and not run it on my pc with 8gb of RAM so im not really certain about having a Rust server personally..

I obviously don't want to force people to buy a game they don't have. At the very least, this will be a chance for me to take up a project that I've never really done before, I won't be too fussed if you, Chute, DEAD or EMP don't see the value in a Rust server

Narexa wrote:

I used to play ARK a long time ago and a lot of unofficial servers had increased resource multipliers. I can agree that leaving it stock would probably be too tedious, increasing the multipliers does make things easier so I'm open to debate on what these should be adjusted to.

BossComic23 wrote:
Would love to see a Rust server. :clap:
Would be nice to have a limit to teams, like duo or trios. 2x at least lol. Vanilla is such a fat grind.

As for your point about teams, I was fond of having a gang/team system that would be similar to SSRP in premise. We could cap to X number of players to avoid people flocking to big teams all the time but I don't want to restrict it too much.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BossComic23

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135859

I would absolutely love a rust server and it would be a great way to expand our community.
I think filling the server with too many plugins would ruin it, even just simple teleport plugins ruin the game. Maybe just add some Fresh wipe kits or VIP kits that *could* possibly link to the pre-existing zarp VIP.
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: alit, Agebt

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135860

I own rust I support this
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914
The following user(s) said Thank You: alit

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135862

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
I would absolutely love a rust server and it would be a great way to expand our community.
I think filling the server with too many plugins would ruin it, even just simple teleport plugins ruin the game. Maybe just add some Fresh wipe kits or VIP kits that *could* possibly link to the pre-existing zarp VIP.

I don't want too many plugins either, I'd like it to be vanilla as possible but obviously have some 'nice-to-haves' in terms of plugins, maybe more advanced logging, permission management etc.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BossComic23

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135866

.uzi wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:

I don't want too many plugins either, I'd like it to be vanilla as possible but obviously have some 'nice-to-haves' in terms of plugins, maybe more advanced logging, permission management etc.

There is a skin plugin, were you can basically have any skin you want on your gun or doors so you could use that as a VIP benefit, maybe?
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
Yes I'm female

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135869

Narexa wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:

There is a skin plugin, were you can basically have any skin you want on your gun or doors so you could use that as a VIP benefit, maybe?

Maybe a levelling system like PO servers but with skins? But i'm not sure a plugin like this exists, skins can only be bought or giving to a player after they play the game for a certain amount of time.
  • BossComic23
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • ••••?••••
  • Thanks received: 802
Steam
---
♛Ex-TTT Super Admin♛ x2
♛Ex-TTT Head Admin♛
♛Ex-Jailbreak Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Admin♛
♛Ex-SSRP Moderator♛

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135871

Narexa wrote:
Rick Johnson wrote:
Narexa wrote:

Dude you don't need other opinions, I've been playing Zarp since 2014 thus my opinion is god tier B)

I've also played since 2014 so our opinions cancel out, sorry.
  • Rick Townsend
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Dreamy, Amazing, Radiant, Knowledgable
  • Thanks received: 500

Ex. Community Council Member
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Discord Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Forum Staff

Rick Townsend
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135872

BossComic23 wrote:
Narexa wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:

Maybe a levelling system like PO servers but with skins? But i'm not sure a plugin like this exists, skins can only be bought or giving to a player after they play the game for a certain amount of time.

There is a skin plugin that allows you to pick any skin you want, from my knowledge it's called "Skinbox" but there are probably many others.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
Yes I'm female

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135878

Narexa wrote:
BossComic23 wrote:
Narexa wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:

There is a skin plugin that allows you to pick any skin you want, from my knowledge it's called "Skinbox" but there are probably many others.
A system like that would just cause unneeded lag for either players with poor pc's or the server in general
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135976

my pc is shizle i cant even play rust :P
  • Stuny
  • Senior Boarder
  • I am a grape !
  • Thanks received: 147
Point made byee

Rust server concept: have your say! 4 years 10 months ago #1135993

.uzi wrote:
Clarky wrote:

I used to play ARK a long time ago and a lot of unofficial servers had increased resource multipliers. I can agree that leaving it stock would probably be too tedious, increasing the multipliers does make things easier so I'm open to debate on what these should be adjusted to.
X3 is pretty good!
  • Agebt
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • MAN WHAT?!
  • Thanks received: 993
Propane#4246

Steam
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

277 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1