Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: To the chosen one!

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918130

I’m not sure but I will say it straight up that if the right choice isn’t made it will be the nail in the coffin for Zarp. I can already see a few people who applied that shouldn’t even be in the community let alone be applying for anything.

A couple of things that I believe should be changed when the new person gets in.

1) Hacking Policy; Harsher punishment and less chances to come back and do it anymore.
2) Negativity; Kick the Wank stains out that do nothing but bitch all the time and have nothing positive to stay about the community.
3) Staffing; Give the ranks a purpose again and stop letting people get higher ranks without working for them. I don’t care if they have been here a 100yrs if they haven’t worked for them then fuck em.
4) Servers; Less Servers so more focus can be put on the ones that are used the most including removing server 2 SSRP and replacing it with a Vanilla ZARP SSRP 3 years back.
5) Standards; Higher the standards for staff and any other position. I remember when one warning in two weeks was bad now people get staff with two warnings in the same week they apply.

I believe with all my heart that because we got relaxed with people and let the community run of a lot of things it caused issues. Yes there is a lot of people who want the best for ZARP but it only takes one or two to turn others in to monsters of destruction and just want to vote in stupid shit. We have seen it time and time again things being put in because someone’s got a bunch of people on the bandwagon and it’s gone to shit.

I also believe the passion isn’t there in some of the staff that there was back in the day. I can remember the staff REALLY REALLY giving a shit and never needed any of these policies and guides to do their job because end of the day they did what they thought was best and if they fuckdd up we understood and just fixed the situation.

Oh and anyone that says they will answer and sort out all the suggestions are full of shit and straight up lying their asses off. When there was multiple developers we still didn’t have the time to go and look at them all and then reply and then vote and then implement. SO STOP SAYING YOU WILL YOU CANT BULL SHIT AND BULLSHITTER.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 3318
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by RedPowder.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brandify, Ashur, Luki_Guki

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918145

Hacking policy can be changed when the new CM gets it without a democratic vote in the meeting, the problem is after those 30 days it can be changed back by a vote
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9544
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aek177

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918155

I understand people's complaints regarding hackers, but I refuse to change the policy at this current time. It is for that reason that I haven't added it to my application.

Chute and EMP carefully explained one time why the hacking policy is this specific way. I don't fully agree with it, but I understand the decision. I have enougg respect for both of them to not say "Fuck you, I'm changing it anyway."

What I cannot understand though is why we have a zero tolerance policy on discrimination. It seems so stupid to immediately ban someone for saying a bad word (and they might not even know it isn't allowed, some other Gmod communities are fine with it) yet to let hackers walk around freely.

I'm all for stricter punishments in some regard. I also believe staff should try to be more careful with who they vote for within meetings - technically speaking you do actually get a voluntary job that has an actual effect on the people playing on the server.

As far as servers are concerned though, I disagree. SSRP is under EMP's and Chute's discretion. They'll code the updates for it. However other servers have their own respective coders (mostly). Since everyone primarily codes for the servers they want to code on, focussing on less servers won't actually make much of a difference.

I fully agree with the second point though. #KickOutTheWankStains
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918172

RedPowder wrote:
Oh and anyone that says they will answer and sort out all the suggestions are full of shit and straight up lying their asses off. When there was multiple developers we still didn’t have the time to go and look at them all and then reply and then vote and then implement. SO STOP SAYING YOU WILL YOU CANT BULL SHIT AND BULLSHITTER.
I'll get it done for you Red.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3528

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918173

Clarky wrote:
Hacking policy can be changed when the new CM gets it without a democratic vote in the meeting, the problem is after those 30 days it can be changed back by a vote
Get em all banned in 30 days then Homie.

Raeker wrote:
I understand people's complaints regarding hackers, but I refuse to change the policy at this current time. It is for that reason that I haven't added it to my application.

Chute and EMP carefully explained one time why the hacking policy is this specific way. I don't fully agree with it, but I understand the decision. I have enougg respect for both of them to not say "Fuck you, I'm changing it anyway."

What I cannot understand though is why we have a zero tolerance policy on discrimination. It seems so stupid to immediately ban someone for saying a bad word (and they might not even know it isn't allowed, some other Gmod communities are fine with it) yet to let hackers walk around freely.

I'm all for stricter punishments in some regard. I also believe staff should try to be more careful with who they vote for within meetings - technically speaking you do actually get a voluntary job that has an actual effect on the people playing on the server.

As far as servers are concerned though, I disagree. SSRP is under EMP's and Chute's discretion. They'll code the updates for it. However other servers have their own respective coders (mostly). Since everyone primarily codes for the servers they want to code on, focussing on less servers won't actually make much of a difference.

That policy as caused more issues than it’s worth oh and that’s what they’re wanting from you they want to give you a chance to put things the way YOU think they should be. If your just going to bow down and follow them then what’s the point? They want new ideas and someone to change what they think is wrong so they can see how it works out.
I mean it makes zero difference to me I just think deep down that them things are the key issues.

Your a good guy regardless of what you do if you get it and it’s no sweat of my shoulders.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by RedPowder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918176

RedPowder wrote:
Clarky wrote:
I got you
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9544

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918177

RedPowder wrote:
Clarky wrote:

Raeker wrote:

That policy as caused more issues than it’s worth oh and that’s what they’re wanting from you they want to give you a chance to put things the way YOU think they should be. If your just going to bow down and follow them then what’s the point? They want new ideas and someone to change what they think is wrong so they can see how it works out.
I mean it makes zero difference to me I just think deep down that them things are the key issues.

Your a good guy regardless of what you do if you get it and it’s no sweat of my shoulders.
The community doesn't know what it wants, Vanilla SSRP would kill zarp just how it did with FP , sometimes it's better ignore the community if you think it will turn out better. Also, removing content is dumb from every aspect.
Imo, your ideas are not very well thought out , Red.
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918181

dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Clarky wrote:

Raeker wrote:

The community doesn't know what it wants, Vanilla SSRP would kill zarp just how it did with FP , sometimes it's better ignore the community if you think it will turn out better. Also, removing content is dumb from every aspect.

Do you really believe removing one server of THREE to replace it with something a lot of people have been wanting to have is a bad idea ? The content is still there on the other TWO server.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918188

RedPowder wrote:
dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Clarky wrote:

Raeker wrote:

Do you really believe removing one server of THREE to replace it with something a lot of people have been wanting to have is a bad idea ? The content is still there on the other TWO server.
Server 2 has seen many players whenever SSRP's basing is alive, because it's the go-to server for good connection, at least semi-reliable hitboxes and good basing options. It's map needs to get smaller, since the outer rim of the map is relatively useless, but other than that it's a pretty good server.
Some people do not have really good internet connections and they play with 130~ ping on S1 and 110~ on S2. Also, having a server without as many people means you can more easily base and still get some profit (which is very important for starting players, since they do not have as good gear, and they wouldn't be as used to defending as other people already in the server with similar gear are.
So yes, I think it's a terrible idea, and I probably can add more to this than this list.
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918220

dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Clarky wrote:

Raeker wrote:

Server 2 has seen many players whenever SSRP's basing is alive, because it's the go-to server for good connection, at least semi-reliable hitboxes and good basing options. It's map needs to get smaller, since the outer rim of the map is relatively useless, but other than that it's a pretty good server.
Some people do not have really good internet connections and they play with 130~ ping on S1 and 110~ on S2. Also, having a server without as many people means you can more easily base and still get some profit (which is very important for starting players, since they do not have as good gear, and they wouldn't be as used to defending as other people already in the server with similar gear are.
So yes, I think it's a terrible idea, and I probably can add more to this than this list.
Hmmm, the server has a lot of players when basing is alive in the server, but how come the server hasn't had even over 32 players in the last 30 days?
  • Fantasy
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 193

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918222

Fantasy wrote:
dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Clarky wrote:

Raeker wrote:

Hmmm, the server has a lot of players when basing is alive in the server, but how come the server hasn't had even over 32 players in the last 30 days?
because the server's dying? what are you on about? zarp's almost dead xD
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918293

Clearly easy to tell you haven't been playing for the past several months and yet you think increasing the requirements to become a staff member and bringing it back to what it was is a good idea.

There is a lack of applicants currently so if you were to make it even harder there'd be even less of them making it an harder job for the current ones leading in even more people resigning because they can't be bothered to deal with 20 unhandled F1s as soon as they join the server. Staff is a voluntary position but that doesn't mean you become a slave once you accept it.

The real problem is that the playerbase has been decreasing ( lack of updates, suggestions blablabla we've been over that a thousand times... ) and what used to be a very competitive server that attracted people because everyone wanted to grind and be part of one of the big gang to show off with his suit and epic 20 man nuke/raid/base is but a mere shadow of it's former self. Just walk around the map even when there's 60 players it's like a ghost town. The spawn is filled with afk people or players waiting for something to happen when clearly nothing is going to happen and pretty much every other district ( Except maybe the bank district and the PD when there's a raid ) are completly empty.

Because of that players take the server much more lightly since there's nothing going on and the whole fun of zarp is pretty much gone leading to everyone joining just to pretty much meme around and since they only join to meme, the staff are taken much less seriously leading to staff themselves taking their job much less seriously. Before people actualy cared because they didn't want to get banned and miss a part of an update or cool week-ends filled with action of nuking/raiding/basing. But when you take that away you realise zarp is a poor excuse of a semi-serious " roleplay " server.

If you want to fix the staff team start by fixing the server itself.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Supreme Leader Of All Zarp Related Things
  • Thanks received: 774
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Jool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dankek

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918422

dankek wrote:
Fantasy wrote:
dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Clarky wrote:

Raeker wrote:

so you're saying we should keep open a dead server? Your logic is something else my friend
  • Fantasy
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 193

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918891

Fantasy wrote:
dankek wrote:
Fantasy wrote:
dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Clarky wrote:

Raeker wrote:

so you're saying we should keep open a dead server? Your logic is something else my friend
are you thick? I'm talking about SSRP, s1+s2+s3 are an ecosystem. I'm sorry I actually said server instead of the gamemode, it's just so apparent to me.
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918956

I agree with what Dan and Agent Zero said. One thing to point out is that if you kicked out all the "Wank stains" you'd have around 30% of the players remaining - The worst way to revive Zarp is likely to take your suggestions into consideration, Red.

Edit: Just read through what you had to said and I gotta say i'm proud of Chute & EMP for denying these shitty suggestions that's literally based on your salt.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918959

God can you please and never post the forums again. Whenever I see your name I can just hear your horrible voice they makes my ears feel like they’re bleeding.
  • Getzco
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 299
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, narexa

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #918963

I fucking hate when people quote so many people, just put what you want to say and @ them or something.

And also, not entirely sure how you can comment on the staff when you don't even play Red.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by narexa.

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #919040

Now we know what happened! Redpowder left us and it all went to shit
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1738

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #919046

dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Clarky wrote:

Raeker wrote:

I know your new to the community but server 2 has been dead for 2 years plus now
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead
  • Thanks received: 567

Self proclaimed greatest of all time
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedPowder, rroobbiinn10xx

To the chosen one! 5 years 11 months ago #919061

Plankton wrote:
dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
dankek wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Clarky wrote:

Raeker wrote:

I know your new to the community but server 2 has been dead for 2 years plus now

I wasn’t even going to respond to him he’s one of the people that just bitch and don’t do fuck all about it. You have put so much time in to ZARP staffing and running servers and then some dick comes along that’s made a couple dozen shit posts and thinks he knows best.

His point was server two is a place for new players to get money but replacing it with a new start would do the same think so clearly he’s just chatting shit cause he wants to be noticed.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Clarky. Reason: TOU - Calm down a bit with the disrespect and try act more civil
The following user(s) said Thank You: rroobbiinn10xx
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

148 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32