Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What made you stay?

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114306

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Jawson wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
So, I think I have what I am going to do. Currently, server 2 isn't used for much more than mining so lets put it to good use after I have talked with the CM team I will decide if this is going to happen and all the final decisions but.

Let's think of a server with an "experimental" branch of the game mode was on server 2. This would let me get a feel for what the community would like and give people a chance to test the changes. I think the best thing that would have to happen is if this goes well I will disable some weapons, suits, and features to make it so if what guys are saying is true and I will be playing on there to see if I like it as much as you guys.

If this goes well maybe it will be pushed to the main servers I just have to find a way to "remove" items without upsetting everyone that had one if this does become what people want

I don't think there will be a way to remove any special items without massive backlash and outrage.

I think this is why we will have to make an in RP reason of why they were removed. I think the whole "gencorp" thing is a great idea and I want to continue that and maybe have some competition for "gencorp" in the future

Its up to you and the others in the cm team after all but I personally don't see anything good out of removing items from the game it will really create massive problems, no matter how you back it up there will still be at least a fair amount of people that will bitch about it forever.
  • Jawson
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP
  • Thanks received: 1927
Login or register to post a reply.

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114310

Let's reset the whole server so we're all poor :)
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1395
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114312

Ezehzz wrote:

I mean I am all up for a server like that but let's experiment with disabling things first yea?
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114314

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Ezehzz wrote:

I mean I am all up for a server like that but let's experiment with disabling things first yea?

But I think most people have a problem with the economy, I have mixed feelings about a classic style server or just a wiped server in general, as I really would love to play it, but I don't know how long it would last but I just want the same feeling of what basing and raiding felt like, when aim was actually required I loved that shit, I'm not too bothered about some suits but suits like the Mummy are just retarded you shouldn't be able to hold a suit out and not worry about it getting ripped imo there should always be a worry of getting a suit out that you're going to lose it, but with the Mummy I just don't think there is one, also I'm not a big fan of all these golden items.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by narexa.

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114317

Ezehzz wrote:
this I actually like, dunno bout you but I'd hard grind that shit, changing s2 or s3 to a wiped server would be pretty fun, I'd imagine it'd be a lot easier to do with s3 though considering it's on a separate host but idk about the technicalities
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, Ezeh

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114321

SorIe wrote:
Ezehzz wrote:
this I actually like, dunno bout you but I'd hard grind that shit, changing s2 or s3 to a wiped server would be pretty fun, I'd imagine it'd be a lot easier to do with s3 though considering it's on a separate host but idk about the technicalities
Problem is, you can't just wipe one server and then have people play it for however long. Even for a test, because then you have the people who bitch that the test is over and it goes back to normal claiming they lost a bunch of hard work, despite knowing what they signed up for. Stupid people can't be pleased, just a sad fact.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8582
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Nafe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, narexa

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114322

Nafe wrote:
SorIe wrote:
Ezehzz wrote:
Problem is, you can't just wipe one server and then have people play it for however long. Even for a test, because then you have the people who bitch that the test is over and it goes back to normal claiming they lost a bunch of hard work, despite knowing what they signed up for. Stupid people can't be pleased, just a sad fact.
fuck a test just do it :4Head:
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by SorIe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114323

SorIe wrote:
Ezehzz wrote:

Imagine how fun this would be. It was so fun back in the days where you only used drugs and a few special weapons. When the Jugg was introduced, it was a little bit fun but they just took it too far. Now, it's about the amount of suits you have. If you don't have a mummy and friends with suits, It's impossible to actually nuke etc without getting killed within seconds.

It was so fun when people used to raid and base, because when you actually lost, for example a Thundergun, you got sad. The thundergun was around $5m and it was honestly a pain in the ass to lose that. Now, people use those items instead of normal weapons.

A clean server would be so fun, new people can actually have a chance to make money without getting rushed by mummies and gluons, it's impossible.
Though, there will never be a complete wipe because people purchased a lot of boosters and they can't just take that away from people, chute also needs to find new ways to make money from the server (Not by adding double boosters with a lot of cases - it just ruins everything), just try to find new ways, if he now cares about getting a lot of money.
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1395
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114325

Everything gets worse when you grow up :(
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114357

I think job reworks are in order. Either that or new jobs should be introduced. It’s extremely boring to RP as a non criminal job at the moment, and especially if you’re a banker, the fact that some cops don’t know what they’re doing and end up destroying your legal business doesn’t help.

My suggestions:

New Jobs:
With the addition of new jobs, I believe that newer and more veteran players alike would be able to have new experiences on the server, boosting playtime and overall giving a more enjoyable experience.

- Real Estate Salesman
We all know that there are certain buildings that are preferred for basing, so why not be able to rent out buildings to individuals or gangs? The RES can purchase buildings, and set a price to charge for someone to own the building. This amount would be deducted from their balance every half-hour or so.

- Pharmacist/Bartender
The pharmacist job would allow them to create certain drugs legally, like Morphine or Amphetamine. Bartender job would be essentially the same job but with booze, still produces it legally.

- Banker
The banker job needs a rework. I believe that there should be some kind of entity that you can spawn in that holds printers in place, and wires the money from the printer to the printer owner every 10-15 minutes. The banker can charge a certain percentage via an option on the entity, and that would be deducted from the amount sent to the printer owner. The entity wouldn't trigger police scanners, therefore would not give them a valid reason to raid.

- Chef
The chef can cook items that temporarily boost your stats, like health, damage reduction, health regen, etc. A food/water meter can be implemented, but since it's SSRP and not SRP I'm unsure if that's a great idea or not, but you could try it I suppose.

- Drug Dealer
Add new drugs that can be grown/manufactured.

- Vigilante
This job wouldn't be classified as police, but this job allows the player to arrest/kill criminals for a bounty. Make it so that only certain "hardcore" crimes (like murder or assault) would give the bounty. This job can use citizen player models, and the job title will be "Citizen" (the one under their name); just so the people that are wanted don't KOS them. Vigilantes can still be arrested by the police.

Spending Cash In-Game:
There need to be more ways to spend cash in game. The economy is so inflated, and there needs to be a way to somehow get money out of the hands of players (for example, when you buy a car; that money is gone forever. It doesn't go to another player, it's essentially gone). In game tournaments with an entry fee may help with this, with different brackets for new players, older players, veteran players, and people like paramontana. xd

Let me know what y'all think.
  • Tettra
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The original Good Boy™️
  • Thanks received: 930
I'm an ex at a lot of things:
Global Moderator
SSRP Admin (I was SuperAdmin for 10 seconds as a mistake)
Minigames Owner
Teamspeak Staff
Minecraft Mod (lol)
Deathrun Mod

I used to go by Fennster4 but now I’m cooler
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Tettra.

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114360

Tettra wrote:
I think job reworks are in order. Either that or new jobs should be introduced. It’s extremely boring to RP as a non criminal job at the moment, and especially if you’re a banker, the fact that some cops don’t know what they’re doing and end up destroying your legal business doesn’t help.

I don't know when the last time you played was but police so far have got the biggest overhaul / rework, with a new job which is FBI. There's a lot you can do as police now so rather than me trying to explain it would probably be better if you played it to exprience it for yourself.
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 8582

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114361

Nafe wrote:
SorIe wrote:
Ezehzz wrote:
Just tell them to simmer or have a zarp notice every 30 minutes or so saying that this is a test server and once the test is over all of your work will be gone! You can also make it every 15 seconds to cater to the old folks with dementia :)
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1820
Jay House number 1 as always

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114371

Tettra wrote:

My suggestions:

New Jobs:
With the addition of new jobs, I believe that newer and more veteran players alike would be able to have new experiences on the server, boosting playtime and overall giving a more enjoyable experience.

- Real Estate Salesman
We all know that there are certain buildings that are preferred for basing, so why not be able to rent out buildings to individuals or gangs? The RES can purchase buildings, and set a price to charge for someone to own the building. This amount would be deducted from their balance every half-hour or so.

- Pharmacist/Bartender
The pharmacist job would allow them to create certain drugs legally, like Morphine or Amphetamine. Bartender job would be essentially the same job but with booze, still produces it legally.

- Banker
The banker job needs a rework. I believe that there should be some kind of entity that you can spawn in that holds printers in place, and wires the money from the printer to the printer owner every 10-15 minutes. The banker can charge a certain percentage via an option on the entity, and that would be deducted from the amount sent to the printer owner. The entity wouldn't trigger police scanners, therefore would not give them a valid reason to raid.

- Chef
The chef can cook items that temporarily boost your stats, like health, damage reduction, health regen, etc. A food/water meter can be implemented, but since it's SSRP and not SRP I'm unsure if that's a great idea or not, but you could try it I suppose.

- Drug Dealer

- Vigilante
This job wouldn't be classified as police, but this job allows the player to arrest/kill criminals for a bounty. Make it so that only certain "hardcore" crimes (like murder or assault) would give the bounty. This job can use citizen player models, and the job title will be "Citizen" (the one under their name); just so the people that are wanted don't KOS them. Vigilantes can still be arrested by the police.

Spending Cash In-Game:
There need to be more ways to spend cash in game. The economy is so inflated, and there needs to be a way to somehow get money out of the hands of players (for example, when you buy a car; that money is gone forever. It doesn't go to another player, it's essentially gone). In game tournaments with an entry fee may help with this, with different brackets for new players, older players, veteran players, and people like paramontana. xd

edited
  • Tettra
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The original Good Boy™️
  • Thanks received: 930
I'm an ex at a lot of things:
Global Moderator
SSRP Admin (I was SuperAdmin for 10 seconds as a mistake)
Minigames Owner
Teamspeak Staff
Minecraft Mod (lol)
Deathrun Mod

I used to go by Fennster4 but now I’m cooler

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114376

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
So, I think I have what I am going to do. Currently, server 2 isn't used for much more than mining so lets put it to good use after I have talked with the CM team I will decide if this is going to happen and all the final decisions but.

Let's think of a server with an "experimental" branch of the game mode was on server 2. This would let me get a feel for what the community would like and give people a chance to test the changes. I think the best thing that would have to happen is if this goes well I will disable some weapons, suits, and features to make it so if what guys are saying is true and I will be playing on there to see if I like it as much as you guys.

If this goes well maybe it will be pushed to the main servers I just have to find a way to "remove" items without upsetting everyone that had one if this does become what people want

Yessssss
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-
  • Thanks received: 905

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114421

Divide everyones cash by 10
  • AlphaLyle
  • Gold Boarder
  • |-Alpha-|
  • Thanks received: 281
you were expecting a signature, too bad.

西兰花共同拥有者

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114471

DEADMONSTOR wrote:

This man's oan it
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114472

DEADMONSTOR wrote:

This man's oan it

:plussp:
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by .uzi.

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114474

GmadTheH4cker wrote:
Honestly bring back the idea of skill, I’ve been around this community longer than majority of the players here nowadays I’ve experienced all kinds of fun and what worked and what didn’t, not even for me for majority of the player base the best times were when orbs or a M202 were the best weapon you could get, props didn’t disappear when broken they stayed like actual debris, gang wars were a thing and the best gangs were The ones with either the most players or best Aimers.

If you bring back the old SVU tell these shitty fucking suits to fuck right off I guarantee you Myself and multiple old players and people who love defending a base with pure aim and strategy, while the newer players print inside and still get their fun, it gives a range of players a feeling of fun rather than just the plebs who cant aim so they use a gluon and hyper. I’m not saying remove every new item, keep the tgun etc just remove suits that’s it keep the rest, so worse players can defend themselves and good players can have fun with out 1 tapping plebs like Aspect.
Seriously man we’ve been all fucking saying this for the longest time Chute doesn’t fucking care about any of that shit he just cares if his servers running and he’s making $. Give us what we’ve been asking for the last few fucking years and maybe this server wouldn’t be so shit, teleporting? Invisible? 2000 HP wtf? Just give us old fashioned aim battles but a balance for kids who use moms credit card for 100 booster packs. Replace the suits in people’s inventory with a good estimate gem/cash balance (both not just one so no one gets 100 bil) to satisfy the kids who blew their moms pay check on booster packs, but also give us the satisfaction of being able to raid a fucking base without mummy suits and shit.

You guys always say “let’s improve the server what do you guys want” we’ve been fucking telling you for year Jesus Christ, stop fucking complaining that the server is dying and actually put in some effort to at least ATTEMPT to give majority of the loyal players who were basically the foundation of this servers player base. The new ones can learn and adapt, majority of your players who come back are people who have been around since the old days. Fucking attempt a vanilla server and just watch the player base rise stop being so stubborn and trying to come up with new fucking flammable suits and shit just attempt something new not a suit being revamped. Fuck

Okay first of all, congrats for finally learning to indent your posts. Secondly, a jugg and a t-gun vs a jugg and a t-gun is an equal fight, no idea where u getting these excuses from just cause u get rekt for multiple consecutive days :?

Oh and vote for Legacy server and I'll bring your vision to life, young padawan. Us Veterans we knows what Zarp needs.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1114475

Tettra wrote:

My suggestions:

New Jobs:

- Real Estate Salesman

- Pharmacist/Bartender

- Banker

- Chef

- Drug Dealer

- Vigilante

Spending Cash In-Game:

These ideas sounds good on paper but does not fit the Semi Serious Role play game mode. Vote for Legacy instead!
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

What made you stay? 4 years 11 months ago #1116493

DEADMONSTOR wrote:

I would definitly come back if this were to happen. A large portion lf the reason why I left was because of the 'suits' and new items being added. It all felt really unnecessary and far from what Zarp used to be, back 3+ years ago. Another problem I had when I left was the economy. Obviously with the server being how it is, and never being reset after all these years the only thing that can happen is money being gained. Atleast that's my intake on it, but it felt so bad from what it used to be. I really love the uniqueness of Zarp and have wanted to come back permanently for a while now, but with the state of s1 now I just can't. Hopefully this happens.
  • Tyler K
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I like women
  • Thanks received: 35
Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

261 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun