TOPIC: [SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178673

Name - What is your in-game name?
Markus
STEAM-ID - What is your STEAM-ID?
STEAM_0:1:156045385
Staff Members Name - Who warned you?
Mr Richard
Punishment Reason - What was the reason of the punishment(s)?
STEAM_0:1:156045385 punished by Mr. Richard (STEAM_0:0:79280795). Updated Ban on 18/11/2019 - 08:31:25 for 1 minute(s) with reason Hacking
Server - Which server did this occur on?
SSRP servers.
Story/Situation - What happened?
Me and a few friends were messing around on the server with spectrum. We were using an in-game command to draw material textures onto our screen. Bare in mind that this has no actual effect in game, provides no advantage to any users and was only being used to have fun with spectrum.
When spectrum saw the aforementioned material, he politely invited us to stop messing around with it anymore to prevent any further confusion. At this point I did. I stopped using the command anymore as the joke was getting stale anyway, and there was no more mention of this.
Extra Information - Anything you would find relevant to your punishments(s)?
I assume after I logged off for that night, Mr Richard decided to take the screen grabs into his own opinion and punish me for it without referring to me or even questioning me at all.
I'll also add that there was no client modification from any third party application. It was a simple command that draws a material on screen.
As written in the rules:
1.5 Client Side Modification & Hacking - Any form of hacking, scripting, cheating or malicious client modification is not allowed on our servers.

Users may modify files to make their game look more unique but abusing this opportunity to create unfair advantages is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: modifying the juggernaut suit model to be a bright color so it is easier to see through particle effects or removing the smoke/fire particle effects from the thundergun explosion.

There was NO unfair advantage that I received from a prank, this can easily be simplified down to customization, which is allowed.
Using an open command that is built into the game is not classed as modifying my client in any way.
I'll remind you, Once I was instructed to stop by spectrum, I did. The fun was over and I was bored of it.
Thank you for listening.
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178674

Honestly, they are well within their right to do this, as said here you had a cheat menu on your screen. In a lot of servers, you would have been straight up banned as soon as they saw that.
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
The following user(s) said Thank You: OxyFoxy, Mr. Richard

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178675

Will be discussed in next LT meeting.
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178677

ez demote from community council
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178678

According to a Community Team member, you were already told off (even though you should have been Kicked) for this prior to the sit you had with Spectrum last evening. I followed the policies accordingly and was well within the right to punish. You should be thankful to whoever forgave you the first time since you should be permanently banned right now.

Hacking Policy wrote:
For evidence to be considered as clear it must clearly show visual proof of the user hacking in one of the forms outlined in 2.b. The only forms of evidence considered as clear evidence are screenshots from the anti-cheat system. The only forms of clear evidence are screenshots of ESP, cheat menus, screen blockers or other on-screen HUD cheat elements.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178679

.uzi wrote:
ez demote from community council
Eat these booty cheeks :angry: :angry:
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178680

Mr. Richard wrote:
According to a Community Team member, you were already told off (even though you should have been Kicked) for this prior to the sit you had with Spectrum last evening. I followed the policies accordingly and was well within the right to punish. You should be thankful to whoever forgave you the first time since you should be permanently banned right now.

Hacking Policy wrote:
For evidence to be considered as clear it must clearly show visual proof of the user hacking in one of the forms outlined in 2.b. The only forms of evidence considered as clear evidence are screenshots from the anti-cheat system. The only forms of clear evidence are screenshots of ESP, cheat menus, screen blockers or other on-screen HUD cheat elements.
I have no recollection of being told at all for this before spectrum. Not only this, if you had known the full story and had actually spoken to me properly you would come to realise that this isnt any form of client side modification and provided 0 assistance. Much like many people have agreed. I should have been warned and then punished. Which happened, spectrum warned me about what would happen if I continued, and I stopped.
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[SSRP] False warn appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178681

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:

Hacking Policy wrote:
I have no recollection of being told at all for this before spectrum. Not only this, if you had known the full story and had actually spoken to me properly you would come to realise that this isnt any form of client side modification and provided 0 assistance. Much like many people have agreed. I should have been warned and then punished. Which happened, spectrum warned me about what would happen if I continued, and I stopped.

My apologies but I already took and will be taking the Community Managers word as that's how the system works unless you can prove us wrong? It's also not mandatory that I "speak to you" since, firstly, you've been spoken to twice, and we have sufficient evidence to issue the punishment you should have already received. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what "people agree to" since what you've stated they said would be violating the Hacking Policy. If you don't trust me or the policies, DEADMONSTOR (The Community Owner) has already told you that we were well in the right to punish you (as seen in the first reply on your Appeal). All policies have been followed properly, the punishment is valid and justified, and you should be happy that you aren't permanently banned right now.

As Spectrum pointed out, this will be discussed in the next LTM on Saturday evening.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Mr. Richard.

[SSRP] False warn appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178682

Mr. Richard wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:

Hacking Policy wrote:

My apologies but I already took and will be taking the Community Managers word as that's how the system works unless you can prove us wrong? It's also not mandatory that I "speak to you" since, firstly, you've been spoken to twice, and we have sufficient evidence to issue the punishment you should have already received. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what "people agree to" since what you've stated they said would be violating the Hacking Policy. If you don't trust me or the policies, DEADMONSTOR (Community Owner) already told you that we were well in the right to punish you. All policies have been followed properly, the punishment is valid and justified, and you should be happy that you aren't permanently banned right now.

As Spectrum pointed out, this will be discussed in the next LTM on Saturday evening.
Yet we've established he wasn't cheating, so the only genuine reason to hold a cheating punishment against him is spite?

It's not the smartest thing to do on Markus' behalf, but you don't ever keep a cheating punishment on someone who wasn't cheating. Sure, change the punishment reason and leave it at that, but a cheating punishment can be seriously detrimental later on down the line.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by SorIe.

[SSRP] False warn appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178683

sorIe wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:

Hacking Policy wrote:

My apologies but I already took and will be taking the Community Managers word as that's how the system works unless you can prove us wrong? It's also not mandatory that I "speak to you" since, firstly, you've been spoken to twice, and we have sufficient evidence to issue the punishment you should have already received. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what "people agree to" since what you've stated they said would be violating the Hacking Policy. If you don't trust me or the policies, DEADMONSTOR (Community Owner) already told you that we were well in the right to punish you. All policies have been followed properly, the punishment is valid and justified, and you should be happy that you aren't permanently banned right now.

Yet we've established he wasn't cheating, so the only genuine reason to hold a cheating punishment against him is spite?

It's not the smartest thing to do on Markus' behalf, but you don't ever keep a cheating punishment on someone who wasn't cheating. Sure, change the punishment reason and leave it at that, but a cheating punishment can be seriously detrimental later on down the line.
I've already said this too people as well, some fairly high ups agree that this could have just been handled differently to a straight up hacking punishment, and then improve upon the previously written rules to prevent any future misshape
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[SSRP] False warn appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178684

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
sorIe wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:

Hacking Policy wrote:

I've already said this too people as well, some fairly high ups agree that this could have just been handled differently to a straight up hacking punishment, and then improve upon the previously written rules to prevent any future misshape
Blows my mind that people are arguing to keep this punishment in its current state and are trying to imply that you were at serious risk of a permanent ban. gotta love some empty threats. everything about this scenario counters all logic and it fkn hurts man
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178685

Not the first time this man cheaterid on zarpgaming.com
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178686

A Good Pianist wrote:
:angry: :angry:
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178687

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
:angry: :angry:

Stooppidd cheaterer
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178700

silly cheetoh
  • JoshuaIsGreat
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 3^ the Serb
  • Thanks received: 1542
a

3^ the Serb
JayHouse on top forever, fuck around and find out :)
Zarp SSRP Lawyer

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178702

Huperchild wrote:
ILL BE TAKING THE COMMUNITY COUNCIL RANK THANKS
only for cheaters
  • JoshuaIsGreat
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 3^ the Serb
  • Thanks received: 1542
a

3^ the Serb
JayHouse on top forever, fuck around and find out :)
Zarp SSRP Lawyer

The following user(s) said Thank You: Arcadepro

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178704

Certified 12 foot wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
ILL BE TAKING THE COMMUNITY COUNCIL RANK THANKS
only for cheaters
then i am worthy of that rank !
  • Suken
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • The CoinFlipper
  • Thanks received: 104
current rank:
EX: Semi-serious Roleplay Administrator

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178715

Deserved for being a dumbass trying to make LT members think you're cheating whether you are or not, policy wasn't broken either way from what it states. Maybe do something with your time than waste ours.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The following user(s) said Thank You: OxyFoxy, Mr. Richard

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178716

Clarky wrote:
Deserved for being a dumbass trying to make LT members think you're cheating whether you are or not, policy wasn't broken either way from what it states. Maybe do something with your time than waste ours.
So I should now have a permanent strike against my name for something that didn't occur?
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[SSRP] Markus' Punishment Appeal 4 years 5 months ago #1178717

my second favorite eboy didn’t deserve this. :plussp:
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1095
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds