Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63348

Firstly may I apologies to Users and staff alike whose enjoyment of the game has been hindered by my own actions throughout my time as administrator of the Trouble in Terrorist town server.

Of course because of the things that have happened I have been demoted and they had good reason with the evidence that has been presented to them. But in most cases of evidence shown it was because me and my friend DaffyDuck were just messing around and I have been told that it does harm the enjoyment for people who do get killed or their karma reduced and after being reinstated as admin I have stopped doing the things that have upset some players.

I would like to point out that I have not abused my power for the sake of just slaying random people. When I have used my powers it was for what I strongly feel for the right reasons. But recently I have slayed a moderator who I will not name and I have gotten into a lot of trouble for that because the fact that I am not allowed to slay other staff members on the server which I did not know was a rule of the server and also which I did not know you are not allowed to slay any staff members of any kind.

For now, I want to address the evidence given against me and give my reasons for them and I will apologize accordingly.

The first piece of evidence is a series of pictures so I will split this up into sections for easier reading and also provide a link to the evidence given.
If you wanted to look at the demotion post then here it is: zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/4-report-...motion-request#63312
1: http://imgur.com/a/Vi2ha

The RDM:
Most of this RDM was made by me killing a good friend of mine Daffy duck. I have apologized to Daffyduck verbally over skype but I will also apologize to other players whose game was ruined by out antics.

The Random Noclipping

This was as stated on the image to get myself and the elevator unstuck, but the fact that I kept staying noclipped on purpose I will have to dispute that.
The reason why I stayed noclip was because the elevator was still moving, it is hard to noclip onto a moving object and land in such a way that the elevator would not have been stuck again.

Tried to glitch the elevator multiple times

The first two images was when I was caught in between the elevator doors accidently, From there I was stuck and as the elevator went up I got more stuck, The last two images were from the top floor where you cannot glitch the elevator, you just pass through the roof. I thought it was a kind of cool thing to show everyone.

Now to the videos

Video 1:

I do not have any excuses for this video. I blatantly RDMed another person for no reason but this was at a time that I had gotten back from work so in my defense I cannot remember everything that happened that day. All I can say is that I apologise to all those affected and those which I ruined the round for.

Video 2:

This was me and daffy messing around. This was one of those times where I did get out of hand when a large group of people had joined the server. This has not affected daffy in such a way but I know it has annoyed many others so I do apologise for my actions here aswell.

Video 3:

This was another example of me and daffy messing with each other, of course someone else got in the crossfire and I thought that they were daffy and unforunately did not stop firing. I apologise to daffy and the person I was firing upon since then I was going too far and basically shooting anything that moves.

Video 4:

This one I am more clear on than others. In this if you see nearer the end is was Daffy who had started shooting and made me panic, prompting me to shoot at the only person I could see who had a gun in their hands. That was my fault as much as it was daffys and it was through the unfortunate flight or fight response.

Now here is the issue of the slay I gave to a member of staff ealier today.
https://imgur.com/a/1w838#Ib5TMPH

First of all before the server was remade I was super admin before so I was used to being able to punish moderators for breaking the rules themselves. I had no idea that was not the case for admin. I though at the time that I was able to punish those a rank below for breaking the rules

I would also like to state that this was not a random slay. That is not what I do. This slay was because a member of staff had rdmed a regular user. I would not like to go through full details now since I have been repeating myself all day and feel like its a bit redundant to say it here.

Lastly. The fact that I whipped DaffyDuck 10 times for 0 damage:

This was not without reason. The reason I did this was because daffyduck had began to fire upon someone by accident and killed him. So I thought a slay was not necessary and instead decided to whip him. I know this is annoying for users since this just slings you about all over the place so I thought it would be a fitting punishment for him.

I hope you took the time to read all this and I hope I can answer any questions you have.
  • politeboy11001
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63351

So not even 13 hours ago the demotion was accepted and you've magically changed?

I don't believe you feel sorry for any of the occasions, I just believe you want your Admin Back.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The following user(s) said Thank You: i7moody009, BigNoobUsername, DarthVader

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63354

No I have not magically changed. At the time I thought it was all harmless fun until people actually started to target me for it. Since the first demotion and I got it back I did not have one offence.;
  • politeboy11001
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63362

politeboy11001 wrote:
No I have not magically changed. At the time I thought it was all harmless fun until people actually started to target me for it. Since the first demotion and I got it back I did not have one offence.;

Harmless fun shouldn't be having fun breaking the rules you signed up to enforce for.

Harmless fun should be between friends, and having fun with the ACTUAL Game.

And at the end of the day, it wasn't harmless fun. You hurt the community, and yourself.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Morgan.

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63363

You were only reported because you had upset people with your actions, and I also wouldn't class abusing and breaking the rules as having harmless fun because it clearly wasn't harmless other ways you would not have been demoted. So are you saying that you abused or broke rules for fun and then YOU were targeted, what way were you targeted in?
  • JLByrne
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I was once a potato.
  • Thanks received: 23

Feel free to leave a thank you if I helped you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morgan

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63366

Just because you are sorry for your actions does not mean it was an acceptable thing to do. What you done was highly unprofessional, you misrepresented the ZARP community as a whole and just made everyone look bad.

If you were truly sorry you would man up to your actions accept the punishment and start clean, reapplying for moderator at a later date.
  • Clocket
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The one and only.
  • Thanks received: 70

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63368

It was fun that was supposed to be harmless. Although we did it in smaller groups and people seemed to be having a laugh no one really spoke out and said "hey stop this, we dont like it". It was only by the first demotion that people have really started to say that they did not like the fact the way that me and daffy were messing around and it promptly stopped.
  • politeboy11001
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63371

"having fun" or not is completely irrelevant. It is against the rules, the rules you clearly disregarded. As an admistrator you are suppose to set an example for the rest of the community.
  • Clocket
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The one and only.

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63375

This post was made in an apology for that behavior which had gone undisputed for a long period of time. It would have been worse if I had gone on without trying to make amends for doing theses things that would have decreased the enjoyment of other players
  • politeboy11001
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63378

A simple apology does not cut it though. As a staff member you should know not to do these things. Not just do them until you are caught then try to get out of it with a meaningless apology.
  • Clocket
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The one and only.

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63379

I have nothing to do with this, but it seems that you are apologizing to only get your rank back, since you didn't even give your self a chance to show us that you have changed (by "us" I mean the people you have wronged).
Just an opinion, won't even argue or check this thread again.
  • JohnnySmith
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lower my karma if you think I'm awesome!
  • Thanks received: 236

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63381

Morgan wrote:
So not even 13 hours ago the demotion was accepted and you've magically changed?

I don't believe you feel sorry for any of the occasions, I just believe you want your Admin Back.

Exactly. You just got demoted, you were RDMing on purpose, you made many people annoyed (Including users and Staff members). You got demoted just yesterday, then you messed up after Chris promoted you today for some reason.
Can you still be trusted? No.
Should you get any of your powers back? Of course not.

Any other user would have been banned for what you did, even if daffy is your friend you can't just RDM him for whatever reason, including the others you have RDMed too.

Anyways, you just want your powers to punish anyone who breaks rules while you're playing, as you ignore many RDM reports and other things sent to you using admin chat most of the time.

-SUPPORT
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor
The following user(s) said Thank You: F0CuSX

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63382

After I was demoted and was given the reasons for my demotions I did not RDM daffy or anyone after that. The reason I got demoted again was because someone dug up a piece of evidence from a while ago. The 10 whips stated above. That is what got me demoted. Not any action made by me after the first demotion.
  • politeboy11001
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63388

politeboy11001 wrote:
After I was demoted and was given the reasons for my demotions I did not RDM daffy or anyone after that. The reason I got demoted again was because someone dug up a piece of evidence from a while ago. The 10 whips stated above. That is what got me demoted. Not any action made by me after the first demotion.

You slayed a mod (which you can't and should know), even when he DIDN'T RDM, so you can't say that you didn't know you can't slay him. It wasn't RDM.

On the other hand, you have been reported multiple times by other staff members and users so that's also a plus in your demotion.

I think that if you re-apply after a (long) while and show us all that you have changed, you might be accepted for Moderator. Definitely not Admin after this...
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63394

I would like to make a point that this has nothing to do with dark RP and my actions on there but you still appear to bring it up.

Also when I slayed a mod it was in fact because of RDM. I have never slayed a person for any other reason that RDM or general misconduct of the rules. Before the server was redone I was able to punish mods because the rules were that you cannot slay a member of your own rank. I did not know that I could not slay any other staff.
  • politeboy11001
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #63544

If you consider a number of factors yes. A persons attitude CAN change from different game modes and different servers.
For example when I am in dark RP I try to take myself to a nice secluded place where no one goes and do what I want to do. When I have been raided then that is fine, I am being raided. But when I kill someone and they inadvertently break NLR and when I make a report to the moderators/admins it takes from 30 mins to and hour to get back to me.

Now by the time someone has gotten to me all logs that were to be used as evidence against ther person has already disappeared. That is when I get annoyed with you people and when that does happen my respect for staff becomes less and less because I feel like any problems that I am putting out there are being unheard.
  • politeboy11001
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[TTT] xxCPT BUTTxx's Demotion Appeal 9 years 8 months ago #64286

Hello Captain.

After reviewing your appeal and taking a vote; we unfortunately have decided to deny the appeal.

I would like to make it clear that we did look over the entire application and took both sides of the story into mind when making this decision. You are of course free to re-apply for a staff position on the server when and if you feel you are ready. We would also love to see you continue to actively play the server even without the staff position.

If you have any further questions about the situation you can speak with myself, Dcx, or any other of our community managers and we'll be sure to answer any questions you may have for us.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

129 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun