Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Official Warning Appeal

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325177

Factually speaking, it looks like there were plenty of F1s to get more than 6?

• TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jam

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325188

TheXnator wrote:

But is it really possible when people have their finger glued to the f1 key
  • Jawson
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP
  • Thanks received: 1927
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa, TrueOverL, jam

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325189

TheXnator wrote:

like i said i tried to get F1's but they are instantly taken by staff that have more than the weekly amount needed and treat staffing as a competition instead of something you volunteer to do
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325190

jam wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

like i said i tried to get F1's but they are instantly taken by staff that have more than the weekly amount needed and treat staffing as a competition instead of something you volunteer to do

In a situation like that, it's best to either contact a LT member and let them know that this is the case and/or ask in Admin Chat for online staff to let you grab some of the F1s. I've noticed some people doing this and it does help, as people are usually considerate when asked!
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325192

TheXnator wrote:
jam wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

In a situation like that, it's best to either contact a LT member and let them know that this is the case and/or ask in Admin Chat for online staff to let you grab some of the F1s. I've noticed some people doing this and it does help, as people are usually considerate when asked!
i have tried to ask staff to let me get some F1's and most of the time it doesnt work, as for contacting LT i was still under the impression we didnt need to get our weekly F1 count and i would just be bothering them, if you mean tell the LT some staff are instantly grabbing reports they have been online when i and many others have complained about it
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
ex CM

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325200

This really feels like, once again, an improper way to deal with things. If he truly has not been approached at all (as he stated in the appeal) the Lead Team should under no circumstance give him an official warning for it. You're dealing with volunteers, not employees that you can boss around because they're getting paid. They are putting time into the server trying to help out the players by doing F1's, to begin with.

The Team should instead approach him, ask him if something is up. Part of being a member of "management" so to put it is figuring out if something is bothering them. Once again I'm seeing a situation unfold where approaching someone would've shed perfect light on the situation and prevented this mess, to begin with.

I completely understand wanting to warn someone for a severe issue such as abuse, but starting to pull out the warnings immediately first thing for a little thing such as "not having too many F1's" is absolutely ridiculous. Once again, ZARP is an online community with volunteers that want to help out, not a military base where soldiers have to be straightened up at the first mishap.

I've also heard it countless times: that F1s seem to be scarce and difficult to get a good number of them, including from people who are currently active staff on the server. It's great that you can show a list with all F1s but that only accounts for 1 server of the two he could be on at any given time. Perhaps it's the USA server that got all the F1s listed and the EU server barely got any, and he happened to be on the wrong one. Showing a table with all the F1s on it is fun and all, but it can also be very misleading without server-specific charts on the time he was on.

Warning someone for something like this is already very hash in my opinion, and I feel that in a time where the player count is dwindling and staff is (compared to the past) severely lessened in number, you should attempt to try and keep the staff you do have around, not punish them at the first sign of a misstep. With a low player count F1s aren't going to be very high and you should adjust your expectation accordingly, if he was repeatedly getting 0 F1's only then I'd start to think "Hmm why?.." but even then I'd have the decency to approach first and ask questions.

I honestly tried my best to get a "both-sides" perspective on this situation using my past experiences as a guideline but honestly, I fail to see any level of sense in this. I hope this mistake is going to be resolved swiftly and really, really, hope that people are starting to see more sense in the power of talking to someone rather than just punishing blindly.

:plussp:
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Thanks received: 757

[SSRP] Ex-Head Administrator
[TeamSpeak] Ex-Head Administrator
[Prop Hunt] Ex-Super Administrator
[Forum] Ex-Global Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa, Sam the Sausage, Kylie, Extra, jam and 2 more...

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325202

Is not the cringest person I've ever met but may be worth giving a second chance.
  • Darling
  • Legendary Member
  • The Witch House
  • Thanks received: 751
Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Darling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodka4Gaben, jam

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325269

TheXnator wrote:

I see a problem with this there is 2 staff members hogging f1s, while other staff are barely nearing 20 f1s
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 638

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa, TrueOverL, jam

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325282

No effort was made to contact him beforehand, a verbal would've sufficed or you could've just talked to him about this. In my opinion.
  • Hellsdevil
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • surprisingly still kicking
  • Thanks received: 1102

Former Deathrun Owner & more
FP DarkRP Head Admin
Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Hellsdevil.

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325286

Just to clear up some confusion on this thread, I've been informed by a member of the Lead Team that they contacted jam multiple times about his F1 count prior to his official warning - we would not give someone an official warning without contacting them first, we always check before voting on an official warning if the staff member has been contacted.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by TheXnator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baxter Black, Killa Kappa, Mr. Richard, Boxy, Pie_ and 4 more...

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325294

orbadoc wrote:
I agree on the staff not working as a team. No names but SOMEONE thinks "dont let anyone else get f1s = super admin"

(As for the "contact lt if this happens", he was told off multiple times to the point I complained to ceo and he didn't even bother doing anything)

Its jmt, sam or kronen

jam wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
jam wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

i have tried to ask staff to let me get some F1's and most of the time it doesnt work, as for contacting LT i was still under the impression we didnt need to get our weekly F1 count and i would just be bothering them, if you mean tell the LT some staff are instantly grabbing reports they have been online when i and many others have complained about it

Honestly Jam mate you said it yourself, your doing it voluntary and if what your saying is true with people hogging f1's which we can see from the screenshot AND you have asked for some (I'm in the right mind to believe you because I had the same issues myself while staff, JMT and Josh would sit there autoclicker on f1 just to boost the count to flex "oh look I got 140 f1s this week) While its great people are doing f1's the downside is it makes other staff members look bad like in this case here. A huge issue I see with the currently staff members is they are individual staff members when a while back zarp had a STAFF TEAM. I really wanna put emphasis on the word TEAM, staffing now is just for personal gain which removes any value to being a staff member and makes all staff look the same.
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4043
Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Indiana Jones. Reason: Forgot Mr Wingechester
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa, jam

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325307

TheXnator wrote:
Just to clear up some confusion on this thread, I've been informed by a member of the Lead Team that they contacted jam multiple times about his F1 count prior to his official warning - we would not give someone an official warning without contacting them first, we always check before voting on an official warning if the staff member has been contacted.
not to sound rude but where and when was I contacted?
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
ex CM

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325313

Free him up, he needs his education to make more money and spend it on boosters. :plussp:
  • Jewce Man
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • love you all ❤
  • Thanks received: 311

Ex-TTT Moderator x2
Ex TTT Admin x1
Ex moron

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325341

Being a staff member on ZARP is taken as if it's an actual job at times, it's incredibly dumb when you are only just volunteering your spare time by administrating the server. This F1 count requirement just needs to go, it's been looking at quantity over quality way too much now considering it's massive reduction in player count compared when it was first implemented plus people nab F1's just so they can look good for when they apply for a higher position and to also bring a good impression which is not entirely wrong but it's not very considerate for other staff members who need this stupid count too. Just accept this appeal and look into making this system better because at the moment it really isn't working as it was initially intended back in 2017.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9544
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kemi, luke_, SWORD, Indiana Jones, Sam the Sausage and 8 more...

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325343

Clarky wrote:
Being a staff member on ZARP is taken as if it's an actual job at times, it's incredibly dumb when you are only just volunteering your spare time by administrating the server. This F1 count requirement just needs to go, it's been looking at quantity over quality way too much now considering it's massive reduction in player count compared when it was first implemented plus people nab F1's just so they can look good for when they apply for a higher position and to also bring a good impression which is not entirely wrong but it's not very considerate for other staff members who need this stupid count too. Just accept this appeal and look into making this system better because at the moment it really isn't working as it was initially intended back in 2017.

whole heartedly agree, it should be assed on a case by case basis taking into account the time zone the staff member is active, how many unhandled f1s there are ect ect. staff should not have to go excuse me *insert staff members name* I know you're handling the f1's right now and there are none backing up but can you stop because I need my f1 count or I will get demoted.

maybe it's because I'm well and truly out of the loop with anything to do with ssrp or the way the current staff team deals with things but it just seems really counter intuitive. I don't see a issue when certain staff members clearly want to do a lot more f1's than other staff members, where I see the problem is when there are unhandled f1's and staff are not doing them, then clearly there is a issue

not going to comment about jam directly because I don't know what happened, anyway good luck jam big man
  • luke_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • -0121-
  • Thanks received: 1139
"R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kemi, Indiana Jones, Sam the Sausage, dusheke dabliqius, Killa Kappa and 3 more...

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 3 weeks ago #1325490

jam wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
still haven't seen any follow up on this
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
ex CM

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 2 weeks ago #1325596

jam wrote:
jam wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

• TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by TheXnator.

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 2 weeks ago #1325597

TheXnator wrote:
jam wrote:
jam wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

I recognise the profile pictures :(
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by TheXnator. Reason: no you don't :)

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 2 weeks ago #1325598

TheXnator wrote:
jam wrote:
jam wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

Like I respect you are trying to hide whoever it is but it has already been mentioned multiple times in the thread that it was CEO that contacted him
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4043

[SSRP] Official Warning Appeal 3 years 2 weeks ago #1325600

TheXnator wrote:
jam wrote:
jam wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the variation of censoring in this photo, Not only has he used a combination of block and blur censoring but they aren't even consistent. One profile picture is blur censored whilst the rest are block censored. Not only that but he also blurred his name and profile picture on one message and not the other, I'm not a philosopher but it really makes you think.
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

199 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32