Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT] Yikes! Punishment Appeal

[TTT] Yikes! Punishment Appeal 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101629

I would lean more on the side of this being RDM, as the rule regarding gunfights does say that to join a fight you need to have an idea as to which one the traitor is, if people are kosing the other I don't think you have enough information to kill. It maybe a good idea to add to the rule something like 'if both involved players call a KOS on the other you must wait until more evidence is provided before killing either player'.

As for my thoughts on the punishment just a verbal would probably be enough since some would say this is a grey area buts that's just my opinion.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, .uzi

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101630

I'm sorry what? What a huge assumption to make.
Small one, if you objectively looked back at how you reacted to the situation:
-Reported me after you got KOSed
-Kept the report despite you being KOSed
-Grabbed the report yourself whilst 3 other staff members were present
-Denied my other appeal alongside Richard
-Continue to this case.

It's not a huge assumption, but an informed one considering above points.
How was I in assistance in deciding the fate of the appeal? Dr Richard contacted me on Steam to get on TS, to which I unmuted, told me side and then returned to talking to my girlfriend, I think you're the one that's a bit salted here man

Read my appeal for crying out loud.
After discussing the events that took place with CeeZee on TeamSpeak, we have come to the conclusion to deny this Appeal.

And yes I'm salty that you can't be objective and take any bit of responsibility for this, especially for being with the amount of responsibility and power that you have. The fact that you said warning me isn't important if I'm not going for staff. I'm salty someone like you has the amount of power you currently have and use it to do shit like this.

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101633

Yikes Svanz Comet wrote:
How was I in assistance in deciding the fate of the appeal? Dr Richard contacted me on Steam to get on TS, to which I unmuted, told me side and then returned to talking to my girlfriend, I think you're the one that's a bit salted here man

After discussing the events that took place with CeeZee on TeamSpeak, we have come to the conclusion to deny this Appeal.

And yes I'm salty that you can't be objective and take any bit of responsibility for this, especially for being with the amount of responsibility and power that you have. The fact that you said warning me isn't important if I'm not going for staff. I'm salty someone like you has the amount of power you currently have and use it to do shit like this.

I'm simply used to saying "We" because most people, like you, don't provide evidence to prove the staff member wrong, and then i have to take their side of the story. Take into consideration that I'm not from a English-speaking country and that i do tend to make mistakes, such as this one.

Also, just because 1 word was mis-placed or similar doesn't mean that it changes everything.
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
Last Edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Mr. Richard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CeeZee

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101634

Yikes Svanz Comet wrote:
Denied my other appeal alongside Richard

I cannot handle an appeal made by a punishment I dished out on the forums, I got the same treatment you did, asks for my side of the story, he makes the verdict.

Yikes Svanz Comet wrote:
"After discussing the events that took place with CeeZee on TeamSpeak, we have come to the conclusion to deny this Appeal."

Then it's Richards miscommunication you're reading wrong, I did not decide the appeal, he did, he contacted me and asked what happened, then wrote the verdict himself while I spoke to my GF muted again
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101636

CeeZee wrote:
Yikes Svanz Comet wrote:
Denied my other appeal alongside Richard

I cannot handle an appeal made by a punishment I dished out on the forums, I got the same treatment you did, asks for my side of the story, he makes the verdict.

Yikes Svanz Comet wrote:
"After discussing the events that took place with CeeZee on TeamSpeak, we have come to the conclusion to deny this Appeal."

Then it's Richards miscommunication you're reading wrong, I did not decide the appeal, he did, he contacted me and asked what happened, then wrote the verdict himself while I spoke to my GF muted again

I go off of what I read. He said "We", how else am I supposed to interpret it?

[TTT] Yikes! Punishment Appeal 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101637

Gentle reminder to keep your posts on topic and inline with the TOU. I don’t want to have to lock this but I will if I have to.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441
The following user(s) said Thank You: CeeZee, Kurze

[TTT] Yikes! Punishment Appeal 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101638

Interresting, I can't wait to see the outcome
  • ImTooFastForYou
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Be #Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 627

Ex Deathrun Head Administrator
Ex Prop Hunt Super Administrator
Ex Forum Report Abuse Section Moderator
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Discord Admin
Ex TTT Administrator
My Steam !

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101687

not sure how the fuck this is rdm if they were KOSed. doesn’t matter who killed who, Svanz could have killed either of you, seems like a petty warn to me
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101705

Kyber wrote:
not sure how the fuck this is rdm if they were KOSed. doesn’t matter who killed who, Svanz could have killed either of you, seems like a petty warn to me
Last time I checked there was nothing in the rules that said if someone calls a KOS it is an absolute and you have a right to kill that person. There are still situations where you cannot kill a person despite them being KOSed, for example if they are KOSed and you test them so prove them as innocent but then kill them anyway cus they were KOSed. And in this case as a rule states that you cannot join a fight unless you have some proof as to which is the traitor and I'm not sure how you can see 2 people screaming to KOS the other as proof.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101709

Miia wrote:
Kyber wrote:
Last time I checked there was nothing in the rules that said if someone calls a KOS it is an absolute and you have a right to kill that person. There are still situations where you cannot kill a person despite them being KOSed, for example if they are KOSed and you test them so prove them as innocent but then kill them anyway cus they were KOSed. And in this case as a rule states that you cannot join a fight unless you have some proof as to which is the traitor and I'm not sure how you can see 2 people screaming to KOS the other as proof.
A KOS is a KOS, you can kill someone regardless but killing someone who is proven innocent because they’re kosed is petty but valid. You can however call a KOS on the person who kosed then
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101720

Kyber wrote:
Miia wrote:
Kyber wrote:
A KOS is a KOS, you can kill someone regardless but killing someone who is proven innocent because they’re kosed is petty but valid. You can however call a KOS on the person who kosed then

Look at it this way. There is a rule that is designed to stop you from joining a gunfight unless you know which one of them is the traitor. If both people are KOSing the other, you still have no idea which one is the traitor. Now to me that sounds a bit like using the fact that they said to KOS the other as a way of loopholing the intent of the rule, to stop you from joining and killing them.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101722

Unless I'm missing something, you need evidence to back up any appeal. If both parties have different stories then the one who made the appeal needs to provide proof that they didn't rule break, or the admins story will be taken as fact no matter what.

This is a tough situation to crack.
As Kyber said, Because KOS was called on both people (CeeZee and someone else) another person is allowed to kill either of the KOS persons.
HOWEVER, as Miia states,
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
It can also be classed as joining gunfights as Yikes had no way of knowing who is the traitor, and it was technically still in the middle of the gunfight.

I hope whoever is handling this takes their time with it, cos this is a tough one.
  • conor.martin838
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Staff
  • Thanks received: 46
fastdl.friendlyplayers.com/siggen/darkrpbase/76561198435750578.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101729

CeeZee wrote:
Hi, thought I'd clarify some things, especially to .Uzi

The traitor in game shotguns me, i rapidly punch my bind "X PERSON IS A TRAITOR!" 3-4 times while shooting back at him, as he runs away(while I'm still shooting at him) he VoIP's "KOS CeeZee" (at this point I'm 1 bullet away from killing him, he was red health, still in my line of sight)

then Yikes kills me before I can finish the guy that randomly shotgunned me

Pretty self explanatory joining a gunfight
if you were kosed, no matter what situation you were in, surely you can be killed? It's the whole reason why a traitor would call a KOS mid fight, in an effort to escape the fight and get you killed in some other way (as he was clearly losing the fight to you). I get that this would be very annoying, as you were one bullet away from killing the traitor, but in my opinion Svanz was not breaking the rules by following this KOS.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by eddie..

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101731

Eddie. wrote:
CeeZee wrote:

The traitor in game shotguns me, i rapidly punch my bind "X PERSON IS A TRAITOR!" 3-4 times while shooting back at him, as he runs away(while I'm still shooting at him) he VoIP's "KOS CeeZee" (at this point I'm 1 bullet away from killing him, he was red health, still in my line of sight)

if you were kosed, no matter what situation you were in, surely you can be killed? It's the whole reason why a traitor would call a KOS mid fight, in an effort to escape the fight and get you killed in some other way (as he was clearly losing the fight to you). I get that this would be very annoying, as you were one bullet away from killing the traitor, but in my opinion Svanz was not breaking the rules by following this KOS.

I don't know why the argument that a KOS is always OK to follow is being used, there is nothing in the rules saying you can kill a KOSed player regardless of the situation. For example under your logic if a detective gets KOSed as an inno I can kill him. If you accept that an inno cannot kill a KOSed detective then you cannot argue that as a player is KOSes they can be killed no matter what.

The gunfights rule is an actual rule that states this would be RDM.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
Last Edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Miia.

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101733

Miia wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
CeeZee wrote:

I don't know why the argument that a KOS is always OK to follow is being used, there is nothing in the rules saying you can kill a KOSed player regardless of the situation. For example under your logic if a detective gets KOSed as an inno I can kill him. If you accept that an inno cannot kill a KOSed detective then you cannot argue that as a player is KOSes they can be killed no matter what.

kosing a detective would be a completely different story, every single person in the game can see who a detective is and that means it's impossible to even think they're a traitor, the same why you can actually join a gunfight if it's between a detective and another player.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101735

Eddie. wrote:
Miia wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
CeeZee wrote:

kosing a detective would be a completely different story, every single person in the game can see who a detective is and that means it's impossible to even think they're a traitor, the same why you can actually join a gunfight if it's between a detective and another player.

But your argument was that if you are KOSed then no matter the situation you can be killed. But you just said that there are situations where you cannot be killed. Surely this situation where there is a rule in place saying you can't kill a player is a situation where you cannot follow the KOS.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101784

Miia wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
Miia wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
CeeZee wrote:

But your argument was that if you are KOSed then no matter the situation you can be killed. But you just said that there are situations where you cannot be killed. Surely this situation where there is a rule in place saying you can't kill a player is a situation where you cannot follow the KOS.

A KOS is valid up unitl the person who was KOSed can be proven to not be a traitor, as killing him after that fact would be RDM.

I.E. :
-KOSed person kills a traitor
-KOSed person tests in the tester
-KOSed person KOSes a traitor who is then killed and identified

All those examples must be made before the KOSed person is killed, or the detective cancels the KOS on the person. Even then, an open KOS is going to be heard a lot more than a closed one. It's just the nature of the game.

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101790

Yikes Svanz Comet wrote:
Miia wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
Miia wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
CeeZee wrote:

A KOS is valid up unitl the person who was KOSed can be proven to not be a traitor, as killing him after that fact would be RDM.

I.E. :

All those examples must be made before the KOSed person is killed, or the detective cancels the KOS on the person. Even then, an open KOS is going to be heard a lot more than a closed one. It's just the nature of the game.

If the KOSed person kills a traitor they are not proven , at least not 100%. I have teamed up with t buddies to let them kill me to fake being proven. Same with KOSing a t buddy. Its a strategy that is used a lot more now we have defibs. The only way an innocent can be proven is if you watch them test.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin

[TTT] Yikes! warn appeal #2 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101795

Miia wrote:
Yikes Svanz Comet wrote:
Miia wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
Miia wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
CeeZee wrote:

I.E. :

If the KOSed person kills a traitor they are not proven , at least not 100%. I have teamed up with t buddies to let them kill me to fake being proven. Same with KOSing a t buddy. Its a strategy that is used a lot more now we have defibs. The only way an innocent can be proven is if you watch them test.

:)

That's exactly what I said in another incident revolving Me and Vodka4Gaben I think his name is. No one is ever 100% proven, unless double tested. But that I would still say gets rid of a KOS placed on you and classifies them as "proven" in most cases. It's just that traitor on traitor strat is very gnarly

[TTT] Yikes! Punishment Appeal 5 years 3 weeks ago #1101835

Hey Yikes,
Thank you for taking the time to make another appeal, I encourage you to do so every time you think something has been mistreated.

I´ve read through your huge and perfectly explained appeal.

You said that you followed upon a KOS call when you saw CeeZee and another user having a gunfight.

Now as rule 2.1 states
2.1 Random Death Match
Any player without valid reasoning cannot kill another player, appropriate reasoning to kill the player is needed. This is otherwise known as RDM (Random Death Match). One example would be killing on suspicion

You had a valid reason to kill CeeZee. But you did join a gunfight as you quoted:
I didn't have to wait 5 seconds that I did for KOS'es to be called in order to join a shooting, I could've done it then and there no hesitations. But I waited, so that I'd have a reason to shoot, which was KOS. An RDM is an abbreviation for Random Death-Match.

It wasn't random. I waited for an appropriate KOS to be called, which is why I shot CeeZee because he was KOSed (abbreviation for Kill-On-Sight). He was in my sight, with a kill on sight.

You admitted that you did join a gunfight without knowing who was the real traitor. You had no evidence to who was a traitor but the KOSses planted by BOTH players. Because of this, you didn't have enough proof to shoot anyone in this scenario.

See rule 2.5
2.5 Player Versus Player
If two individuals are fighting and you have no proof which could be the traitor, you must wait before joining in the fight until one player dies and they either; identify the body/the round ends/you question them.

Because you clearly know the rules very well and admitted to joining a gunfight without proof as stated above this will be
#Denied

You should have waited until one of the two died and you had evidence that an innocent was killed.

Now regarding the "Handling your own report when there are capable staff members online"

I have spoken to various high ranking staff members within the TTT staff team and we have come to the following conclusion about dealing with your own reports:

This is a hot topic and we will be posting this on our lead team agenda in the upcoming meeting.

Yikes,
thank you for taking your time and making this post once again. I encourage you to do so in the future.

If you have any questions or want to contact me be free to add me on steam I hope you have a great day and hopefully I'll see you on our server again soon.
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1040
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin
Last Edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by .uzi. Reason: Locked!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, CeeZee, Nina, Mr. Richard
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

162 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop