Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307320

Alright guys so the reason i am making this post is because clearly some stuff needs to be cleared up.

So let's start of saying that every single person is allowed to their opinion. And also we want as many peoples opinion as we can possibly get to make it as fair as possible. The vote won fairly and nobody was left unfairly treated. This is a good example of almost everything done in this community we do together because we are one massive team. Owners,Staff,users. We all 100% respect that fact that some people do not like the latest change to the TTT server. But starting to insult people and breaking the rules on the forums is not the right way to go about solving the issue that we clearly are having. Make another post and ask to change it back, or change it to something else. We are trying to have the best environment for every single person in this community. If we just left everything up to a certent amount of the people for example the owners. The community would look way different, we are here to help everyone and make everyone happy that sometimes is not always possible. But it certenly does not mean that we can't work on it!

Then i wanna say something about targeting people. I am pretty sure most of us are fully aware who i am talking about here. I am personally not interrested in mentioning any names. And i would really apperciate you guys not doing it either. Targeting other people does not help what so ever. I will garuentee you guys that every single staff member and user in this communtiy is trying to do what they think is best for everyone. And the reason that it got changed is because most people want it. Every one is allowed to give their opinion on what ever the subject might be. But you guys need to remember that you can put it in a way where it is respectful. Because people think its a bad idea there is simply no reason to go ahead and insult the person that came up with the suggestion.. Nobody is trying to make anyone angry or upset they are trying to make sure that everybody is having tons of fun. Also because people are upset with something going ahead and start making other people upset to make yourself feel better is simply not the way. Zarp is known for being as fair as possible, also i am pretty sure that most people agree with that. Zarp is extremely fair and we listen to every ones opinion and problems small or big. Lets all be friends and if you want the suggestion removed or taken off the server again.. Make a post to see if you can get it changed guys. because if people really want it removed it will be removed

I really hope this helped a little guys feel free to add me on Steam i am ready to talk to you guys about everything related to this and everything else ofcourse.. Also this is not to offend anyone! This is me hoping that it can change some peoples views on stuff

WE ARE A BIG TEAM GUYS LETS ACT LIKE IT!
  • Keith Cozart
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The one and only Keith Cozart
  • Thanks received: 1083
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morgan, EMP, The Gamer Guy, Jalu, Walter HWITE and 9 more...

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307321

Well said buddy!
  • Holly Banker
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 724

Ex SSRP Super Admin
ExDeathrun Admin
Ex Bhop Mod
Ex TS3 Staff
Ex Forum Secrion Moderator

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307323

Well the vote is objectively fair but should someone who has NEVER played on the TTT server really be allowed a vote?
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307325

Exrobite wrote:
Well the vote is objectively fair but should someone who has NEVER played on the TTT server really be allowed a vote?

We want to make it fair to everyone. That is why everyone is allowed to vote on it
  • Keith Cozart
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The one and only Keith Cozart
  • Thanks received: 1083

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307326

Keith Cozart wrote:
Exrobite wrote:

We want to make it fair to everyone. That is why everyone is allowed to vote on it

Fair to people who have never played the server and probably don't know what they're doing.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307334

Agreed, we should come together and accept the change and work with it!
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by exrobite.

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307338

There is not a fairer system than an open vote to everyone, thanks for this post Keith!
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith Cozart

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307343

Well said Keith!
  • Jamie.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 217

✭Former✭
Ex SSRP x4 - Administrator
Ex TTT - Administrator
Ex BHOP - Moderator

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307346

Yeah i was stupid last night said some stupid things that night and in the lead up so we just need to get back to it i guess if it doesnt work it will revert back eventually but that doesnt stop me feeling that it is a gamemode very much based on variety if it doesnt have that it doesnt work it is similar to gamemodes like deathrun or bhop and i find it kind of stupid to do at this time with a recent surge in players i would have gave it another week personally but we will see in a weeks time if we get the maps and stuff back fingers crossed
  • Ryryster
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Yer Da sells Avon
  • Thanks received: 190
Here Listen To Some Scottish music

Former Bhop Admin EX TTT Admin EX Deathrun Moderator
Down with the Union
Feel free to add me on steam
steamcommunity.com/id/ryryster
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Ryryster.

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307347

Was waiting for the right person to say it.I agree with every single sentence you wrote, keep up the amazing acts man you are just what we need in the community.
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 737
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Jailbreak SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307352

It's fine I'll just wait until i can say "I told you so"
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307368

There's a large misunderstanding with multiple people, we love people to voice their opinion; and you have the right to. There's a line that is drawn with everything contributed into the community, and those are the rules. People went over this line, targeted members, and broke TOU. It would be as simple as making a vote once it's been implemented to remove the suggestion and revert back to the former system.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307370

Thank you for making this post Keith, attitudes of some people were ludicrous over 1 suggestion. I'm glad that this is allowing people to see eye to eye on this issue and doesn't cause another big argument followed by lots of abuse and hate. Thanks Keith!
  • CaptinF1rework
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Valar Dohaeris
  • Thanks received: 1071

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307424

Thank you for this post Keith. I was COMPLETELY opposed to this change when I saw it, however I cast my vote on the poll and continued on with my day. I didn't constantly rant on about how it was a bad vote and how this would "kill TTT" because I knew that if it proved to be detrimental towards the server, it would be reverted. Remember guys, don't instantly make assumptions that things are bad before you test them. Also remember that if something is bad, it will be changed.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307429

Blocked wrote:
People follow bandwagons, and when people see a high ranked staff member such as Morgan making the suggestion and an owner supporting it they instantly assume it's good even though they have never played TTT and most likely don't know what's good for the server, I'm not really against the suggestion, I actually wanted to do that a long time ago with a different map, I just don't think it was fair that people who have no idea that the TTT server even existed voted yes to hop on the band wagon, while other people who actually play the server had to suffer.

It should have been done in a staff vote and not a community vote, as I said, I don't think that the suggestion is bad, but in my opinion, there's a principle involved, one being that the vote was completely unfair, seeing as the people against the suggestion brought up valid arguments while some people had no argument other than "+support great suggestion".

Another point I would like to bring up is that when the TTT server finally gets players you guys decided to make a big and risky change such as this one, I understand that the top 1 million servers use 24/7 rooftops but I personally had this idea as a final resort alongside the reboot, not when the server is actively getting players, I just don't want to see the server die out again, that's all.
You can't claim that the vote was unfair if you can't suggest a fairer system. The TTT server is public and open to the entire community, so it makes sence that the entire community gets a say on what goes on with it. I find it funny that only now a vote hasn't gone your way you are raising this concern even though this system has always been used. Look at the most recent poll to change DarkRP Server 2's map, i'm positive that people who voted on that poll had never played on the server before. Everyone should get a say in decisions such as these.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by EMP.

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307441

Well Said!
  • TimeForPug
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1213

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307462

I think some people got quite mad because of a misunderstanding, the post Jerry made on the forums was that 'it would be added next week due to astounding support. I don't think winning a poll by one vote is really fair in such a big vote. This makes about half the community upset. It was basically a tie, and the few votes last minute made quite a lot of people mad. I hope this will be discussed thoroughly in the next meeting. I'm personally against this suggestion, but I don't personally hate someone that votes yes. All opinions are valid opinions. My biggest argument against adding the map was that:

Only 20% (was 18%) of the time on the server is rooftops. Whenever I play TTT, I always see map changes. That's because rooftops is a great map and all, it's a bit better than other maps objectively, but that doesn't mean people don't like playing on other maps (aka 67thway, dolls, clue, waterworld, innocentmotel, minecraft) In my opinion, it's time to switch out one map for another. Maybe exchange minecraftcity for skyscraper or so. Minecraftcity is barely played at this point, skyscraper was such a good map, it got just beaten out of the 10 map vote. The only complaint on it is that the map is a bit small, but it's tons of fun. i've also seen that people like rooftops just for the easter eggs. Sure, they're fun, but it doesn't make the map the only map we should play.

TL;DR: While rooftops is a good map, you can just extend the vote on the current map, or nominate it when you're not sure it'll be in the mapvote.
  • p0rtalsh0oter
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm back I guess.
  • Thanks received: 119
Ex TTT Head Admin, then Admin again. Now I've disappeared. Add me on Steam if you like.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by p0rtalsh0oter.

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307506

Sure, they're fun, but it doesn't make the map the only map we should play.

Clearly more than half the community disagree. If you guys have a problem with the new suggestion wait until it's implemented and see if you still dislike it. If you do you can just make a suggestion to remove it? Look at SSRP Bloc42 was voted as the new map for server 2 and it failed. CaptinF1rework made a suggestion to change it and now we have Rockfordv2. There is no point in making all of these posts complaining and making all of the threads that have been made. It will accomplish nothing, if you actually make something constructive you may have a chance to get what you want.

Thank you for making this post Keith, now I just hope all of the ridiculous arguing and hate towards people can stop.
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead
  • Thanks received: 567

Self proclaimed greatest of all time
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Plankton.

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307509

Agreed with Fod here, we might as well just wait and see and if it actually improves the server we'll all have big steaming eggs on our faces :D
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

Recent Behaviour On The TTT Vote 8 years 1 week ago #307510

Guys I don't think this thread was ment for argument purposes but rather to answer the debaters questions. Thank you Keith for representing what we stand for and clarifying we are a team and we can work together not against each other because if we work together we can make a remedy ..
  • Luan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Ex- Surf Owner
  • Thanks received: 488

EX- TS3 Staff
EX- SSRP Head Admin
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

292 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1