Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Doxxing and Online Harassment

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261423

Recently, we’ve noticed a large number of doxxes being made and shared by and of members of the community. Doxxing is sharing personal, private information about someone, which they would usually want to remain private.

The Community Team want to make it very clear that we have an absolute zero tolerance policy when it comes to doxxing and any similar forms of harassment. Anyone who doxxes someone or helps with doxxing in any way, shape or form, regardless of any “reason” behind it, will be facing a Community Ban.

We’d like to remind you all that ZARP is a gaming community. Anything that happens within ZARP is in the online world, which for many people is distinctly separate from the “real” world. Getting punished, having a disagreement or losing an item on ZARP isn’t something which affects anything in the real world in the slightest.

Doxxing is something which severely affects people in the real world. Spreading personal information about someone could potentially be incredibly harmful and could make someone feel very unsafe in their own life or get them into real-world trouble in extreme cases. For those who haven’t done so, please make sure you bear this in mind when you make any decisions on how to react to things which happen online.

If you’re doubtful that doxxing or situations like this can cause serious real-world consequences, take the example of a man who lost his life in 2017 due to swatting in which the person got the wrong address. Even if they had been given the correct address, this is a serious real-world situation in which someone lost their life, but this man was also completed uninvolved in the entire dispute. You can read more about this situation here: www.theverge.com/2017/12/29/16830626/cal...dead-police-shooting

ZARP does not condone this kind of behaviour, and we want to make sure that we are a community where people can feel safe and free from discriminatory behaviour or harassment, and we take things like this very seriously.

To add on to this, we would like to remind people that doxxing is a crime, and for those who do it, the appropriate legal action can be taken, and this is something that we would of course rather not have do due to the legal and real-world consequences, but will do so in cases where we deem it to be appropriate.

We would strongly urge anyone who has had issues with this, such as being doxxed themselves, had doxxes of them shared or who ever come across any situation where people are doxxing, that they report this along with all necessary proof to the Community Team as soon as they can after it happens so we can deal with it appropriately. Regardless of rank, time spent in the community or any of our own personal information, our priority is to ensure the safety of community members and to ensure that the community as a whole is a safe place for everyone.

ZARP Community Team
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4302
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by TheXnator.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EMP, Chuteuk, EiPUS, OnionRings, h0meless and 20 more...

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261428

:clap: :clap: :clap:
  • menameisemil
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • idk what to put here
  • Thanks received: 598
Former:
SSRP Super Admin
SSRP Section Mod
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261434

Agreed, doxing has always seemed to be a big problem in the community, I remember when I came back and heard a bunch of stories from people about them getting doxed and it seems like stuff like this is still pretty prevalent in the community. I hope it stops :(
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by narexa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa, Buffy

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261436

Well said Mr Nator!, i couldn't agree more about this horrible practice. Thank you for making this announcement it meant the world to me.
  • Na1
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 161
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baxter Black, Markus, Reversed, finlay

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261440

Na1 wrote:
Well said Mr Nator!, i couldn't agree more about this horrible practice. Thank you for making this announcement it meant the world to me.
can you be more sarcastic in one post I can feel it pour out of my monitor
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 638

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m, Darling, PrincessPeach

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261444

Na1 wrote:
God sometimes you really need to think 16 times before saying stuff like that

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261446

This has all gone way too far recently. Certain people throwing out personal information of people they don't like just because they can, involved people getting threatened with a similar treatment for trying to do the right thing and what not. Doxxing is a serious issue and it can have serious consequences, in some cases dramatically affecting a victims life. Nobody deserves such a treatment, regardless of who they are and what they did. You wouldn't want your personal information publicly available. Why would you treat other peoples information differently then? Try to put yourself in their shoes for once. This kind of harassment doesn't just make you a bad person, it's also against the law. This seriously needs to stop.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1874
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Martin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m, jean lucien cheikh touré, TheXnator, Lefty., Davidov007 and 1 more...

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261449

i thought doxing was left for the skids a few years back who try to look cool
  • Gody
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1058

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261450

Na1 wrote:

you made a mistake by saying that. be careful with what you say.
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261464

Martin wrote:
This has all gone way too far recently. Certain people throwing out personal information of people they don't like just because they can, involved people getting threatened with a similar treatment for trying to do the right thing and what not. Doxxing is a serious issue and it can have serious consequences, in some cases dramatically affecting a victims life. Nobody deserves such a treatment, regardless of who they are and what they did. You wouldn't want your personal information publicly available. Why would you treat other peoples information differently then? Try to put yourself in their shoes for once. This kind of harassment doesn't just make you a bad person, it's also against the law. This seriously needs to stop.
Doxxing must stop! The people who are doing this are awful people MUST be silenced! Bringing light to the situation will not only bring more people to dox others but it is giving the people who are doing it a win in their books. Standing on a high hill on this topic only makes the people who are involved with the LT look that much more terrible. Niko is a man who thank you'd this gladly was also the same guy who would post pictures of me on the forums, leak images of red, along with making personal attacks on people who do not agree with him.

Never listen to a word the staff say on this server past and present members can and will use your personal information against you, I can easily send you the proof as these arent claims and just another oppressed part of Zarps history. Doxxing is wrong but when the staff members who have done the exact same thing but have weaponized it is much much worse.

Edit: If I am brought up for a ban for slandering I can easily provide proof of these claims.
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1795
Jay House number 1 as always
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Lerpson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KrypticOG

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261466

it’s so sad how people can get that mad over a video game. just turn it off and go outside
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 455
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261469

Carson wrote:
Martin wrote:
Doxxing must stop! The people who are doing this are awful people MUST be silenced! Bringing light to the situation will not only bring more people to dox others but it is giving the people who are doing it a win in their books. Standing on a high hill on this topic only makes the people who are involved with the LT look that much more terrible. Niko is a man who thank you'd this gladly was also the same guy who would post pictures of me on the forums, leak images of red, along with making personal attacks on people who do not agree with him.

Never listen to a word the staff say on this server past and present members can and will use your personal information against you, I can easily send you the proof as these arent claims and just another oppressed part of Zarps history. Doxxing is wrong but when the staff members who have done the exact same thing but have weaponized it is much much worse.

Edit: If I am brought up for a ban for slandering I can easily provide proof of these claims.

If you or anyone else has been the victim of doxxing, I would strongly recommend that you do report this now rather than saying that we're standing on a "high hill". As I said in the thread, this applies to everyone, regardless of their rank or "status" in the community, and we will be taking the appropriate action. Of course, there are cases where things have happened too long ago for us to really be able to take much action anymore, but we want to do our best to help out everyone, not just the members of our Lead Team, but the members of our community as well, and you are a member of our community, so will not be treated any differently if people are doing the same thing to you.

I do apologise if any situations haven't been dealt with properly or appropriately in the past, but we take this seriously and if there is any situation where information was omitted or the situation was pushed under the rug, I will do my absolutely best to (within reason) make sure it's dealt with properly if reported again. For reports like this (doxxing or harassment), I'd recommend using the Contact Form so the Community Team can deal with it properly and handle sensitive data (ie. contents of doxxes) properly.

I would just like to add that I did make a small edit to the original post just to make it clear that we recommend appropriate action legally against people who do dox and/or harass people. Some people may not like the idea of reporting behaviour like this to the police or getting any real-world stuff involved, but I personally do not have any issues with contacting the police and relevant ISPs over harassment, doxxing, etc. as people do need to learn when they're taking actions which are crimes when it gets to be excessive (if someone wants to target me personally, I don't really have much of an issue, but family is a different matter, as they're people who are innocent of whatever people are mad at me for).
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4302
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261470

TheXnator wrote:
Carson wrote:
Martin wrote:

If you or anyone else has been the victim of doxxing, I would strongly recommend that you do report this now rather than saying that we're standing on a "high hill". As I said in the thread, this applies to everyone, regardless of their rank or "status" in the community, and we will be taking the appropriate action. Of course, there are cases where things have happened too long ago for us to really be able to take much action anymore, but we want to do our best to help out everyone, not just the members of our Lead Team, but the members of our community as well, and you are a member of our community, so will not be treated any differently if people are doing the same thing to you.

I do apologise if any situations haven't been dealt with properly or appropriately in the past, but we take this seriously and if there is any situation where information was omitted or the situation was pushed under the rug, I will do my absolutely best to (within reason) make sure it's dealt with properly if reported again. For reports like this (doxxing or harassment), I'd recommend using the Contact Form so the Community Team can deal with it properly and handle sensitive data (ie. contents of doxxes) properly.

I would just like to add that I did make a small edit to the original post just to make it clear that we recommend appropriate action legally against people who do dox and/or harass people. Some people may not like the idea of reporting behaviour like this to the police or getting any real-world stuff involved, but I personally do not have any issues with contacting the police and relevant ISPs over harassment, doxxing, etc. as people do need to learn when they're taking actions which are crimes when it gets to be excessive (if someone wants to target me personally, I don't really have much of an issue, but family is a different matter, as they're people who are innocent of whatever people are mad at me for).
Issues of the past should still have the consequences as if it was today, Tamaninja is a perfect example of this along with Niko not because of their deeply unpleasent attitiudes or their grasps at power to only blow up when they arent left alone to do as they wish. Niko and Tamaninja have a long history of doxxing, using peoples personal info against them to shut them up about 2 years ago, you can see things like this being used in americas media but only to lead peoples lives to be ruined. I and many others experienced this kind of pain and stress knowing everyone around you in a gaming community now knows where you live, your name, face, parents and other family members. Why is it only now the staff say something about this? is it because they are now a target of this? I have tried to get people like tama and niko banned for things that they have done to me in the past with posting my face on the forums or sending it to others with little to no justice. Niko is now staff and tamaninja was staff before he was demoted and then he left. People like Capone, Niko, Tamaninja, Trixter, Shae, and others have been able to do these things knowing the punishment will be either long after the damage was done or to never receive a punishment. Why? well the staff members clearly did not try hard enough and only now is it a real issue in the staff members eyes. You can ask a large portion of people in Zarp and I can assure you that they can share stories on how they have had their personal info leaked and used against them. This has always been a problem but only when staff members are a main target that is when people need to know that it is not ok.
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1795
Jay House number 1 as always

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261471

yo i accidentally doxxed rulebreaker once but he doxxed me too and we friends i think so am i gucci
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261486

Vodka4Gaben wrote:
yo i accidentally doxxed rulebreaker once but he doxxed me too and we friends i think so am i gucci
why dont i remember this?
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 1265
Ex-Staff

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261526

Carson wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Carson wrote:
Martin wrote:

Issues of the past should still have the consequences as if it was today, Tamaninja is a perfect example of this along with Niko not because of their deeply unpleasent attitiudes or their grasps at power to only blow up when they arent left alone to do as they wish. Niko and Tamaninja have a long history of doxxing, using peoples personal info against them to shut them up about 2 years ago, you can see things like this being used in americas media but only to lead peoples lives to be ruined. I and many others experienced this kind of pain and stress knowing everyone around you in a gaming community now knows where you live, your name, face, parents and other family members. Why is it only now the staff say something about this? is it because they are now a target of this? I have tried to get people like tama and niko banned for things that they have done to me in the past with posting my face on the forums or sending it to others with little to no justice. Niko is now staff and tamaninja was staff before he was demoted and then he left. People like Capone, Niko, Tamaninja, Trixter, Shae, and others have been able to do these things knowing the punishment will be either long after the damage was done or to never receive a punishment. Why? well the staff members clearly did not try hard enough and only now is it a real issue in the staff members eyes. You can ask a large portion of people in Zarp and I can assure you that they can share stories on how they have had their personal info leaked and used against them. This has always been a problem but only when staff members are a main target that is when people need to know that it is not ok.
Honestly couldn't agree more with the statement about it only being a issue when staff members are the victims lmao, shit like this got treated so lightly resulting in a short ban for the doxxers, but the second it happens to a staff member, let's wack a community on their server ban. Correct me if I am wrong in saying that last part.
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7912
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi, PrincessPeach

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 7 months ago #1261529

Carson wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Carson wrote:
Martin wrote:

I wont go deep into this argument as it just a big headache but I can tell you one thing for a fact,
When I was global mod for around half a year there were constantly pictures of commun ity members posted and instantly deleted by us, forum moderators.
The accounts were obviously permanently banned and there were many attempts to collect evidence of who posted the pictures using alt accounts. Many community members were banned for doxxing and sharing personal information (could be seen by forum admins).
That problem will never stop, people have the urge to feel stronger by making others weak and it simply shouldn't be tolerated, those who do it should get permanently banned. There's no way to fully stop it, if you dont want a chance of your information leaked, dont share it.
  • EiPUS
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Slip Inside The Eye Of Your Mind
  • Thanks received: 2035
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Forum Global Moderator
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Discord staff

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 6 months ago #1272389

Little bump, some peoples must realize that doxxing peoples over bs beef in a gaming community is ridiculous
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin, TheXnator, PrincessPeach, Pengu_

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 6 months ago #1272437

ToBeHonest wrote:
Little bump, some peoples must realize that doxxing peoples over bs beef in a gaming community is ridiculous
agreed
  • KrypticOG
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 686

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 5 months ago #1280849

where does it say a user can be punished for not reporting doxxing? Xnator posted on the Discord saying this was a rule ("Remember, if doxxing occurs and you are aware of it, we do expect you to be making an effort to report it, otherwise you could also be facing consequences!") but it's not stated anywhere, not even in this cited thread.
  • Justice
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • on-and-off for 7 years.
  • Thanks received: 125
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

208 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
15/127