Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Doxxing and Online Harassment

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 6 months ago #1280859

Justice wrote:
where does it say a user can be punished for not reporting doxxing? Xnator posted on the Discord saying this was a rule ("Remember, if doxxing occurs and you are aware of it, we do expect you to be making an effort to report it, otherwise you could also be facing consequences!") but it's not stated anywhere, not even in this cited thread.

"The Community Team want to make it very clear that we have an absolute zero tolerance policy when it comes to doxxing and any similar forms of harassment. Anyone who doxxes someone or helps with doxxing in any way, shape or form, regardless of any “reason” behind it, will be facing a Community Ban."

Knowing about someone doxxing another individual in the community and neglecting to report it to a member of the community team is considered "helping" to a certain extent as you are actively letting them continue doing it. You will most likely get punished for it depending on the severity of the doxxing and the amount of time you've known about it without reporting it to a community team member.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 6 months ago #1280864

Martin wrote:
Justice wrote:
where does it say a user can be punished for not reporting doxxing? Xnator posted on the Discord saying this was a rule ("Remember, if doxxing occurs and you are aware of it, we do expect you to be making an effort to report it, otherwise you could also be facing consequences!") but it's not stated anywhere, not even in this cited thread.

"The Community Team want to make it very clear that we have an absolute zero tolerance policy when it comes to doxxing and any similar forms of harassment. Anyone who doxxes someone or helps with doxxing in any way, shape or form, regardless of any “reason” behind it, will be facing a Community Ban."

Knowing about someone doxxing another individual in the community and neglecting to report it to a member of the community team is considered "helping" to a certain extent as you are actively letting them continue doing it. You will most likely get punished for it depending on the severity of the doxxing and the amount of time you've known about it without reporting it to a community team member.

thanks for the reply. I personally don't see how that is "helping" myself, but sure. I would of course would report doxxing if I knew it was going on, but maybe that part could be cleared up in a rule perhaps (the rules aren't very talkative on this issue altogether tbh) as it's not a very 1:1 link at all.
  • Justice
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • on-and-off for 7 years.
  • Thanks received: 125
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Justice.

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 6 months ago #1280866

Whatever happened to "if it happens outside of an zarp related services there is nothing that we can do about it"? I remember getting doxxed on a discord server by someone who wasn't CM banned and after I told captain he said that.
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tamaninja

Doxxing and Online Harassment 3 years 6 months ago #1280885

Nick0GR wrote:
Whatever happened to "if it happens outside of an zarp related services there is nothing that we can do about it"? I remember getting doxxed on a discord server by someone who wasn't CM banned and after I told captain he said that.

Captin is no longer a member of the Community Team
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tamaninja
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds