Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gun Balance Patch - Feedback

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #966405

Weapon:Kriss Vector and Tec 9
Change:Increase the fire rate (only by a bit)
Reason:Lets not punish people who actually play on the server by nerfing the unlockables into the ground.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Henny.
Login or register to post a reply.

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #966414

Xeronise wrote:
make a fucking change log man holy shit
zarpgaming.com/index.php/2013-11-13-21-3...t-change-logs#964493
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #966460

Yung Henny wrote:
Weapon:Kriss Vector and Tec 9
Change:Increase the fire rate (only by a bit)
Reason:Lets not punish people who actually play on the server by nerfing the unlockables into the ground.

The reason why the Vector received a fire rate reduction and the change I had done previously which resulted in the Tec-9 being twice as fast, there is a problem which is basically just netcode. For as many shots as you may put out, several of those do not actually register as actually hitting simply because the fire rate is to great. I've lowered the fire rate for the Vector to help compensate with less loss of register hits, not because I wanted to nerf it's fire rate. In any case, nether of them will get a fire rate increase simply because it'll punish the user using the weapon more than anything else, because at that point it's literally just hoping that all these shots I just put out there don't just flop into this black abyss we call netcode.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: dankek

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #966479

Weapon: ACR
Change: Increase damage, increase accuracy
Reason: It's completely hopeless and when I picked one up and nailed 10 shots into this guy from point blank it didn't kill him. Also I tried it from mid range and you can't hit a single shot
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #966481

Weapon: Contender
Change: Make its ammo 1+5
Reason: Helps my OCD
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #966497

Nick0GR wrote:
1+4=5 why have 1+5 as it just equals 6!
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #966498

Kyber wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
1+4=5 why have 1+5 as it just equals 6!
Because then the reserve ammo is 5
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Nick0GR.

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #968382

I have heard that there are supposedly a lot of complaints about the latest "Gun Balance Update" that came out earlier this week. As these changes are enormous and could have severe consequences to the server and its enjoyment, I am reforming this thread.

Please post any feedback regarding the latest update here. Tell us whether or not you like the update or dislike it. This can help us make the correct decision on what we have to do moving forward.
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Raeker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DEADMONSTOR, Aek177, TheXnator, dankek

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #968444

Oh now that we're allowed to discuss stuff regarding the update, I am disappointed in the fact its an update that doesn't remove that 24 hour bollocks
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 8582
The following user(s) said Thank You: dankek

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #968616

Raeker wrote:
I have heard that there are supposedly a lot of complaints about the latest "Gun Balance Update" that came out earlier this week. As these changes are enormous and could have severe consequences to the server and its enjoyment, I am reforming this thread.

Please post any feedback regarding the latest update here. Tell us whether or not you like the update or dislike it. This can help us make the correct decision on what we have to do moving forward.
This gun balance
Bezzy: hummmmmmm if I nerf everything then it can’t be OP right.
The community: No
Bezzy: who’s the server owner
The community: sorry great leader
Bezzy: I will nerf every thing and calls it gun balance
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thanks received: 781
Former TTT Administrator
Former Prop Hunt Adminnistrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #968625

Ayyy bezzy made the g3 what it's meant to be, a mid-long range dmr let's goooo
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #968641

Bezzy: change every thing and not even test it. Those 20 people segesting things are experienced game devs that know what they are going. Who’s the best, yes, Miia I will test everything with Miia.
Aek: see no problem
The community: No Bezzy stop
Bezzy: I’m a server owner I do what I want.
The community: those 20 people are game devs(plz don’t demote me Bezzy I did nothing wrong)
Bezzy: as I though no objections.
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Kim..

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #968673

MemesAreGoodWithKim wrote:
This gun balance

Bezzy: change every thing and not even test it. Those 20 people segesting things are experienced game devs that know what they are going. Who’s the best, yes, Miia I will test everything with Miia.
The community: those 20 people are game devs(plz don’t demote me Bezzy I did nothing wrong)

First of all not everything was just nerfed, while a lot of the weapons were toned down a bit and some where nerfed a lot if you actually read the change logs you would notice that quite a few were also buffed in other areas to go with their nerf. This was done in order to attempt to make the weapons feel more unique as apposed to what it was before, where for example the sten was clearly the strongest gun of its ammo type so all the others were virtually pointless. Biggest example being the colt python which has been changed again, yes the ammo, accuracy and headshot multiplier was decreased but it got a buff to its damage and its fire rate.

A lot of theses weapons before the patch were just straight up broken and needed to be nerfed, most notable examples being the tec 9 and vector, they outclassed all other weapons and made the game incredibly unfair towards the newer players as they were high level unlocks. The M98B was also broken due to its interaction with deadshot so it was essential that it got a damage nerf. On the opposite side a lot of things were just buffed with no or little counter nerf, the famas had long been seen as a joke of a weapon and is now pretty good, even tho the exact changes have been lost, the suicide bomb also got a long needed buff as well as the UMP so detectives now have a decent item in their shop.

About your second comment. If you are honestly going to complain about the work Bezzy has done then maybe you should have actually tried to help him when we all knew he was working on a weapon balance update instead of waiting until after the update comes out to bitch at him. If you cared so much about this update then why did no one else decide to offer any input until now, as far as i am aware i am one of the few if not only person that actually came to Bezzy when they were working on this patch and tried to help them. Since the update came out i have still been talking with Bezzy and testing all the new weapons so that any oversights or further balancing issues could be resolved, the most recent change saw the python and deagle changed so they feel different from each other and the g3 is now a completely different and unique weapon.

Also you guys need to lay off Bezzy a bit cus they actually put a lot of effort into this patch and then making the further adjustments.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Miia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy, Aek177, Nick0GR, BossComic23

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #969050

Miia wrote:
MemesAreGoodWithKim wrote:
This gun balance

First of all not everything was just nerfed, while a lot of the weapons were toned down a bit and some where nerfed a lot if you actually read the change logs you would notice that quite a few were also buffed in other areas to go with their nerf. This was done in order to attempt to make the weapons feel more unique as apposed to what it was before, where for example the sten was clearly the strongest gun of its ammo type so all the others were virtually pointless. Biggest example being the colt python which has been changed again, yes the ammo, accuracy and headshot multiplier was decreased but it got a buff to its damage and its fire rate.

A lot of theses weapons before the patch were just straight up broken and needed to be nerfed, most notable examples being the tec 9 and vector, they outclassed all other weapons and made the game incredibly unfair towards the newer players as they were high level unlocks. The M98B was also broken due to its interaction with deadshot so it was essential that it got a damage nerf. On the opposite side a lot of things were just buffed with no or little counter nerf, the famas had long been seen as a joke of a weapon and is now pretty good, even tho the exact changes have been lost, the suicide bomb also got a long needed buff as well as the UMP so detectives now have a decent item in their shop.

About your second comment. If you are honestly going to complain about the work Bezzy has done then maybe you should have actually tried to help him when we all knew he was working on a weapon balance update instead of waiting until after the update comes out to bitch at him. If you cared so much about this update then why did no one else decide to offer any input until now, as far as i am aware i am one of the few if not only person that actually came to Bezzy when they were working on this patch and tried to help them. Since the update came out i have still been talking with Bezzy and testing all the new weapons so that any oversights or further balancing issues could be resolved, the most recent change saw the python and deagle changed so they feel different from each other and the g3 is now a completely different and unique weapon.

Also you guys need to lay off Bezzy a bit cus they actually put a lot of effort into this patch and then making the further adjustments.
As a coder my self I know the difficulty of balancing 20 wepones it’s hard I know but the point was he want calling for help he left it down to some people player segesting what benefits them because we all want every thing in or favour in a gun fight that’s why in overwach when the nursed or bufffed a carecters they would get hate form the people that main the nerfed carecters or the buff on a caricter that made another carecters unplayerbull what I’m trying to say is that there a nock on affect every time he nerfed or buffed something that if it was tested could of been seen what affect that had.
There was some clear things that needed to be nurfed like the tec 9 but they were nurfed so much that no won uses them he could for taken more time with the update and do a bit of testing and if something like this happens again some update I will be willing to help I can code I want this community to strive Bezzy you a great guy but test things and take you time it’s not like the player bace was falling massive then I would forgive you but test test test test.
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #969057

Raeker wrote:

Disregarding my own opinion, I have noticed an adequate amount of users complaining about the weapons, even a few who have never visited the server before.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #969069

Yung Henny wrote:
Raeker wrote:

Disregarding my own opinion, I have noticed an adequate amount of users complaining about the weapons, even a few who have never visited the server before.
Bezzy I am willing to help you put this right I will help you to balance it to code assist you on everything and testing it you need a plan to put it right and I will execut it with you and the help of the community.
  • Kim.
  • Gold Boarder
Former TTT Administrator
Former Surf Moderator

Steam

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #969073

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Im going to start by saying this again, Bezzy was not intending to leave it down to just me and him to try to balance the weapons, no one else cared enough to help knowing full well he was working on a massive balance patch that would completely change the server. Im going to assume your next point is that there was some weapon bias involved when balancing( gonna assume you mean towards the tec) which i can assure you is not the case, the weapons were all balanced with the mentality of making them unique from each other and making them fair for both newer and old players. When you imply the update made some weapons unplayable i don't know what you are talking about, every weapon is now in a decent spot which is more than can be said before the patch, guns like the famas were truly unusable.

While true i only got the chance to help Bezzy test the weapons after the update came out that does not mean that zero testing or thought was put into this. Assuming your talk of knock on effect is referring to nerf one weapon and another will get stronger, this is the very reason a lot of weapons got there small minor nerfs. When the dominant weapon (tec) got nerfed a lot of other weapons were toned down in order to prevent them from just replacing it as the clearly most OP gun, guns like the terror tech and sten were notable examples of this, if we did not nerf the sten it would just replace the vector. More thought than you realise was put into this update, given the update launch you may think otherwise but at launch there were a few things that got fucked not because we wanted them to be but because the update was rushed out, like the accuracy on a lot of weapons and fire rate.

The tec 9 is currently in the most balanced spot it could be without making drastic change to the weapon and it becoming something different from its original design. The tec is supposed to be a weapon you can use to melt players, which you still can do, however it was balanced around the fact is intended to be a secondary weapon and no secondary weapon should be able to kill half the server without having to reload. The main issue with pre patch tec was that people were using it as a primary weapon and it was almost unstoppable. The tec is now a much more niche weapon and cannot be used as a primary weapon, its something you have to use strategically to kill 1-2 players quickly and then get out, in the right situation even with a mag of 12 it can still kill a lot of players. While i agree people are not using the tec as much this is not because the weapon is suddenly trash because its not, the reason is like i said above it is a niche weapon, its situational just like the contender and as a secondary weapon there are a lot of primaries that a lot of the time are a more flexible and can be used in more situations which is why it is not picked up as much.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #969086

Anyone know which gun is the new best gun then just so i know which one to use and abuse or are they all shit now?
  • Jax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That's the way it is.
  • Thanks received: 294

Ranks I had: TTT Super admin x1, TTT Admin x5, Murder Admin x1, Prophunt Admin x1

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #969087

Jax wrote:
Anyone know which gun is the new best gun then just so i know which one to use and abuse or are they all shit now?
Ive just been sticking to shotguns personally, but I would recommend not touching the mossberg.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

Gun Balance Patch - Feedback 5 years 9 months ago #969088

Yung Henny wrote:
Jax wrote:
Ive just been sticking to shotguns personally
After the patch the shotgun was clearly the best weapon but it has since received a small nerf, i imagine its still pretty good tho. Tommy gun is also a very good choice and the jackhammer despite its nerf is still good.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Miia.
Moderators: Kanna.
Time to create page: 4.063 seconds

159 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
5/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32