Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SURF] Suggestions

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 7 months ago #1174339


Do you have any suggestions for additions to the server such as a map being added or a feature being added? Or do you have any rule changes you would like to propose? If you do feel free to post your suggestion down below using this template.

[b]Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):[/b]

[b]How / why would it benefit the Surf server:[/b]

[b]Potential Issues/Exploits:[/b]

[b]Additional notes:[/b]

Please can you keep the discussions off this thread so that we can see the suggestions easier.
  • Clarky
  • Clarky's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • #RoadTo10kThankYous
  • Posts: 15223
  • Thanks received: 8171
  • Karma: 1011

★ Trouble in Terrorist Town Administrator ★

Former ZARP Community Manager

★YouTube★ | ★My Steam★
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by OnionRings.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 6 months ago #1180078

  • Knuthulhu
  • Knuthulhu's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • I'm a better surfer than you
  • Posts: 427
  • Thanks received: 126
  • Karma: 7
[Pharaoh] prince nyx: i simp for knu
I simp for Nyx
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Knuthulhu.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 6 months ago #1180085

  • Sron
  • Sron's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Posts: 732
  • Thanks received: 129
  • Karma: -4
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 5 months ago #1189626

Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
New modes and commands

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
Yes

Potential Issues/Exploits:
None that i can see

Additional notes:

Modes
Backwards
S-Only
D-Only

Commands
!wr - Display the server record in chat. Example: WR is held by [Knuthulhu] - 00:37:78
!map - Display map name, Tier and if its staged/linear
!hideplayers - Hides all players

Remove all times for people when the new pointshop comes. its going to be pretty hard to get any diamonds when you already have a good time on all maps
  • Knuthulhu
  • Knuthulhu's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • I'm a better surfer than you
  • Posts: 427
  • Thanks received: 126
  • Karma: 7
[Pharaoh] prince nyx: i simp for knu
I simp for Nyx
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Knuthulhu.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 5 months ago #1189647

Knuthulhu wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
New modes and commands

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
Yes

Potential Issues/Exploits:
None that i can see

Additional notes:

Modes
Backwards
S-Only
D-Only

Commands
!wr - Display the server record in chat. Example: WR is held by [Knuthulhu] - 00:37:78
!map - Display map name, Tier and if its staged/linear
!hideplayers - Hides all players

Remove all times for people when the new pointshop comes. its going to be pretty hard to get any diamonds when you already have a good time on all maps
:support: Instead of deleting all times however I'd prefer if the WR stays, and only all the PB's get deleted. Otherwise it's not really a "world record" anymore
  • Tom.
  • Tom.'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Legendary Member
  • Ambassador
  • Posts: 874
  • Thanks received: 418
  • Karma: 10


Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Tom..
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 5 months ago #1189658

Tom. wrote:
Knuthulhu wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
New modes and commands

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
Yes

Potential Issues/Exploits:
None that i can see

Additional notes:

Modes
Backwards
S-Only
D-Only

Commands
!wr - Display the server record in chat. Example: WR is held by [Knuthulhu] - 00:37:78
!map - Display map name, Tier and if its staged/linear
!hideplayers - Hides all players

Remove all times for people when the new pointshop comes. its going to be pretty hard to get any diamonds when you already have a good time on all maps
:support: Instead of deleting all times however I'd prefer if the WR stays, and only all the PB's get deleted. Otherwise it's not really a "world record" anymore

Yeah that's even better
  • Knuthulhu
  • Knuthulhu's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • I'm a better surfer than you
  • Posts: 427
  • Thanks received: 126
  • Karma: 7
[Pharaoh] prince nyx: i simp for knu
I simp for Nyx
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 5 months ago #1190566

Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
Make it so that you can spectate people without having to restart the map

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
Makes it easier to help people that don't know how to complete a stage

Potential Issues/Exploits:
None that I can see

Additional notes:
Currently when you spectate someone you will have to restart the map, this is really annoying on long maps such as surf_it_omnific where it takes most people several hours to reach the final stage
  • Knuthulhu
  • Knuthulhu's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • I'm a better surfer than you
  • Posts: 427
  • Thanks received: 126
  • Karma: 7
[Pharaoh] prince nyx: i simp for knu
I simp for Nyx
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 5 months ago #1190710

Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
Add a !Stage [Stage number] command let's you tp to a certain stage

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
You could easily practice stages by tping to Thema and wegen finished and teleported to the next Stage you would Not need to restart the map and Take ages to get to the Same spot
Potential Issues/Exploits:
None that I can see. Staff would have to Go through all Maps and Set the teleports for the Stage and the number

Additional notes:
Sorry for spelling mistakes. German Auto correction ist Killing me
  • Tom.
  • Tom.'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Legendary Member
  • Ambassador
  • Posts: 874
  • Thanks received: 418
  • Karma: 10


Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 5 months ago #1190713

Tom. wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
Add a !Stage [Stage number] command let's you tp to a certain stage

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
You could easily practice stages by tping to Thema and wegen finished and teleported to the next Stage you would Not need to restart the map and Take ages to get to the Same spot
Potential Issues/Exploits:
None that I can see. Staff would have to Go through all Maps and Set the teleports for the Stage and the number

Additional notes:
Sorry for spelling mistakes. German Auto correction ist Killing me

:plussp:
  • Knuthulhu
  • Knuthulhu's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • I'm a better surfer than you
  • Posts: 427
  • Thanks received: 126
  • Karma: 7
[Pharaoh] prince nyx: i simp for knu
I simp for Nyx
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Knuthulhu.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 5 months ago #1190733

Tom. wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
Add a !Stage [Stage number] command let's you tp to a certain stage

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
You could easily practice stages by tping to Thema and wegen finished and teleported to the next Stage you would Not need to restart the map and Take ages to get to the Same spot
Potential Issues/Exploits:
None that I can see. Staff would have to Go through all Maps and Set the teleports for the Stage and the number

Additional notes:
Sorry for spelling mistakes. German Auto correction ist Killing me
Just use pratice mode and no clip there
  • Blueperson
  • Blueperson's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Posts: 2007
  • Thanks received: 602
  • Karma: 1

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 5 months ago #1190734

Butterman wrote:
Tom. wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
Add a !Stage [Stage number] command let's you tp to a certain stage

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
You could easily practice stages by tping to Thema and wegen finished and teleported to the next Stage you would Not need to restart the map and Take ages to get to the Same spot
Potential Issues/Exploits:
None that I can see. Staff would have to Go through all Maps and Set the teleports for the Stage and the number

Additional notes:
Sorry for spelling mistakes. German Auto correction ist Killing me
Just use pratice mode and no clip there
well I could also surf to them, but it's just a waste of time and takes a while. Especially on long maps like omnific
  • Tom.
  • Tom.'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Legendary Member
  • Ambassador
  • Posts: 874
  • Thanks received: 418
  • Karma: 10


Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 5 months ago #1190738

Butterman wrote:
Tom. wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
Add a !Stage [Stage number] command let's you tp to a certain stage

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
You could easily practice stages by tping to Thema and wegen finished and teleported to the next Stage you would Not need to restart the map and Take ages to get to the Same spot
Potential Issues/Exploits:
None that I can see. Staff would have to Go through all Maps and Set the teleports for the Stage and the number

Additional notes:
Sorry for spelling mistakes. German Auto correction ist Killing me
Just use pratice mode and no clip there
Wouldn't you get tp'ed back tho since you would be going out of range of the bhop? Also it seems like a quick and easy feature to add that some people might like and make them want to stay.
  • jack bushross
  • jack bushross's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Posts: 2030
  • Thanks received: 1014
  • Karma: 30
SSRP- Super Administrator
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luke_

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 5 months ago #1190741

jack bushrsos wrote:
Butterman wrote:
Tom. wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
Add a !Stage [Stage number] command let's you tp to a certain stage

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
You could easily practice stages by tping to Thema and wegen finished and teleported to the next Stage you would Not need to restart the map and Take ages to get to the Same spot
Potential Issues/Exploits:
None that I can see. Staff would have to Go through all Maps and Set the teleports for the Stage and the number

Additional notes:
Sorry for spelling mistakes. German Auto correction ist Killing me
Just use pratice mode and no clip there
Wouldn't you get tp'ed back tho since you would be going out of range of the bhop? Also it seems like a quick and easy feature to add that some people might like and make them want to stay.

No you don't get teleported if you go outside of the map. unless the map creator has added teleports there, which no one does
  • Knuthulhu
  • Knuthulhu's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • I'm a better surfer than you
  • Posts: 427
  • Thanks received: 126
  • Karma: 7
[Pharaoh] prince nyx: i simp for knu
I simp for Nyx
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 5 months ago #1190850

Knuthulhu wrote:
jack bushrsos wrote:
Butterman wrote:
Tom. wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
Add a !Stage [Stage number] command let's you tp to a certain stage

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
You could easily practice stages by tping to Thema and wegen finished and teleported to the next Stage you would Not need to restart the map and Take ages to get to the Same spot
Potential Issues/Exploits:
None that I can see. Staff would have to Go through all Maps and Set the teleports for the Stage and the number

Additional notes:
Sorry for spelling mistakes. German Auto correction ist Killing me
Just use pratice mode and no clip there
Wouldn't you get tp'ed back tho since you would be going out of range of the bhop? Also it seems like a quick and easy feature to add that some people might like and make them want to stay.

No you don't get teleported if you go outside of the map. unless the map creator has added teleports there, which no one does
I wont lie to you thought this was bhop not surf my bad :D
  • jack bushross
  • jack bushross's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Posts: 2030
  • Thanks received: 1014
  • Karma: 30
SSRP- Super Administrator
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 5 months ago #1190873

Nutzu3650XL wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting): surf boards

How / why would it benefit the Surf server: realism i think

Potential Issues/Exploits: i dont kknow people could abuse them somehow its gmod nothing works properly

Additional notes: like make some cool ones with flames and ones with waves and shit and like make a green one give us variety
\acepted
  • Clarky
  • Clarky's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • #RoadTo10kThankYous
  • Posts: 15223
  • Thanks received: 8171
  • Karma: 1011

★ Trouble in Terrorist Town Administrator ★

Former ZARP Community Manager

★YouTube★ | ★My Steam★
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 5 months ago #1190906

jack bushrsos wrote:
Knuthulhu wrote:
jack bushrsos wrote:
Butterman wrote:
Tom. wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
Add a !Stage [Stage number] command let's you tp to a certain stage

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
You could easily practice stages by tping to Thema and wegen finished and teleported to the next Stage you would Not need to restart the map and Take ages to get to the Same spot
Potential Issues/Exploits:
None that I can see. Staff would have to Go through all Maps and Set the teleports for the Stage and the number

Additional notes:
Sorry for spelling mistakes. German Auto correction ist Killing me
Just use pratice mode and no clip there
Wouldn't you get tp'ed back tho since you would be going out of range of the bhop? Also it seems like a quick and easy feature to add that some people might like and make them want to stay.

No you don't get teleported if you go outside of the map. unless the map creator has added teleports there, which no one does
I wont lie to you thought this was bhop not surf my bad :D
The Game modes are almost the Same, basically all of these suggestions are good for both Surf and Bhop
  • Tom.
  • Tom.'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Legendary Member
  • Ambassador
  • Posts: 874
  • Thanks received: 418
  • Karma: 10


Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 4 months ago #1192490

Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
replace the knifes with better looking knifes
How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
wouldn't really benefit it, but It's so hard to rankup and it would be cool to have some better looking knifes
Potential Issues/Exploits:
none
Additional notes:
/
  • Tom.
  • Tom.'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Legendary Member
  • Ambassador
  • Posts: 874
  • Thanks received: 418
  • Karma: 10


Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 4 months ago #1192492

Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
More ways to get xp

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
at the current stage it's nearly impossible to get a high level.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
Maybe people would level up too fast, but then again getting a high level on surf doesn't rune anything.

Additional notes:
The surf levels only give you new knifes to unlock which is only on surf and not any other advantage on any other zarp server, so why make it so hard to get some nice looking knifes?
My suggestion is to add getting xp for way more things
1. Give exp for finishing a map, even if they don't improve their time.
2. Give exp for playing on a different map.
3. Give exp for playing daily on the server.
4. Give exp a player exp for every hour they got on the server.

(Not sure if these are the best ideas to add exp, these are just meant as an starting idea)

I'm currently the 9th ranked overall player on Surf acording to gametracker and managed to get lvl 33. Prestige 1.
10 Prestige levels exists tho and it's nearly impossible to even reach prestige 2. Yes people made it, but only by exp farming a ton wich is no fun either and imo it's more rewarding if you get more exp for getting a good time instead of only getting a lot of exp if you have a slow first run and slowly increase the time.
  • Tom.
  • Tom.'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Legendary Member
  • Ambassador
  • Posts: 874
  • Thanks received: 418
  • Karma: 10


Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 4 months ago #1193280

Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
Reset times

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
Make it easier for more skilled players to earn points/diamonds

Potential Issues/Exploits:
Some players might get mad that their personal record is gone

Additional notes:
For us skilled players that already have a pretty good time on all maps it's really hard to get diamonds, you have to play for hours, find new shortcuts/skips just to get a better time so we can get (I think) 50 diamonds which is nothing, so its almost impossible to for us to unlock any rare skins
  • Knuthulhu
  • Knuthulhu's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • I'm a better surfer than you
  • Posts: 427
  • Thanks received: 126
  • Karma: 7
[Pharaoh] prince nyx: i simp for knu
I simp for Nyx
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Login or register to post a reply.

[SURF] Suggestions 1 year 4 months ago #1194444

Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):
Add zones to bonuses

How / why would it benefit the Surf server:
Give players more ways to get xp/diamonds

Potential Issues/Exploits:
None

Additional notes:
No
  • Knuthulhu
  • Knuthulhu's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • I'm a better surfer than you
  • Posts: 427
  • Thanks received: 126
  • Karma: 7
[Pharaoh] prince nyx: i simp for knu
I simp for Nyx
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Login or register to post a reply.
Moderators: Mix3rz
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

391 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
17/127
online
Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP USA
8/127
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
online
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
5/47
online
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT USA
0/47
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
3/32
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf
9/32
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Prop Hunt
4/42
online
Connect to server View Gametracker Murder
0/42
online
Copy IP to Clipboard View Gametracker Minecraft
0/128
online
Connect to server View Gametracker TeamSpeak
23/32
online
Connect to server Discord
322/763
online
Top