Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: @Everyone applying for LT

@Everyone applying for LT 7 years 2 weeks ago #549723

Hey everyone!

I feel the need to make this post, because after multiple Super Administrator applications have been posted on the forums I don't think everyone here quite grasps what the new system does - and why it was put into place to begin with.

As we all know, before now, when you had to apply for any Lead Team position, you had to wait for the applications to open. If the applications were closed you couldn't apply, and not applying = not getting the role.

Now things have changed. Now you can apply whenever you want, whenever you think you're ready.

In the past, the reason to apply the moment that the applications opened up is because you don't know whether they would close the week after, and when they would open up again. Applying immediately is for self-perservation reasons, as nobody knows what could happen in the near future.

With the new system in place, this isn't an issue anymore. You can always go for any Lead Team position, as long as you have the prerequisite rank.

So please, think before applying. Don't go "Oh, they're open, let's apply and hope I get it," because that won't help you, or anyone else for that matter.

Ask yourself: "Am I doing a good job as an administrator currently?" and "Do I have the qualities that people expect of a Super Admin/Head Admin?" Or most importantly, "Is it better if I apply now, or should I wait a week?"

If you aren't sure what the answer to these questions are, then ask a Lead Team member of your server. They know you and you (should) know them. They'll always be able to give you feedback on what they think you can do better or what they think of you in general.

Please, think before posting. Thinking has never hurt anyone, and in this case, it is even better for everyone if you do.

Thank you for reading and good luck applying!
~Raeker~
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI, Kodi, Luki_Guki, TheXnator

@Everyone applying for LT 7 years 2 weeks ago #549726

Some people will just apply when they can so that they can get feedback which isnt a bad idea.
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

@Everyone applying for LT 7 years 2 weeks ago #549730

This is just what I was thinking. The reason why I voted to imploment this when Para asked me is because before when it was "rare" for the SA apps to be open everyone should apply since it isn't clear if it will open again. But now when it is open every week. They should apply when they feel ready for it. NOT rush it.
  • Luki_Guki
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • guy
  • Thanks received: 1394
Fuck off Luki, why do you have to do this ear rape type beat to my homie EMP.. he JOINED YOUR CHANNEL just for you, and you welcome him like that ? come on bro, have some respect to the big ballers man, and when i say big ballers, i don't mean it in weight. He actually lost 250 pounds,

@Everyone applying for LT 7 years 2 weeks ago #549731

Hopefully that will decrease the meetings time xd
No point of applying without being sure you deserve it.
  • hamad711
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ex. Deathrun SuperAdmin
  • Thanks received: 335

@Everyone applying for LT 7 years 2 weeks ago #549736

It will mean that everyone can put more time into thinking about it, rather than being like "oh god they're open I have to quickly throw up an app and apply". People can now put more time and effort into preparing in the weeks coming up to when they want to apply, and spend a lot more time on their applications. Also, it gives us as a Lead Team the opportunity to see what people think about themselves and their standing on the server.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

@Everyone applying for LT 7 years 2 weeks ago #549873

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Some people will just apply when they can so that they can get feedback which isnt a bad idea.
They can get feeback via TeamSpeak, Steam or in-game. And in the end, you'll have people that will apply each week until they get the rank, which is not what they're supposed to do.

Luki_Guki wrote:
This is just what I was thinking. The reason why I voted to imploment this when Para asked me is because before when it was "rare" for the SA apps to be open everyone should apply since it isn't clear if it will open again. But now when it is open every week. They should apply when they feel ready for it. NOT rush it.
My thoughts exactly.

hamad711 wrote:
Hopefully that will decrease the meetings time xd
No point of applying without being sure you deserve it.
Hopefully, yes. However, I feel like some people will always keep applying until they get the rank, which is not what they're supposed to be doing.

TheXnator wrote:
It will mean that everyone can put more time into thinking about it, rather than being like "oh god they're open I have to quickly throw up an app and apply". People can now put more time and effort into preparing in the weeks coming up to when they want to apply, and spend a lot more time on their applications. Also, it gives us as a Lead Team the opportunity to see what people think about themselves and their standing on the server.
Yeah. Some people won't do this, though - which is just wrong.
  • Raeker

@Everyone applying for LT 7 years 2 weeks ago #550037

I was thinking the same, I was gonna apply for SA, but then I thought to myself: Why now? Why not wait and improve more?

So I am gonna wait, I don't know how long. I am just gonna do my duty as admin the best I can, and when I feel ready (if I ever do) I might apply for SA. And applying for SA and getting that role is probably hard work (when you are SA)
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708

@Everyone applying for LT 7 years 2 weeks ago #550125

To all applicants and future applicants
This is not a race:) the moment you treat it as one, you will always end second to some one who prepared and worked hard for this.
Remember they are always open now. There is no rush
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, MichaeI, TheXnator, Raeker

@Everyone applying for LT 7 years 2 weeks ago #551084

DiamondWolfi wrote:
I was thinking the same, I was gonna apply for SA, but then I thought to myself: Why now? Why not wait and improve more?

So I am gonna wait, I don't know how long. I am just gonna do my duty as admin the best I can, and when I feel ready (if I ever do) I might apply for SA. And applying for SA and getting that role is probably hard work (when you are SA)
I'd like to point out you actually asked for a LT member's permission (via me) and he said you should apply. So please do. I'm more talking to those that apply without any thought behind it and are just doing it for the feedback or because they (wrongly) believe they can get it.
ParaMontana wrote:
To all applicants and future applicants
This is not a race:) the moment you treat it as one, you will always end second to some one who prepared and worked hard for this.
Remember they are always open now. There is no rush
Exactly. The fact that they're always open (should) discourage such competition-like behaviour, hopefully we'll see a better understanding of how the new system works over time.
  • Raeker
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

256 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40