Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Re-Training/Hiring

Re-Training/Hiring 7 years 9 months ago #366763

Okay so I think It's time to talk about this issue.

Note that this is directed at most staff members, not all of them, Also, I expect ONLY head admins/owners to answer. :)

First, the small part, hiring new GOOD staff members, all of this due to the number of staff leaving. Also, the HUGE numbers of F1's daily. I made an f1 today that still hasn't been done.. You Mods and Admins can relate right?

Now, the main issue. The F1s. How the F1s are being dealt with actually. For instance when me and Hm Shark Harper get warned for NLR.. Why is it you ask? Because wanted gangsters are killing spawning cops. But no, they're admins, they know it all.

Here's a little story. Today, I feel the urge of mining, so I become a miner. I say to myself "Hey, remember when you saw a miner build OVER the entity and the admin said it's okay? Let me do that!" So when I'm building an admin appears and says it's not allowed, and DIRECTLY removes everything i had built. He was right, but the way he handled the situation wasn't. He didn't even explain the rule to me or help me, just verbally warned me and threatened to warn me if I do it again. The rule is "You're not allowed to block or build directly around the mining entities and should be at least three body lenghts away.", so I placed a rack 4 body lengths away from the ruby stone, and put a bridge leading over it, so I can mine. He came again to check on me and wanted to warn me for breaking the rule again, but things got cleared out. He explained the rule which I now understand.
See what happened there? A player broke the rule AGAIN in less than 10 mins. Why? Because the mods and admins aren't doing their full job and really telling the player what's wrong and explain the rule to them.

I can go on and on, but I'm getting bored, and I bet so are you. I'd like to point out that I'm not hating on any of the staff or players, I respect everyone in this great community, which together we can make greater.
#MakeZARPGreatAgain

:zarp: Coutinroy
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Roy Harper. Reason: typo
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Gamer Guy, 0yc37xrk6m

Re-Training/Hiring 7 years 9 months ago #366770

I agree with you people get admins a bit too fast from mod sometimes. But it's hard to keep track of them all you gotta give them that.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Re-Training/Hiring 7 years 9 months ago #366775

Yeah I think that staff members should spend more time explaining to players the rules and why the players are not supposed to break them. Sometimes I feel like the staff members themselves don't know the rules because I have seen some break them. R̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶Y̶u̶n̶o̶?̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶v̶a̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶z̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶.̶
  • hmshark
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 7
Former Harper- but the gang is dead.

Re-Training/Hiring 7 years 9 months ago #366786

i recommend becoming staff if you feel an urgency for your f1s to be done, if you want to see a positive change you can start by help making it yourself.
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text
  • Thanks received: 97

Re-Training/Hiring 7 years 9 months ago #366789

0ctocat wrote:
i recommend becoming staff if you feel an urgency for your f1s to be done, if you want to see a positive change you can start by help making it yourself.

I am going to re-apply soon.
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«

Re-Training/Hiring 7 years 9 months ago #366815

Just a idea i think mods applying for admin should have these things taken into consideration and i believe they are:
f1's answered
time on server
time split between other servers (so dosing on a low pop server)
Also i think there needs to be a hands on interview using ts and a questionnaire that should be verbally taken also on basic rules,scenarios etc.
  • Deathmans
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Re-Training/Hiring 7 years 9 months ago #366818

hmshark wrote:
Yeah I think that staff members should spend more time explaining to players the rules and why the players are not supposed to break them. Sometimes I feel like the staff members themselves don't know the rules because I have seen some break them. R̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶Y̶u̶n̶o̶?̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶v̶a̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶z̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶.̶

to be fair i agree with admins not knowing rules but i do believe if mods and admins was to sit there and explain the rules it would take longer.
i on the other hand when it comes to sits try to finish them quickly and as effectively as possible to make sure i get to all and not leave people hanging.
  • Deathmans
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Re-Training/Hiring 7 years 9 months ago #366823

Deathmans wrote:
Just a idea i think mods applying for admin should have these things taken into consideration and i believe they are:
f1's answered
time on server
time split between other servers (so dosing on a low pop server)
Also i think there needs to be a hands on interview using ts and a questionnaire that should be verbally taken also on basic rules,scenarios etc.

Time on the server is soo useless. If you have not noticed by now, a lot of admins/mods go afk for hours and hours just to increase their gametime. They do that just to appear as if they are taking care of the server. Today when I was playing, there were about 10 staff members in the server but my f1 was answered after like 15 minutes. I wonder what those admins are doing.
  • hmshark
  • Fresh Boarder
Former Harper- but the gang is dead.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

186 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT