Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff.

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303678

I've seen too many threads recently about players getting mistreated by Staff Members or them giving punishments when a simple talking to would have been suffice.
I'm not going to mention any names, but as humans, we make mistakes. We need to learn from them and not make the same mistake twice.

Now, I'd like to point something out. Our servers wouldn't be popular without all of our players. Without the players, we are nothing. So, if a user thinks he is being mistreated, don't mute him, or give him a warning for "Disrespect". We are the people that are suppose to HELP the players when they need help. Players can get defensive sometimes and say some crude things. Be the bigger person and stay calm. Explain to them what they did wrong, and what they can do to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Another thing, please don't go and muting people if they are criticizing you. If they ask for another staff member to help them, try and give them what they want. Don't be like "well you get whoever comes first". Ask in admin chat if anyone is free, and ask them to deal with this player. Every staff member can act differently, so if one can't help someone, another probably can.

Finally, giving out punishments. If somebody is new, instead of giving them a punishment straight off the bat, try to explain to them what they did wrong. Tell them to re-read the rules if they need to, and go on your way. We are here to ENHANCE the user's experience, not make them feel bad for breaking a rule they didn't know existed.

Now, I'd like to see a nice discussion about the topic below.
If anyone tries to start drama, me or another Forum Mod will remove your post and ban you. We've had too much drama recently, and all I'm trying to do is try and help the community as a whole.

Thanks for reading. Let me know if I should add on anything to this.

• Tettra
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The original Good Boy™️
  • Thanks received: 930
I'm an ex at a lot of things:
Global Moderator
SSRP Admin (I was SuperAdmin for 10 seconds as a mistake)
Minigames Owner
Teamspeak Staff
Minecraft Mod (lol)
Deathrun Mod

I used to go by Fennster4 but now I’m cooler
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XxmasterxX, Spectrum, Holly Banker, SorIe, Newdude and 6 more...

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303680

*claps* well this is going to a lot of people in the community. I think fennster has just rekt half the community for the better
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303681

Well said fen
  • Barack Obama
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Yoink
  • Thanks received: 41
Im just vibin
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Barack Obama.

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303684

Thank you for this Fenn
  • KingofSaiyans
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I might be a fan of Maisie Williams.
  • Thanks received: 160
Ex deathrun mod x2
Ex deahtrun admin x2
Ex deathrun SA x1
Ex bhop mod x1
Ex TS staff x1

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303685

Well said, Fenn. After the advice you gave, I'll try and change my attitude (to assume that it needs definite changing).
  • UltraBagel
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 61

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303688

Thanks Fenn, but why u wrote this topic?
  • MancioGames
  • Junior Boarder
  • Deathrun Admin, Minigames Moderator.
  • Thanks received: 24

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303690

This is something I've been saying for a very long time, staff members act like dictators sometimes because they have so much power compared to users which in their minds gives them some sort of right to abuse it. I was honestly waiting for someone to make a post like this because I'm sick and tired of seeing the same shit on the forums, a demote request here and a staff member did this there.

It's disgusting the way some staff act.

From what happened today on Deathrun, I'll be making sure everyone in my staff team are 100% confident in how they should be staffing, thanks for posting this.
  • stratiic
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • spitting in your mum's twat
  • Thanks received: 1452
The following user(s) said Thank You: KingofSaiyans

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303691

great words. great guy
  • FUZZY
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Skrrt Skrrt
  • Thanks received: 265
Any questions add me on Steam

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303692

Take all my respect global moderators, good job!
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303695

MancioGames wrote:

Imagine yourself as a user playing on a server, having fun.

You accidentally break a rule, and you somehow get banned for a day.

This personally happened to me once, and it's absurd that admins think that they can do things like this on a laid back gamemode and keep a consistent playerbase.
If it was Serious RP, I can see where they're coming from. But not from DarkRP, SSRP, or Deathrun.

I know that we haven't had any issues that are as bad as I said, but I still feel as if it's a bit unfair to players. They are getting treated like criminals for doing something that you didn't know was against the rules or accidentally did.
  • Tettra
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The original Good Boy™️
  • Thanks received: 930
I'm an ex at a lot of things:
Global Moderator
SSRP Admin (I was SuperAdmin for 10 seconds as a mistake)
Minigames Owner
Teamspeak Staff
Minecraft Mod (lol)
Deathrun Mod

I used to go by Fennster4 but now I’m cooler

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303701

You literally just said, what I was trying to say since ages and never had success with.

Staff, supposed to help the players. Sadly I often enough see Staff helping each other or themselfs which the players suffer from. Admitting mistakes? No. Neither the players nor the Staff.

Isnt it supposed to be fun playing in a nice community? Yes. Is it fun? For alot of the players not... not always.

I would like to discuss why certain rules are how they are.

A very recent case is a cute little fella (a 10years old boy) getting muted and warned because he was singing.
The rules state its ok to sing aslong you don't spam. He didn't spam. He took breakes. He was lovely. He got punished?

I don't see how that little kid could have affected anyones experience on the server to the negative. He wasnt spamming and if you didn't enjoy the singing (90% enjoyed it) you can mute him. Whats the point on going harsh on stuff like that?

A big topic that I know will be brought up in the meetings are the exploits. I have pretty deep reaching understanding of the game and always offered to help with deciding whether something is an exploit or not. But I was ignored, reasoned with:
Its an exploit cause Admin said so. And then from Admin: You can kill people and win.

Something needs to change. The community surely will help. The players need to behave better aswell. But it needs to start with the Staff. Rules need to be reworked. Staff and players need to be treated equally with the exception that Staff enforces the rules. We are here to play together and not to warn for every single thing that could be an exploit or could be potentially annoy someone.

A quick example for that is when almost 3 years ago a pointshop was added to Zarp people loved to bomb each other on Minecraft. Why? Cause it was fun. It was a challenge to outplay others and be the last runner standing in a fight vs the death and your teammates. If you didn't want that you could just say so and pass. Now its forbidden and can get you banned. For what point? We play this game for the shits n giggles. Where is that community feeling gone. I think alot also changed after adding the EXP. It made the game too competetive.
People refuse to use fun endings because they are tryharding for EXP. It shouldnt be like this. It should be like it used to be. A place where the Staff team was supporting the players and were just needed to Ban real rulebreakers, not warn people for every single exploits without any >mayor gamechanging< advantage.
Because lets face it. Nobody used to care if you jump around little trap that barely someone died to anyway. Skilled players should be rewarded for their skill.
In the end, its the Staffs decision. But they should listen to the community.
Why make something good turn bad if you could make it turn GREAT.

Kind Regards
Treck0 ~One of the oldest players on Zarp.
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by BD6uLRfWCYhaCaJPn8DJax6p68vWC7JU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: B4nQk0k

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303702

Well said, people on the staff team need to know more that we are here to help, not give out warns for pointless things.

But, im some cases, there is some cases where people have been given chances, and if anyone has seen my case, that is a perfect example.
  • Sonzy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 570

Ex-Deathrun Moderator
Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Minigames Moderator

"Perp advertiser"
Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Sonzy.

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303703

Fennster4 wrote:
MancioGames wrote:

Imagine yourself as a user playing on a server, having fun.

You accidentally break a rule, and you somehow get banned for a day.

This personally happened to me once, and it's absurd that admins think that they can do things like this on a laid back gamemode and keep a consistent playerbase.
If it was Serious RP, I can see where they're coming from. But not from DarkRP, SSRP, or Deathrun.

I know that we haven't had any issues that are as bad as I said, but I still feel as if it's a bit unfair to players. They are getting treated like criminals for doing something that you didn't know was against the rules or accidentally did.
Even if its Serious RP we are only human and we all make mistakes
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tettra

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303709

fiinaly someone with some sense this is what ive been saying to luan and he said he will talk to some people and doubt that he did kappa
sexy stripher always right thanks fennster
  • stripher
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 5

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303732

#fennster4SA
  • DamondOrSteel
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 55

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303740

Damond or Steel wrote:
#fennster4SA
This has nothing to do with what he said....
He just spoke what everyone else thought
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303792

As I have recently resigned from my staff positions I'd like to say that fennester has a point to most of the staff on zarp. I normally find these kind of situations happening to new staff comers (not naming anyone) and I can't deny every one fucked up now and again when they were 1st staff but we get second chances and learn from our mistakes.
Chasing to the point since I've resigned I haven't been that much 'engaged' with the forums but the around of crap for demotion requests and abuse posts (Mostly SSRP) is ridiculous. And to be honest the evidence they show goes against what fennester told us NOT to do.
Zarp is only here because of the players we get. We're all players and staff and we like to be treated fairly and respectfully. Now I get it if some guy randomly starts harassing you, you get the right to punish them. But for newcomers and people who haven't fully read the rules, the staff are the issue here. I wish this was put up so much earlier as when I 1st joined zarp I broke a lot of rules. I read over them but I still didn't understand some of them like NLR, MetaGaming, ghosting and most of the staff would not give me a chance to speak. I dunno how to say this, I was ignored and not treated like some other players or just because of the person dealing with me.
People in the Zarp community need to know that they are also controlling the server. Treating people the way fennester said is just going to make us lose players by getting confused or aggravated. It also leads to problems like they get real salty cause they don't know what they did wrong and then you randomly ban them (losing players).
Other than that, Fennester that is well said and I fully support this accusation I suggest this gets stickied for a while or put on a staff notice so people can understand how zarp work and how you follow.

:support:
  • Jamie Lawrence
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Name Changed From MrFluffy
  • Thanks received: 250

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303798

Well said fennster.
  • Want
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • L4GY
  • Thanks received: 238

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303913

pls why doesn't moderators (mainly) read these posts. They're not even aware of the definition of verbal warnings
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by catboy sven ツ.

I'd like to say something about ALL of our Staff. 8 years 3 weeks ago #303923

I accept your opinion Fenn and thanks for this topic. I wrote a post and someone locked and deleted it...why? As Deathrun Admin i want to express my opinion...
I want to clarify this situation. Thanks
  • MancioGames
  • Junior Boarder
  • Deathrun Admin, Minigames Moderator.
  • Thanks received: 24
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

128 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun