|Z| Clarky

Steam Profile Link:
Click here

Forum Name:
Clarky

I am From:
The United Kingdom

Time spent with ZARP Gaming?:
I have made my first appearance on ZARP SSRP Server 2, Sep 06, 2015 at 7:00 PM.

I eventually registered on the forums on 15 Sep 2015.

I have 5,817+ hours played on Garry's Mod, I'd say like 600~ hours of those hours are non-ZARP related but don't forget that I also spend my time with ZARP Gaming on my phone by accessing the forums and TeamSpeak 3 app I bought specifically just for the purpose of being able to access the ZARP TeamSpeak on the go whenever I was needed or had the free time to decide to come on.

Would you replace the Murder server. If so which game mode would you replace it with and why?:

If I were to ever replace the Murder server, I would replace it with a Jailbreak server.
Now you'll be asking why? Here is why I believe Murder should be replaced by Jailbreak:

For a long time now, people have been suggesting that we should have a ZARP Jailbreak server (including myself) as it is a very fun, diverse game mode in comparison to Murder where it is a server you simply cannot improve no matter what you add, the core game mode just isn't fun and isn't what the community even wanted in all honesty, as proven poll votes and numerous complaints from members of the community wanting it closed down and replaced with a far better game mode that is more fun and developed on as time goes by, SSRP for example.

If this was decided to happen, I would have myself and DEADMONSTOR (Someone who I have worked with a lot during the summer on developing JB and recently in assisting the addition of the DR Gangs fix, he is very contributed to ZARP regardless of what his rank is) work for hours and hours on improving the game mode in order to be unique and what the players would like to see. We both have always wanted our work to become present on ZARP as we mainly work on what the community members want hence why we decided to work on Jailbreak in the first place. I can run the server, although I can barely code; DEADMONSTOR has a lot of experience with GLua and I know he puts effort into the things he has done for the community so we will try work together on developing suggestions and surprises we’ll have prepared for you guys!

What do you think are the 5 key issues affecting the SSRP server currently and how would you solve them?

I believe that the current key issues we have on SSRP at the moment are the following:

• The current lack of SSRP updates
  • This has been an issue since Summer 2017, we have had no summer update and the Halloween 2017 update didn’t really bring any new content that would stay on the server, the map was well made however but I feel like Patrick could of done a better job if I were given the opportunity to tell him what should be changed before releasing it to the live server. The Christmas 2017 update was pretty great however there are still bugs and changes that have yet to be fixed, such as being tasered in the EVO suit and how unbalanced the suit is in gameplay, the update wasn’t tested very well compared to the previous updates so having me involved in the testing will hopefully avoid these issues from occurring again.

What I feel like we should start doing is releasing more small updates more often and that they do not have to involve new items either. Also changes that the community would want to see, here are some examples anyways of what could be part of these small updates, weeks before we could release bigger updates:
PD Raid Notification
Bank Raid Over Notification
Allowing “/drop” special items to collide with props
Making custom titles more custom
Feather Falling Upgrade
Improvements towards the suit system
An Inventory sorting system that saves where you choose weapons and upgrades to be
The ability to send a value amount of Gems
FP Drug Plants transferred over to ZARP
Coinflip Addon

There are so many more amazing suggestions that have yet to be considered adding to the SSRP servers. Some of these changes may be small but could also be extremely beneficial and hopefully, we can see a rise in the player count for SSRP again and aim for the #1 rank with these amazing ideas the community have for the servers.

• The rewarding system after raiding the bank
  • It doesn’t feel rewarding at all so I would like to see a case drop system that sort of works like CS:GO & and the PS servers on SSRP where you would be given a chance of finding a Magik Case drop for example, rather than just being rewarded a few Blueprint Cases and Weapon Cases after the timer hits 0:00 so this is something I will try to get considered so players feel more rewarded after managing to hold a bank raid.

• The map for SSRP Server 1 and 2
    • Playing the same RP maps do get boring over time, what I will be doing if I were to get this position is working a lot more with Patrick on what we should add and replace in order to have more areas to base in. I feel like with my experience of using special items and combat, I will be able to figure out what would be balanced and what wouldn't be balanced by also having access to the ZARP's SSRP Test server.
    ! - S1: The Downtown map update - It is one of my main priorities to have this on the live server, it is our current most popular SSRP server but our main issue is the ranking in GT - the map could be part of the issue as well as the lack of content we have been receiving which is why we should have this map added as part of the next update which should be around summer, I will do my best for the community and the community team to help have more content and map edits released more frequently than how it is currently which has not impressed a lot of players.

! - S2: The Evilmelon map update & release - The current S2 map, rp_rockford_v2b, is boring due to it having no map update and we have practically have had this map for nearly 3 years now (Excluding the fact that Bloc42 was released and removed within a week). At the beginning of the Evilmelon's update development, I have helped out Patrick a lot with play-testing and discovering map bugs, optimization issues, map leaks and brand new additions such as the Disco, Bank, etc. I'll be sure that if get CM, this map will be released as soon as we can possibly release it and release some map updates over time.

Suggest one key policy to be added, changed or removed.

The one key policy I believe that needs a change is the Hacking Policy. Why may you ask?

People who hack, use scripts, or use a malicious client modification can ruin a lot of gameplay for players. Players become a victim of these hackers when they hit ridiculous shots by using aimbot and will always know where players are by using ESP so pre-firing players around corners consistently and such can really piss players off because they at times lose their expensive items because of these people who ruin the gameplay. I have been told by multiple people in the past that they "would hack on ZARP because the only punishment they'll get is a kick which is practically a slap on the wrist" so I believe that we need to make the first offense punishment a one month ban and the second offense a permanent ban. This would make players on the server more happy because the player who was cheating had justice being served upon them more harshly than how lenient it currently is, I also believe it is a fair way to treat both the server and it's player base because I and many community members would love to see this.

There can be other ways on dealing with this, but a kick on first offense just isn't working so well if someone was using hacks for months and months so I would love to see what other community members think what should happen and it could be possibly considered if this was decided to be changed on.

This part of my CM application is not part of the template however I feel is necessary to mention.

Why you should choose me for Community Manager
    I should be chosen as the next Community Manager of ZARP Gaming because I have been extremely dedicated to the servers for almost three years now and I am very reliable on getting the job done. I normally like to in be the lead on how things should work, what things should be changed and be responsible for actions that take place. I promise that I will be an active community team member and will always try to have the community's word be involved in future plans, without you guys, we wouldn't know what we should do and may end up taking a wrong path without hearing your words first hence why you should choose me as one of the next ZARP's Community Manager so I can ensure this will happen so that we can prove that ZARP is not ‘dying’ and that we have a lot more on the table to bring out.

My current ranks
    I am currently a:
    SSRP Head Administrator
    Deathrun Administrator
    TeamSpeak 3 Head Admin
    Forum Global Moderator

However, I have held other ranks in the past such as:
    TTT Head Administrator
    Bhop Administrator

During my times staffing with these ranks, I feel like I have been a great benefit towards the servers with my fairness of punishing players and a fun, enjoying attitude I have when playing these game modes, making the players feel like they are having a good time and would revisit the servers again in the future if they also enjoyed the content as well.

How easy is it to contact me and where?
    I am extremely easy to contact which can be done by the Forums, TeamSpeak, in-game, Steam, WhatsApp, Facebook(those who are personally good friends of mine or one of the highest rank in this community will only have access for this quite obviously), and Snapchat.

How reliable and active am I?
    I am found to be extremely reliable in doing my staff duties properly and being active by making an appearance not only the Forums and Teamspeak but also SSRP and Deathrun as those are the servers I am currently staff on at the moment. Here are the Gametrackers to those servers to prove that I am active:
    SSRP Server 1
    SSRP Server 2
    SSRP Server 3
    Deathrun Server

I also do things behind the scene as well such as assisting the development of DR Gangs, staff-related things mainly to do with staff members, etc.

My attitude
    Towards new members, I have a friendly, welcoming attitude towards them and whenever they would break a rule I don't normally warn them and rather give a verbal and an explanation of what rule they broke and how they can avoid breaking it again. Towards members of this community, I keep up with my friendly approach and can be willing to give chances as long as they are on good terms with not only myself but the community and the servers itself.

The goals I have for ZARP 2018

SSRP and its future
    The biggest goal I have for SSRP at this moment is implementing what the community suggests as long as it will be beneficial and something the players will like. Not only that, I would like to also mainly focus on the RP maps we are using and how we can improve them for what current weapons we have nowadays and the future as well so we are able to maintain a more balanced experience for not only the experienced players but also for the newer players too - which in that case as well, we should award new players more money by changing how much the Drug Dealer buys drugs, the paychecks, how much more should a printer be printing with the NON-VIP & VIP set so then we are able to make basing a more viable option than mining. Take the summer celebration week for example, having X3 shop printers increased basing a lot and the server ranking went up a lot, and that's all because of the amount of money you can make in basing being worth it compared to other ways of making money such as selling items from shops, mining, etc. However, we need to make changes as to how special suits work so rather than me typing up what should happen, I recommend you here and go take a read from there.

TTT and its future
    I have been listening to the numerous complaints from the TTT player base and staff team about features/suggestions not being done, fixes and such. Although I can’t code very well like I have stated, I will do my best to help the server out by giving staff member’s more support & motivation to continue their staffing duties since I have heard they have been losing the motivation to continue doing so. I will also try to find someone who is more than willing to become a dedicated TTT server developer/owner who will also help motivate the staff team as well as potentially code for the server by releasing updates, bug fixes and also give the staff and players some appreciation so they feel more happy with playing/staffing on the server.

Deathrun and its future
    Deathrun has been down a patchy path, especially as of recently with the gang system having to be removed and fixed after major exploits and bugs were discovered. Thankfully, all of those were fixed and in the future, I believe that we need to test things a lot more in order to avoid this happening again or else something could go very wrong and this isn’t just for Deathrun but every other server too. It’s always best to release content that is properly tested and works with the gameplay than just push out content without actually testing it for its potential exploits and bugs that may affect the server in general. Deathrun gets a lot of accepted suggestions but never makes an appearance on the server so I will try to find someone will be dedicated enough to help develop the server for its future due to Annie’s inability to code. Currently as of right now, I am helping Annie with adding more ranks and unlocks to Deathrun so players can have more levels to progress and more items to be unlocked, bare in mind I am a rookie at coding so I’m trying my best to make this work out and learn more as time goes on.

BHOP/Surf and its future
    At times people would report hackers and that nothing gets done about their hacked/exploited world records. If I were given the power to resolve these issues, I would do this right away as I feel like it just is not fun trying to compete against other players with a world record that is physically impossible to beat. Doing this should improve the player count of those servers. I will also help the servers by potentially releasing content, ranks and unlocks that have been suggested for a while but never been added yet which were good suggestions for the servers.

I hope you guys are able to leave me some constructive feedback you have, this will greatly help me a lot and I am willing to help improve myself if there are any negatives about me applying for Community Manager. I would also like to thank the Community Team for opening the applications as I feel like we are in need of a new Community Manager and I hope you guys are satisfied enough to vote for me for Community Manager.

Good luck to everyone else who is applying for this position!
    ___

Want to support me? Copy and paste this into your signature!
    [spoiler][url=]

• Clarky
    • Former Community Manager
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • I love Henny
    • Thanks received: 9538
    Last Edit: 6 years 2 days ago by Clarky.
    The topic has been locked.

Needing a little bit of time off 8 years 1 month ago #301228

No worries bud, take the time you need.
    • Holly Banker
    • Diamond Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 724

Ex SSRP Super Admin
    ExDeathrun Admin
    Ex Bhop Mod
    Ex TS3 Staff
    Ex Forum Secrion Moderator
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky

Needing a little bit of time off 8 years 1 month ago #301230

Don't worry m8, take all the time you need.
    I hope these family issues get resolved soon!

See you soon!
    • Jim_Jam
    • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
    • TTT is my child ❤️
    • Thanks received: 3491

Needing a little bit of time off 8 years 1 month ago #301231

Don't worry, things will get better.
    Cya later!
    • BiWx Voorhees
    • Legendary Member
    • ZARP VIP
    • Riddim & DnB
    • Thanks received: 666

Deathrun- Former Owner
    TeamSpeak3- Former Staff
    Forums- Former Section Mod- Deathrun- Server Apps
    Changed name to HyperioN on Steam

Needing a little bit of time off 8 years 1 month ago #301234

Thanks for letting us know man! Take all the time you need. Hope to see you back soon
    • Plankton
    • Gold Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Overpowering Forehead
    • Thanks received: 567

Self proclaimed greatest of all time

Needing a little bit of time off 8 years 1 month ago #301240

Hope your alright man!
    • Jamie.
    • Gold Boarder
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • Legendary Member
    • Thanks received: 217

✭Former✭
    Ex SSRP x4 - Administrator
    Ex TTT - Administrator
    Ex BHOP - Moderator

Needing a little bit of time off 8 years 1 month ago #301241

Hope you can return soon lad!
    • Sonzy
    • Diamond Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Thanks received: 570

Ex-Deathrun Moderator
    Ex-SSRP Administrator
    Ex-TTT Moderator
    Ex-Minigames Moderator

"Perp advertiser"

Needing a little bit of time off 8 years 1 month ago #301253

Thank you everyone :)
    • Clarky
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • I love Henny

Needing a little bit of time off 8 years 1 month ago #302821

As things are slowly being sorted out, I am able to spend some time on ZARP and help out again! :D

May someone lock this please. :)
    • Clarky
    • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
    • I love Henny
    Time to create page: 0.133 seconds

160 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
    8/127
    Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun