Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Staff Read] Ban Lengths

[SSRP Staff Read] Ban Lengths 8 years 2 months ago #284481

Hey guys, recently across the SSRP team we've been noticing a large amount of lengthy bans for actions that could have easily been dealt with as a warning, mute, etc. Mostly, these have been for Disrespect. In the heat of the moment a player can easily say something they may regret, much like anyone in real life would. We need to keep in mind banning isn't the best thing to do in every situation, and players will learn more and be more likely not to disrespect again if you give him a chat mute or warning.

Disrespect is disrespect, your punishment shouldn't differ from a player calling another player a name that telling him to die from a disease. Next time you're going to punish a player for something, always think is this ban time appropriate? If you see a fellow staff member doing this, don't tell him not to do it but let him know that a warning or chat mute will be more suitable than just banning the guy for a few days, we're all on a team and we need to get these punishments in line as it's not fair to the player base currently.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Morgan.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, BiWx Voorhees, itzryzo

[Read] Ban Lengths 8 years 2 months ago #284496

• exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[Read] Ban Lengths 8 years 2 months ago #284546

Only mods follow this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by catboy sven ツ. Reason: can't spell

[Read] Ban Lengths 8 years 2 months ago #284552

This looks like a great guide for SSRP admins, and although it's pretty noticeable in the post, it would be helpful to put in the title for example [Read - SSRP] Ban Lengths or something because a lot of the stuff in this post doesn't count towards Deathrun, this is just to stop Deathrun staff clicking on this and thinking it applies to all servers without correctly reading the post.

Thanks in advance :)
  • stratiic
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • spitting in your mum's twat
  • Thanks received: 1452

[Read] Ban Lengths 8 years 2 months ago #284560

Stratiic wrote:
This looks like a great guide for SSRP admins, and although it's pretty noticeable in the post, it would be helpful to put in the title for example [Read - SSRP] Ban Lengths or something because a lot of the stuff in this post doesn't count towards Deathrun, this is just to stop Deathrun staff clicking on this and thinking it applies to all servers without correctly reading the post.

Thanks in advance :)

Deathrun skrub B)
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

[SSRP Staff Read] Ban Lengths 8 years 2 months ago #284562

I appreciate you trying to help but meh, "Disrespect is disrespect" that is not really something I agree with and I honestly don't think every Disrespectful comment should be treated the same, I mean some people find things more disrespectful than others and honestly I feel that is up to the staff to decide on what the punishment of the player should be.
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148

[SSRP Staff Read] Ban Lengths 8 years 2 months ago #284563

KapiJam wrote:
I appreciate you trying to help but meh, "Disrespect is disrespect" that is not really something I agree with and I honestly don't think every Disrespectful comment should be treated the same, I mean some people find things more disrespectful than others and honestly I feel that is up to the staff to decide on what the punishment of the player should be.

Yes, you have the decision of what punishment to give, and sure some people take offense to some things more than others, but that doesn't mean you should let emotions control your punishments harshness or length, which is the point of this thread and is something we all need to keep in mind and follow.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Morgan.

[SSRP Staff Read] Ban Lengths 8 years 2 months ago #284590

Thank you for clarifying this!

Former Admin on DarkRP
Former Bunny Hop Admin
Former #5 Top poster

[SSRP Staff Read] Ban Lengths 8 years 2 months ago #284607

Morgan wrote:
KapiJam wrote:

Yes, you have the decision of what punishment to give, and sure some people take offense to some things more than others, but that doesn't mean you should let emotions control your punishments harshness or length, which is the point of this thread and is something we all need to keep in mind and follow.

I see your point more now, I was thinking more of other people and how they get offended rather than myself. I totally agree you shouldn't rage ban someone.
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

153 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
14/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40