Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Resignation

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375295

I resigned yesterday after being given a sanction, as did the entire SSRP lead team. I don't want the reason for my resignation to be "because I did not agree with the sanction given", so I figured I would make a thread to hopefully sort any confusion out...

I would say it definitely played a part in it. The sanction was put in place I imagine, because the community team is not happy with the state of the server, understandably. The reason I disagreed with the sanction was because of the message it sent toward myself and other lead team members. I definitely can't and shouldn't speak for other people, but the way the sanction came off was as if the lack of players was somehow the fault of the lead team. Of course the satisfaction of the player base outside of dealing with reports, appeals and managing the staff is completely out of our control, this is something that is left down to the community team.

I was definitely considering resigning a week or so before the announcement of the gang limit being changed, this reason I mention this is because it was quite a prominent change and had directly affected one of my personal plans. This particular plan was to use my fully upgraded gang to invite new players in, give them money and free protection to get them into the server. I even personally went to Xnator and told him the idea in detail, to which he seemed to agree with and definitely liked the idea of. Shortly after the announcement was made which completely crippled my idea.

In general it seems that more so than recently, the decisions being made for the server are the opposite of what people are clearly asking for on an almost daily basis. I am not talking about silly suggestions like an eco reset, but there are definitely completely valid criticisms and suggestions being made, which seem to be getting outright ignored or just put to the very bottom of a priority list.

I also completely understand that, as is everyone else, I am required to get a particular amount of activity on the server every week. However, it is very difficult to get the motivation to join a server that is already struggling to see more than 4 people. Especially so when those people are normally the same people everyday, and are mostly comprising of AFK players / staff.

For those interested here is my response to the sanction and all the rest of it. I appreciate that Chute is not around at the moment for personal reasons, there is nothing you can do about that I hope he sorts out whatever he has going on. Xnator and Martin appear to be working on the next update that is in line, and Richard has evidently been put in charge of the rest of it.

SO my response to that is, I was one of the very last active people on SSRP. Whilst I totally appreciate I have not been on the server recently, why would I? There is no motivation for me to continue doing so, and every decision being made currently seems to be the opposite of what the SSRP player base wants. Whilst I am pretty indifferent to the changes being made, I am certainly for having an active server again.

The choices being made to try and bring the server back seem to consistently be the wrong choices, and the only reason this is so obvious is because you are lucky enough to have a long time player base who care enough to voice their opinion. You simply are not going to bring people back to SSRP when they have made it clear the reasons they don't want to come back. Hosting events is absolutely not going to change anyone's mind, and forcing them to base for hours when they have nothing to show for it. Raiding sort of goes in hand with the last one, because all that encourages is the arguments and toxicity that I personally believe to be *one* of the causes to the servers demise, also nobody can raid without anybody basing in case that wasn't obvious.

I understand you mean well for the community and I really unsure what seems to be preventing you from actively acknowledging the feedback you are being given, obviously it's not within your interest to "kill the community", that literally makes no sense. But you need to understand that you are not going to get your players back, if you aren't trying to actively please them by simply just listening to them. New players are certainly not going to stick around when they already see the people on the server openly talk about the problems the server has.

No amount of threat of punishment / demotion is going to get me on the server, and I am really not sure what made you think that was a good idea because it's going to do the opposite of what you hoped. This is how I imagine users are feeling when they are persistently getting given the notion of being ignored and forgotten about. I was not going to resign over lack of players or poor decision making, because at the end of the day I really fucking enjoy being a head admin and just generally being on zarp -- it does however, start to become unenjoyable when I am being made to feel like the work I have put in suddenly is of no value because I have lost interest through no fault of my own.

I don't want to be made to feel that the lack of player count is a fault of my own. Please actually consider that the state of the server is your responsibility. Our job is to ensure your staff team and players are under control, we cannot do this without players and your server cannot function without us. I completely appreciate that you are stuck in a rock and a hard place, the community is famously hard to please and it isn't hard to see that, but in this particular case you are *very* quickly running out of options.

If you want to encourage people to actually join and stay, do something that isn't forceful and instead alluring and worth spending the time to do.

Please do not try to take this as snarky or horrible, I have tried my absolute best to word this in the most inoffensive way possible because I mean well. It is just something I am very passionate about and have been for the almost 9 years since I joined the community.

Again, consider this a resignation from all of my roles.

To clarify, it is completely impossible for me to get people on when the reason they aren't coming on is because of the problems out of my control. Sure, I can help new people try to stick around, but I had already tried that and was greeted with the worst change for my situation.

Thanks for once again allowing me to be in the position of head administrator, and near enough having all the positions I had previously. I do find it very enjoyable, but I cannot find it enjoyable when they are far too many problems in my way. All I can really do is caution the community team on the effects their decisions are quite clearly having.

For those wondering "why didn't he just resign if he clearly wasn't interested any longer", the problem is that I was interested! ZARP has and always will be a very big part of who I am, given the amount of time I have dedicated to it and the friends I have made here. To see it slowly fading away is a very sad prospect to me...

I wanted to try and hang on for as long as possible, so that if by some sheer miracle people started to play again, I could hop on and help out as usual without them having to worry about the currently empty staff roster.

TL;DR -- If you cannot focus for more than 5 minutes to read the above, then clearly reading isn't your forte and maybe the next thread is more your speed.

A message to Chute:
Thank you for encouraging me to get back on the lead team and being a great friend, it was fun while it lasted and I really wish it could continue. I cannot bare to be spending more of my free time quite literally doing nothing but pray that the decisions made start becoming the correct ones. I really hope you figure out whatever it is you got going on outside of ZARP, you are a sound bloke and are one of the last people who I can imagine deserves any shit from people.

Thanks to everybody else who has made ZARP enjoyable for me. This community has for sure made a lasting impact on myself as a person and will definitely be one of those unforgettable memories, that'll live with me forever.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8582
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Nafe. Reason: Added a TL:DR
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morgan, EiPUS, OnionRings, Kemi, Lewis_is_java and 15 more...

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375296

whats this now
  • Callum.
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP
  • Fick dich Martin!
  • Thanks received: 745

Community Developer

Prophunt/TTT Server Owner
Teamspeak Head Admin
Discord Head Admin
Global Moderator
SSRP Administrator
Deathrun Moderator

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375297

Just after reading the first line, I want to clear up the fact that you weren't given a sanction by the way, I don't know who told you that you were.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375298

TheXnator wrote:
Just after reading the first line, I want to clear up the fact that you weren't given a sanction by the way, I don't know who told you that you were.

There was never any clarification from anybody that it wasn't a sanction despite two people asking if it was, that is the problem. There was also a very clear message that demotions and official warnings were going to be handed out. I will also quote you about.
we are going to have to hand out more sanctions/demotions

There was such a mixed message being given that it's no wonder myself and others thought it was a sanction and not anything else.
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 8582

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375299

good wholesome guy :( massive loss for ssrp
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3434

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375300

what an absolute unit :pray:
  • Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375301

lmao
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5656
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodka4Gaben

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375303

Real shit what happens when there is no more lead team to sanction?

Side note. Its really hard to be like HEY I REALLY WANNA PLAY SOMETHING that you have watched go to shit and no matter how hard you try to make improvements via suggestions or your time you get ignored, how can you go spend your FREE TIME (considering current staff members are not that one 24 year old weed smoking pedo without a job/education (yea you know who)) on something you simply are not enjoying. You have limited time on the planet please make sure on your deathbed you don't regret listening to xnator. Big up chute, still love him, martin in close second and EMP is still poggers.

Glory to the ZCP
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4053

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375307

damm
  • Faithful
  • Community Manager
  • That Irish guy™
  • Thanks received: 377

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375308

Watching zarp dying slowly and players fading away.. hurts
Thanks for your time Nafe, Good luck on whatever you do next
  • DoSpiiR
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yfz
  • Thanks received: 111
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375317

Yeah honestly nafe put it a nicer way than im sure most of us would have in his position. Mother fucker has clinged onto the server for dear life for years now and not given up gotta give him props.

Not even saying this to be toxic but Nafe should have been a CM over some of the last ones....
  • Shae
  • Expert Boarder
  • 在智慧宝贝的爱的纪念中:操你
  • Thanks received: 279

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375318

o7
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilentCall, TrueOverL

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375319

Xnator is expecting you to pull your weight by being the only player on the server? lol
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375321

Regardless of if you were sanctioned or not the language it sounded like to me as it was somewhat being blamed on the lead team. In my opinion though the downfall of the lead team's role on the server was when it was turned into a glorified event manager role to force events down everyone's throats. The events were fun when they had effort put into them and clearly weren't there just for a player spike. Richard did a lot of great events!

I think you came a long way from the Gamersfunhouse who first joined the community like many of us who grew up in the old ZARP environment. Hopefully one day the server will be more popular again with a thriving community, even if it's not on Garry's Mod. Thanks for all your hard work, Nafe!
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Morgan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java, xDutchCat, CEO of Business

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375322

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
o7
  • TrueOverL
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 886

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375326

its really sad to see you go man. you were one of the best people ive met on the server, i wish you luck on the next thing you want to do in your life. good luck man.
  • Preston Garvey125
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • not a ssrp admin
  • Thanks received: 37

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375327

This post speaks a thousand words. I’m just so happy that instead of thanking you the only post from the cm team is “TheXnator wrote:
” you have outlined so many reasons why people don’t play or why people don’t want to come back. But atleast we got gnar maybe he can save zarp! Thanks nafe for all the hard work you put into the server and giving so much of your free time to do the things you do. I will thank you on behalf of the community team!
  • jack bushross
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 4930
SSRP- Super Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shae, Indiana Jones, JoshuaIsGreat, Kurze, Vodka4Gaben and 3 more...

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375331

Dear Nathan, stop using meteor strikes thanks
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375340

jack bushross wrote:
This post speaks a thousand words. I’m just so happy that instead of thanking you the only post from the cm team is “TheXnator wrote:
” you have outlined so many reasons why people don’t play or why people don’t want to come back. But atleast we got gnar maybe he can save zarp! Thanks nafe for all the hard work you put into the server and giving so much of your free time to do the things you do. I will thank you on behalf of the community team!

Good point. I didn't even think about this. Not a single thank you for the hours and hours you have dedicated just a blame shift and a go fuck yourself then. How long before the rest of the lead team wakes up and realizes they don't give a fuck about them and are mugging them off lmao
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4053
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shae, jack bushross

Resignation 2 years 3 months ago #1375341

Damn it upsets me to see that you were among the most dedicated people on the community, bringing it up no matter what, always trying to spread positive energy too, i mean you always had the "troll" attitude but it was always never in bad intentions.
Despite the gamerfunhouse era, you've been a illustrious zarp member, and i haven't seen anybody give you much credit for that (yet)

I share the same feelings with you about zarp, we are not alone, many of us love zarp, i do not play anymore and i'm still on the forums always checking on what's going on, even if im a dumbass i still love zarp, and i really didn't expect you to resign like that but i understand why after what you've explained.
I thought the lead team had changed strategy, i don't want to blame anybody but i genuinely thought that the lead team would stop putting energy and efforts where it's not worth it.
For example, Xnator is making stuff that like nobody ever suggested or mentioned, i get that new stuff is necessary to keep the flow of people going on the server but it's not gonna work with zarp.

I couldn't tell how to bring players on, i'm not a pseudo-scientist or whatever, i just know one fact
spending time on something that's not worth it is really dumb man.
Anyway, it's not a thread to talk too much about all that, i just want to thank you for your efforts and i want to let you know on the behalf of the community that we will not forget your work and dedication.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodka4Gaben
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

164 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32