Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Resignation

Resignation 3 years 4 months ago #1299196

Hello,

This is my resignation post from my SSRP administrator position, I would like my rank removed for the following few reasons. Reason number one is that the bar for SSRP staff seems to be so low now, to me at least -- it's an opinion I've had since I got back into SSRP...

Reports are being created on staff for the most BASIC things, staff are being accepted out of what seems to be desperation. I completely understand the staff team is really lacking people however, we had enough before last weeks meeting, to manage just fine with the now average player count of 12 of the last month (according to the server one game tracker). Yet people are being accepted with a game time of literally 5 days or less...

I'm not being funny and I am in no way wanting to start a discussion on this because lol bad idea, but accepting people who have not played in multiple years or months who have little to no game time is a poor decision, the recent reports just prove this to be the case...

I am well aware I am not lead team and these matters should not bother me as much as I am making them out too, I just do not feel I want to be on the staff team when it's being complained about for "just doing what they want". To be fair that isn't the case, the issue to me seems to be some of the staff are doing things because they don't know particular guidelines or rules.

Reason number two! Everything about SSRP is completely fine mechanics wise to me, I genuinely have no issues with the server other than it being impossible to staff on anymore. I have yet to play the current update, I want to but I have no desire to force myself on.

The player count however, is the other reason I want to resign. On usual weeks, it is near impossible to get 20 F1's due to people barely playing. The majority of the F1's I personally get are because users are "stuck" due to the fact they are just mindlessly floating around on hoverboards, waiting for the next nuke, airdrop or zone capture...

Again I have not played since this update so that could have completely changed, the last few weeks have just completely removed any motivation for me to play though. As someone who is only able to get on after 5 UK time every day because I work full time it is near impossible for me to get 20 F1's, especially when I have other dedications such as Bhop, the wiki and the forums, as well as wanting to play other games or things away from my computer.

Reason number 3 sort of ties into reason number 2 in a sort of way. I simply feel like all I am currently doing as an administrator is handling forum reports due to not being able to get my F1's done. I do not want to be demoted for not being able to get F1's, when I am still trying to work as hard as I can on the forums doing appeals and reports. If I get some sort of confirmation that this isn't the case then fair enough, I may consider revoking -- but otherwise my mind is made up at the current point in time.

Now for the slightly ranty part, for anyone hoping for something like this, here you are:

I'd be lucky to get 20 F1's done anyway, since staff who have already met their 20 weekly quota then seem to feel the need to get as many as possible after the fact, regardless of if there are other staff online who are active and able to do the reports and still need to get 20 F1's. Perhaps they have it in their head that having more F1's than everyone else means you're better than them, which is not the case in the slightest. It just proves you've rushed your way through as many reports as you could grab rather than handling them sensibly and carefully. It's a selfish mindset, you are meant to be a team player on the staff team, not a one-man army...

This concludes my resignation / mini-rant. I will still continue to slowly work on the ZARP wiki page as much as I possibly can, I will also continue my work in other areas to the best of my ability. Thanks to Chute, EMP (in spirit), Xnator, OnionRings and Martin for being great guys and helping me where needed. Sorry if I have let you down with this resignation in any sort of way!

If you want to discuss this on Teamspeak at some point I am happy to do so...
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8582
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 350, alit, Kronen

Resignation 3 years 4 months ago #1299197

:denied:
  • Joshua
  • Thanks received: 546

Resignation 3 years 4 months ago #1299198

see you around mr fun house!

Understandable why you're leaving ssrp lol
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1739

Resignation 3 years 4 months ago #1299199

Thanks for your hard work big man Nafe!

I'll link you a banger since I'm here:
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Resignation 3 years 4 months ago #1299200

See you Nafe, thanks for your work :zarp: :clap:
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2311

Resignation 3 years 4 months ago #1299201

No Head admin rank back for nafe lad :( so sad
  • sinzz
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ! The New Sinz !
  • Thanks received: 1191

Resignation 3 years 4 months ago #1299204

oh NOES
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

Resignation 3 years 4 months ago #1299213

Must have ripped his fucking jugg suit... Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4053
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lefty.

Resignation 3 years 4 months ago #1299244

For your first point I completely agree, no matter how inneed of staff ssrp is, accepting people with a few days of activity is stupid and will lead to people abusing their powers or just mass rdming cuz they were bored.
For the second point I think staff members should definitely not grab reports the second they come, people get 100+ reports while other people play for hours and just about get 20.
And again for the third point I barely played last week since unless I focused completely on reports and not the actual game it would be hard to get a significant report count, its a lot easier to focus on discord and the forums.
Over all I more or less understand all of your reasons and hope you can still have fun in bhop and other parts of zarp.
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

The following user(s) said Thank You: alit

Resignation 3 years 4 months ago #1299269

Sad to see you go my guy however I completely understand.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

Resignation 3 years 4 months ago #1299270

Jordz wrote:
Sad to see you go my guy however I completely understand.

All of us ex staff members understand :whistle:
  • Orang3
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm orange...
  • Thanks received: 431

Max: "I will never be CM banned feel free to quote this in the future"

Resignation 3 years 4 months ago #1299317

you hate to see it man

:dry:
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1811

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Lefty..

Resignation 3 years 4 months ago #1299318

This is well written, and points out many issues with the server right now. :clap:
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 3 5 0
  • Thanks received: 104
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

148 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
5/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT