Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TTT Support for your Moderators

TTT Support for your Moderators 5 years 6 months ago #1032190

After recently playing multiple evenings with moderators only online, your moderators either aren't getting full training on use of ULX and warn systems or do not have enough power or ability to contact someone of a higher role when a serious issue arises.

It also appears that there is a serious lack of trust between ranks and due to limitations placed on the moderator rank people are allowed to get away with continuous targeted offenses with moderators unable to ban and/or contact someone in a position to do so, this can put a lot of stress and make your moderators regret their decision on joining your staff; it also not only ruins their days and makes them want to stop playing it also affects other players as well who are trying to play normally.

I would highly suggest implementing a system or a method to see which staff are available on steam so mods can contact people with power or giving them a bit more power such as 1 day bans to prevent this from happening.

Regards,
TheNumbers
  • TheNumbers
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Login or register to post a reply.

TTT Support for your Moderators 5 years 6 months ago #1032193

The issue is not that mods do not have the power to ask for other staff, we have a staff discord now so its easier than its ever been. The issue is more that a lot of the time there are no staff to actually help them due to many reasons. As for them not bring able to handle situations due to lack of power 4 warnings is all it takes to get someone autobanned.

The moderator role is fine as it is and will never recieve any form of ban command. Staff need time to fully understand how to do their job and how to handle users and situations before being given that power.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Miia.

TTT Support for your Moderators 5 years 6 months ago #1032198

Oh I agree, but even then people aren't always going to be on discord and some will be on but won't respond, warn bans doesn't prevent alt accounting and also some people may have issues when under stress utilising the ulx or command warns at the right time, such cases as imitation and naming issues also instant banable offences such as hacking or mass rdm +ltap
  • TheNumbers
  • Fresh Boarder

TTT Support for your Moderators 5 years 6 months ago #1032199

TheNumbers wrote:
warn bans doesn't prevent alt accounting
there is an automatic system that checks for alt accounts being used to ban evade, if it proves positive then the account is permanently banned by the console. So no, ban evading isn't really a problem unless they purchase a new gmod, as the system works by checking family shared accounts.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by eddie..

TTT Support for your Moderators 5 years 6 months ago #1032203

It isn't unusual for people to have alt steam accounts and copies of games especially when the price of them isn't overly high and a lot of people get gifted it or purchase multiple copies to laugh around on or hack
  • TheNumbers
  • Fresh Boarder

TTT Support for your Moderators 5 years 6 months ago #1032221

Eddie. wrote:
TheNumbers wrote:
there is an automatic system that checks for alt accounts being used to ban evade, if it proves positive then the account is permanently banned by the console. So no, ban evading isn't really a problem unless they purchase a new gmod, as the system works by checking family shared accounts.

Nah, at least on TTT there is no auto ban system for ban evading.

@TheNumbers: 5 minutes after Conor put a request for an Admin+ to come on the server I responded and came on so I don't see a problem with Mods not beeing able to get someone to help out.

I also don't get what you're on about with 'serious lack of trust between the ranks' tbh.

About the trainings: for my part I can say that I take my time for this and go through every single ULX command & menu with new Mods but I can't speak for other SAs.
  • House
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The best thing on Earth? Coffee.
  • Thanks received: 541

⚕ former TTT Server Owner ⚕
⚕ former Surf Administrator ⚕
⚕ former SSRP Moderator ⚕
⚕ former TeamSpeak3 staff ⚕
⚕ former Forum staff ⚕

Add me on Steam!

#uzi4CM
The following user(s) said Thank You: eddie.

TTT Support for your Moderators 5 years 6 months ago #1032288

I actually found it harder to be staff as moderator than as admin because of me not having the ban command and wanted to become admin as fast as i could because of that. There are ways to work around it but like you said it does put a lot of stress under the moderator that is there especially if they are the only staff on. I would of came on to assist but this was late in the night for me so i would of being unable to. However when it comes to people ban evading and such staff members would just check with the sharing check then if it says they aren't ban evading then staff members assume that the person is not. I have a way of catching ban evaders in my own way which has worked so far but rest of the staff members were not aware as they used sharing check only which will not work for certain types of ban evasion.
  • Jax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That's the way it is.
  • Thanks received: 294

Ranks I had: TTT Super admin x1, TTT Admin x5, Murder Admin x1, Prophunt Admin x1

TTT Support for your Moderators 5 years 6 months ago #1032384

House wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
TheNumbers wrote:

Nah, at least on TTT there is no auto ban system for ban evading.

@TheNumbers: 5 minutes after Conor put a request for an Admin+ to come on the server I responded and came on so I don't see a problem with Mods not beeing able to get someone to help out.

I also don't get what you're on about with 'serious lack of trust between the ranks' tbh.

About the trainings: for my part I can say that I take my time for this and go through every single ULX command & menu with new Mods but I can't speak for other SAs.

This wasn't just regarding the incident with Conor, and he was saying for at least 20 minutes+ he couldn't get hold of someone, and regards to trust in a case where a person has given multiple warnings and may be new the reason to it may not always be clear but this shouldn't mean you cant act upon banning or harsher warns etc.because they either forgot to warn them or are having issues with the commands or menu at the time, you should trust your mods and also ask them what has happened then act not just wait til the offender continues before acting. This is just my opinion and advice from a veteren player and ex admin to the server.
  • TheNumbers
  • Fresh Boarder
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

154 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47