Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Yes or no

Yes 6 46.2%
No 7 53.8%
Total number of voters: 13 ( To Be Continued, Nafe, SorIe, Pegasus, Blocked ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: [Server suggestion] Semi vanilla SSRP

[Server suggestion] Semi vanilla SSRP 6 years 11 months ago #632854

This is merely a rough idea post, of course things throughout the post are subject to change if it gets enough support and ideas, if you are about to make a critical reply please make sure you read the entire post, thanks in advance.

I've had this idea ever since I started playing SSRP a week ago, which is in all honesty, a pure mess, roleplay shouldn't even be in the title, it's pretty much a run and gun simulator, run around, shoot a few people, maybe shout down your mic a few times, other than that, the server has no substance in terms of proper gameplay or how it's meant to be, no one even bases anymore, and for good reasons, you can pretty much craft a remover tool, plus everyone is already too rich to base anymore, there is no middle ground in terms of economy, you're either filthy rich and you don't base anymore, or you are quite new and you get destroyed by people who have a scope boost and fuck knows what else, which means you instantly leave the server, I'm simply making this post in hopes of bringing back a server I used to love and enjoy, a server I could see myself spending 12 hours a day on without any issues of me being bored.

Server Name:
It's a suggestion for a new server, the name can be decided later on.

Suggestion Title:
Changing one of the three SSRP servers to a semi-vanilla server, what I mean by semi-vanilla is as follows, keep in mind it is subject to change based on the replies and feedback.

Everyone starts fresh for starters, no matter the amount of money you had on the other servers, you'll start with 5,000-25,000 on this one, no exceptions, no items, no nothing.
Gangs and their upgrades stay, maybe making them harder to achieve, but all in all this keeps competitiveness between gangs alive and is a good feature
Map should be decided by the community in my opinion, possibly Evilmelon, Evocity, Townsend, no Rockford as it is too big of a map and basically kills the purpose of making this server in the first place.
No blueprints, No gencorp, no suits that teleport, no printers that give you 1 mil every 5 minutes, nothing that breaks the economy in a matter of hours.
Bank Robberies stay as they are, however since Blueprint cases are not a thing, a Bank Robbery should only give money, and the amount of money should be based on how the economy will be set up
Cars stay as they are, except for the ones you get through a blueprint/gencorp addon.
Just to expand a bit on the printer subject, the VIP printers should be the best printers, which gives people incentive to buy VIP, rest get Topaz and other stuff.
A Booster Pack stays as it is, no blueprint case of course, but everything stays the same, maybe lower the cash reward to 500k to ensure that the economy doesn't get too inflated by those who buy too many.
The M9K pack stays as it is, same with the crafting and mining system, which should render the Oribtal Strike the most powerful craftable on the server
TL;DR: Late 2014 SSRP, where M9K was the new hot shit and orbital strikes were 50mil a piece, while still keeping some features from the newer updates to ensure the gameplay doesn't get stale real fast.

How would it benefit the community:

Bringing Back Proper Roleplay
In other terms, giving every job a purpose in the server, which means people can be Gun Dealers, Hotel Owners, etc, and not worry about whether or not they serve a proper purpose on the server, through balancing job income a bit, which can be done by removing the extremely overpowered printers and other shenanigans.

Be Gone, Stale Gameplay
The gameplay is quite stale as of right now, there's no denying, it's basically a glorified Cops vs. Gangsters TDM, pretty much nothing to do on the server because of how most dedicated players have already reached god knows what amount of money, and new players have no place in the server because of how hard it is to set up a base and actually make money, they can go Cop or something to try make some money, but chances are because of how everything is set up they'll get bored quite quickly and leave.

Justify Purchasing VIP
Do me a favor and go check out the VIP tab, take a look at the benefits and try and convince me or anyone else that the so called "benefits" cannot be easily surpassed with the craftable stuff right now that you can get cheaply, whether it's Master Thief's Pro Lockpick being surpassed by a Diamond Lockpick which costs 750k total, or the VIP printers surpassed by the god knows what other printers there is, VIP is basically useless SSRP wise, except for getting a job slot and possibly the inventory weight, which honestly isn't that big of a deal seeing how RP is on the server.

Less Taxing Performance Wise
Not everyone has the money to buy an extremely powerful gaming PC, including myself, mine is honestly mediocre, but others may struggle trying to play SSRP based on the state of the server right now, everybody knows that if you're getting less than 60FPS and trying to play properly, you won't have fun, a server with less addons will give players with low tier PC's a better experience.

Give Old Players a Reason to Play
Most old and dedicated players including myself have reached end game meaning they have a load of money and can buy anything they want which isn't as great as many expect, they either become a staff member or just stick around with no purpose on the server, I've heard many of the old players wanting an economy reset, or a general reset for all players so they can start from zero and have fun once more, and adding a fresh Semi-Vanilla server should help achieve that.

Potential Issues/Exploits:

Difficult to Implement
Seeing as I have never seen the way the server itself is coded or how the addons are implemented, it may be tough to single out some of the features in the last few updates and implement them in a much older update, I honestly have very basic knowledge of how this works, therefore I won't assume how easy or hard it should be to implement the features I have aforementioned.

Database Complications
With what I am suggestion right now, there might be database complications seeing as how there would be 2 normal servers and 1 semi-vanilla server, with each server having its own database, this might cause problems for the lead team in terms of how things are stored, as of right now, all your items are linked on all three servers, however if it was 2 similar servers and 1 different server, it may be harder to link stuff or in other words, give each server its own database without causing problems.

Difficult to Maintain
With the way the servers are right now, all 3 are on the same page in terms of rules, database, staff members, and whatnot, if there a server on a different page, it may be much more difficult to maintain it, seeing as it may not be a derivative of the other servers in terms of rules and staff members.

EMP instantly locking this thread and telling me to make the server on my own
Which is basically a huge fuck you to me and the amount of effort I've placed in this thread, EMP, pls no.

Additional notes:
I've looked over the gametrackers on all three servers and it seems like Server 2 is the least popular server, barely breaking the 30 player mark throughout the past month, if the lead team were to agree to this idea and go through with it, or should they be conflicted as to which server they should choose, it should honestly be the Rockford server, seeing as it already the least popular one.

Should an issue arise where no one is willing to help maintain and manage the server, I would be more than happy to step forward and help out as much as I am able if given the chance.

I've made this at 2AM in the morning after a very long and stressful day, apologies for any grammar mistakes and lack of fluency in the post in general, I look forward to hearing both your feedbacks and opinions. Credits to blocked
  • Hamzah
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ayy
  • Thanks received: 390
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Hamzah.
Login or register to post a reply.

Semi vanilla suggestion thread, 6 years 11 months ago #632859

Mate chill ok everyone chill it's not gonna happen esp has explained every inch of it dude just chill
  • Grumpex
  • Junior Boarder
  • A Kid Thats It
  • Thanks received: 10

Semi vanilla suggestion thread, 6 years 11 months ago #632861

We're looking forward to the suggestion. However the Vanilla server you are suggesting was known for being notoriously difficult for making money with the only real way being skillful at basing or raiding.

Since then we had added a huge variety of ways to make money and unlock rare items from the Daily Objectives to the Shop system to the National Bank, Bank Raids and so much more. All of these by the way suggested by fellow players such as you on these very forums.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5066
The following user(s) said Thank You: EMP, Roy Harper

Semi vanilla suggestion thread, 6 years 11 months ago #632866

If you refer to how the server was in around 2015, with no suits and no afk mining, then I +support this. I like all the explosives we have now (Not thermals), it makes it risky to do raids and such, however with suits it's less risky as you can play it very safe and easily keep your explosives.
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569

Semi vanilla ssrp suggestion thread, 6 years 11 months ago #632867

Do you want to abandon this thread, or should I give you the BBCode for that last thread
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Semi vanilla ssrp suggestion thread, 6 years 11 months ago #632868

@sorle, id like the bb code
  • Hamzah
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ayy

Semi vanilla ssrp suggestion thread, 6 years 11 months ago #632869

Hamzah wrote:
ill get it for you now and edit my post asap

make sure to credit blocked for the original thread and me for the recreated bbcode tho
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Semi vanilla ssrp suggestion thread, 6 years 11 months ago #632870

Sorle wrote:
Hamzah wrote:
ill get it for you now and edit my post asap

make sure to credit blocked for the original thread and me for the recreated bbcode tho

Will do.
  • Hamzah
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ayy

[Server suggestion] Semi vanilla SSRP 6 years 11 months ago #632886

why don't they use the FP server for this? since it's been sitting there for god knows how long empty for no reason, and it seems like the "FP update" ain't coming
  • Fantasy
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 193

Semi vanilla suggestion thread, 6 years 11 months ago #632893

Chuteuk wrote:
We're looking forward to the suggestion. However the Vanilla server you are suggesting was known for being notoriously difficult for making money with the only real way being skillful at basing or raiding.

Since then we had added a huge variety of ways to make money and unlock rare items from the Daily Objectives to the Shop system to the National Bank, Bank Raids and so much more. All of these by the way suggested by fellow players such as you on these very forums.
I believe we just don't want the suits and the other strong special weapons such as the Hand Cannon. Not a bad idea to keep the bank raids, daily objectives etc as long as they don't reward too much. Not only that, it would be really cool if the new server had a whole new economy (a new database, nothing carried over from the three servers) so everyone was on a fresh start and needed somewhere to start.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9549
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Clarky.

Semi vanilla suggestion thread, 6 years 11 months ago #632904

What we need to see here is a proper plan like Jailbreak, Prop Hunt and Basewars have had. There is no mention of who will be coding for the server, who will be presenting to the CM team, who will be managing rules, the launch etc? This is a big job and would require an experienced developer and a strong staff team. This question and many more would need to be answered.
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5066
The following user(s) said Thank You: EMP, DEADMONSTOR, Roy Harper, TheXnator, Raifster123 and 1 more...

[Server suggestion] Semi vanilla SSRP 6 years 11 months ago #632937

Everyones who want to see this suggestion added, read this thread.

If the owners add a Semi vanilla SSRP, every peoples who wish this will play this new SSRP but, the money would be really dificult to make and peoples are gonna be bored of that like many ZARP members about FP servers. (sorry Chute & EMP)
And i personally think that a new server is enough for that moment.
If you guys, are bored about ZARP SSRP's go play TTT,Murder,Bhop and more.
Conclusion:
If a vanilla server will be added, the server will be like, 2/90 players and everyones will care about this server after 2weeks released, that's gonna be like FP servers :/
Hours Hours and Hours for a server with no players, that's a waste of time and a stupid risk.

[Server suggestion] Semi vanilla SSRP 6 years 11 months ago #632999

I feel like at the most add some items to make it feel more vanilla.
  • Patriot
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Freedom is the sovereign right of every American.
  • Thanks received: 283

[Server suggestion] Semi vanilla SSRP 6 years 11 months ago #633098

ToBeHonest wrote:
Everyones who want to see this suggestion added, read this thread.

If the owners add a Semi vanilla SSRP, every peoples who wish this will play this new SSRP but, the money would be really dificult to make and peoples are gonna be bored of that like many ZARP members about FP servers. (sorry Chute & EMP)
And i personally think that a new server is enough for that moment.
If you guys, are bored about ZARP SSRP's go play TTT,Murder,Bhop and more.
Conclusion:
If a vanilla server will be added, the server will be like, 2/90 players and everyones will care about this server after 2weeks released, that's gonna be like FP servers :/
Hours Hours and Hours for a server with no players, that's a waste of time and a stupid risk.
It was very easy to make money on FP if you knew what you were doing, what do you mean tf?
  • Sora-
  • Legendary Member
  • Capsule Corp.
  • Thanks received: 625

[Server suggestion] Semi vanilla SSRP 6 years 11 months ago #633147

bad bad bad idea !
  • Katje
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 844

[Server suggestion] Semi vanilla SSRP 6 years 11 months ago #633173

I like the current zarp it rewards you when you make money cus you can get a suit with the money- plus I love all the custom things and I want there to be more
  • Dozie69
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • lol
  • Thanks received: 9

Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

272 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun