Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608511

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THINGS I'VE ENCOUNTERED AND SHOULD BE FIXED
The server is messed up, either by staff or players and other game mechanics that I, personally, think should be fixed.

1. The staff. I've seen 3 admins so far being VERY BAD and really not helpful at all, which I have videos of.

The first video is of the admin "L4GY" and another admin which I do not know the name of, and basically there was a car with people in it who were CDM'ing people in spawn and playing ear rape. L4GY saw it happen but did nothing other than telling them to stop playing ear rape. Another admin brought one of them away but didn't help, and none of them got a warning, kick or ban.
The video is here:

The second video is of when I saw this guy named "Xeronise" just shooting into spawn and killing cops for no apparent reason, he hit me although probably crossfire. I called for help and an admin arrived but instead of warning the guy just randomly shooting into spawn he warned the cops trying TO STOP THE RDM'ER. One of the cops was killed for no reason even (0:22, the police chief). I then asked the admin, called "#windows" why he didn't stop the mass RDM'er and he said "The physgun is buggy"... and then he went speechless and AFK.
The video is here:

2. Jobs. Why do you need to vote to be a certain job? Mayor is understandable, even Police Chief but normal jobs? You have to be lucky to become a job because some vote "No" just because they don't care and it's just dumb, meaning more people stay Citizen and just leave because they don't get a chance to roleplay.

This is for Gangster job too, why is there a limit? This leaves more people as Citizen since Gangster is one of the only jobs where you can base and print (except a few, yes) but mostly people go Gangster to base and get money and have fun. I think this is why there is a lot of people being Citizen and also AFK in spawn.

NOTE: I know not all Admins and mods are bad but seriously, when admins don't care about rule breakers then the community is broken and people will only play to kill and won't get a chance to actually roleplay.

This server is more Deathmatch than it is RolePlay.
  • Simon Smith
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Swedish
Login or register to post a reply.

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608514

Who were these bad admins?
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608524

You are quite smart arnt you?
The rules allow me yo kill police that try to arrest me, as you see I was wanted and the prison guard came right at me with an arrest batton and the only thing I could think off was him trying to arrest me. I was killing the police as they were all nlriong and trying to arrest me. Your video only shows what happened after they all started to nlr.
  • Xeronise
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • sadboys best gang ♿♿
  • Thanks received: 1539

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608537

Xeronise your sarcasm is noted and from what it looked like you were trying to RDM them, and by your logic if I see someone with a gun walking towards me I can kill him because oh he has a gun and he MIGHT kill me?

The admin, #windows even said himself that he tried to freeze you but "physgun is buggy".
  • Simon Smith
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Swedish

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608551

There is no fucking sarcasm, I am allowed to kill police that try to arrest me, if someone runs up to me with an arrest baton, whilst im wanted, they are most likely trying to arrest me, unless they are corrupt and dont do their job.
  • Xeronise
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • sadboys best gang ♿♿
  • Thanks received: 1539

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608596

All of these arguments seem pretty silly, they fail purely for the fact you mention roleplay - by the way I like the second video, that admin sit was very entertaining.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8580
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608600

Stolen
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
Last Edit: 7 years 3 days ago by DEADMONSTOR.

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608601

• OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 5656

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608607

Grand Wizowd wrote:
All of these arguments seem pretty silly, they fail purely for the fact you mention roleplay - by the way I like the second video, that admin sit was very entertaining.
Thanks to you lmao
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4697
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608655

Xeronise, "You are quite smart arnt you?" Not sarcasm?

And everyone else, do you really want to play where people fuck around more than they RP? If so don't call this a RP server since it's clearly fucking deathmatch.
  • Simon Smith
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Swedish

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608659

Simon Smith wrote:
Xeronise, "You are quite smart arnt you?" Not sarcasm?

And everyone else, do you really want to play where people fuck around more than they RP? If so don't call this a RP server since it's clearly fucking deathmatch.
Welcome to the community, this is MineRP and I'm your host for today's show
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Smith

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608679

Can You Also Notice My 2nd Suggestion?
Instead of focusing on the first one.

Simon Smith wrote:
2. Jobs. Why do you need to vote to be a certain job? Mayor is understandable, even Police Chief but normal jobs? You have to be lucky to become a job because some vote "No" just because they don't care and it's just dumb, meaning more people stay Citizen and just leave because they don't get a chance to roleplay.

This is for Gangster job too, why is there a limit? This leaves more people as Citizen since Gangster is one of the only jobs where you can base and print (except a few, yes) but mostly people go Gangster to base and get money and have fun. I think this is why there is a lot of people being Citizen and also AFK in spawn.
  • Simon Smith
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Swedish

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608708

If we take them to a roof and warn them/ ban them doesnt mean that they will stop rulebreaking. Instead of reporting this to the forums you could've actually reported it via the F1 menu, we dont know what happens on the server 24/7
The second video is of when I saw this guy named "Xeronise" just shooting into spawn and killing cops for no apparent reason, he hit me although probably crossfire. I called for help and an admin arrived but instead of warning the guy just randomly shooting into spawn he warned the cops trying TO STOP THE RDM'ER. One of the cops was killed for no reason even (0:22, the police chief). I then asked the admin, called "#windows" why he didn't stop the mass RDM'er and he said "The physgun is buggy"... and then he went speechless and AFK.
First of all, he wasnt rdming the cops, he was protecting himself which is allowed, all of the cops were breaking nlr which isnt allowed which resulted in a warning and a mute for a cop that started being racist and one told me to kms. And the physgun is "buggy" i said that because when i tried to grab someone it would grab someone else because like 10 people came just to watch but they got infront of my physgun beam meaning that i grabbed them
This is for Gangster job too, why is there a limit?
There is a limit so you buy VIP, if there were no limits nobody would buy VIP or boosterpacks the server would have to shutdown.
This leaves more people as Citizen since Gangster is one of the only jobs where you can base and print (except a few, yes)
Almost Every job except for police can base and print, the only limits are raiding, mugging or growing drugs
  • Windows
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life isn’t a destination, it’s hell
  • Thanks received: 963
Last Edit: 7 years 3 days ago by Windows.

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608776

L4GY is a gang not an user/admin. Fix this.
  • JoeSweeney
  • Senior Boarder
  • Resigned Deathrun Admin
  • Thanks received: 67

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608838

Windows wrote:
If we take them to a roof and warn them/ ban them doesnt mean that they will stop rulebreaking. Instead of reporting this to the forums you could've actually reported it via the F1 menu, we dont know what happens on the server 24/7
Then how do you stop rulebreakers? Do you just let them break rules? No, if they don't stop breaking the rules after being told NOT to you BAN them. Not hard. Every RP server does this, should be the same here.
And that admin, who was Quakhead, not L4GY, saw the car killing several people and playing ear rape but did NOTHING to stop them except saying ONCE that they should stop playing ear rape.

I DID make an F1 about Xeronise doing this, and in the first video about the car there were 2 ADMINS who SAW them doing this so I thought I didn't need to do a report since they SAW them BREAKING RULES.
Windows wrote:
There is a limit so you buy VIP, if there were no limits nobody would buy VIP or boosterpacks the server would have to shutdown.
So 16/128 players can be Gangsters, one of the most popular jobs in all of DarkRP unless they buy VIP for $20?
How much does it cost to run this server? Because more people would buy VIP if it cost $10 or 5$, this tactic is used by Supermarkets.
Instead of having like 20 people buying a $20 VIP you can have almost everyone buying VIP for $10 or $5. $15 would be better, too.
Windows wrote:
Almost Every job except for police can base and print, the only limits are raiding, mugging or growing drugs
I've been playing RP on Gmod for many many hours, around 1.5k Hours over the course of many years but I've never seen a server EXCEPT for PERP that allows Citizens to print/grow drugs. I know this server used to be Perp back in 2013 (I was here then too), but I have never seen a DarkRP server that allows Citizens to do any kind of illegal stuff.
JoeSweeney wrote:
L4GY is a gang not an user/admin. Fix this.
The admins name was "Quakhead".
  • Simon Smith
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Swedish

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608856

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

You really like complaining don't you, you joined a custom DarkRP server so expect things to be different.
For one, rather than making a suggestion to "Fix the server" how about you report the admins who you love call-out; blaming the "problems" on an admin that may not have seen/ignored a rule break is stupid.
Being admin for a while I can tell you that you don't see every rule break, you walk past and someone gets shot but unless you saw the entire altercation then you can't do much.

Secondly, about VIP it keeps the server up, same with boosterpacks, if people had no incentive the vast majority wouldn't buy it.
Reducing the price of VIP will have little to no effect, $5 doesn't make a whole lot of different; the idea of VIP isn't to make everyone have it. There needs to be a balance between affordability and it's usefulness to the server's owners (hence the $20 price)
Not to include the price of developing regular updates with new content, you probably haven't been around for long enough to see this but there are lots of changes (as controversial as they may be)

And thirdly, the job system may not be the typical "RP", but again you joined a Custom server so expect differences.
Job limits are in place to one stop abuse by normal players; job limits with jobs such as miners "helps" with the variety of the server but the job limits also encourage people to purchase VIP.

Stop trying to point out all the "issues" with the server and address them 1 by 1.
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Harper

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608869

I suggest we delete the servers to fix the problems
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4697
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Harper

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608871

Gg
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1225
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

[FIX SERVER] Server Suggestions 7 years 3 days ago #608885

Jenga wrote:
You really like complaining don't you, you joined a custom DarkRP server so expect things to be different.
I don't like complaining but I do complain when there is something that should be fixed, and that is mostly my opinion not just a fact, there's something called constructive criticism. Most DarkRP servers are generally the same except for some few parts. I don't like getting RDM'd and CDM'd just for the rule breaker to be let off without any sort of punishment (If you've seen the videos...). That makes players want to leave.
Jenga wrote:
For one, rather than making a suggestion to "Fix the server" how about you report the admins who you love call-out; blaming the "problems" on an admin that may not have seen/ignored a rule break is stupid.
In the first video you see 2 admins watching a car driving around playing Ear Rape and killing people in the Spawn Area, and they did nearly NOTHING to stop them. They did not get any sort of punishment in form of a Warning, kick or Ban.
Wow, seeing rule breakers being able to do what they want REALLY makes you want to play, dont it? Not being able to RP is fun! Think.

And I did report, in the second video you see / hear a guy TELEPORTING to me only to not question what my problem was and instead just ignore me. Well, that's awesome that Admins want to hear what the players has to say...
Jenga wrote:
Being admin for a while I can tell you that you don't see every rule break, you walk past and someone gets shot but unless you saw the entire altercation then you can't do much.
Being admin on many RP servers for many hours I can tell you that I can fly around the whole map and catch tons of rule breakers and be able to deal with sits, trust me. It's not hard if you're motivated and want to help players, but if you don't care about player and if you're Biased you only care for people you know / org members. If you get a report of someone getting randomly shot, and the accused says they didn't, try to "force" it out of them(If you think they're lying), reversed pshycology. An experiended Admin / Mod knows how to do this.

I can tell you I wouldn't care if it was my best friend or total random, a rule break is a rule break and is punished the same for everyone. That's, how a good Admin / Mod should be.
Jenga wrote:
Secondly, about VIP it keeps the server up, same with boosterpacks, if people had no incentive the vast majority wouldn't buy it.
Reducing the price of VIP will have little to no effect, $5 doesn't make a whole lot of different; the idea of VIP isn't to make everyone have it. There needs to be a balance between affordability and it's usefulness to the server's owners (hence the $20 price)
Not to include the price of developing regular updates with new content, you probably haven't been around for long enough to see this but there are lots of changes (as controversial as they may be)
This I can understand why but it's not too good to make the server playable by having to buy VIP, not everyone can afford it, leaving more players bored. Either add interesting jobs that someone who can't afford VIP can enjoy, that way people like me won't complain.

Alternatively you could increase the amount of Gangsters for non-VIP's and create more jobs that only people with VIP can have, like another sort of Gangster that spawns with better stuff and cooler gear. That way people will still buy VIP to become these other jobs. I wouldn't pay 20$ just to become Gangster.
Jenga wrote:
And thirdly, the job system may not be the typical "RP", but again you joined a Custom server so expect differences.
Job limits are in place to one stop abuse by normal players; job limits with jobs such as miners "helps" with the variety of the server but the job limits also encourage people to purchase VIP.

Again, I know the server is different and that it's good but you can't be too different. The way Admins behave should always be the same, as in no Admin should be Biased and should LIKE being Admin, after all that's why they are Admin.

I don't see how Job Limits can be abused by normal players other than just hogging the Gangster Spot, and I can understand the variety of jobs split between all players and why that would give a reason to buy VIP, hell you almost convinced me. But you still shouldn't Limit normal players, running an RP server should not be made just for money but for wanting to have a place for people to RP. If you make a server just to earn money then it's not fun to play if everything is limited for normal players like me.

That's like playing a Demo for a game, "You could do ALL OF THIS, BUT you will need to pay for the full game to experience it". We all already paid for GMod. If the server is running low of people buying VIP then add more interesting VIP Only content such as Jobs or Weapons that only VIP people can craft or certain cars and what not.

Just to say what I think is most important again is to NOT limit normal players on what they can do just because they don't want to or cannot afford VIP.
  • Simon Smith
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Swedish
Last Edit: 7 years 3 days ago by Simon Smith. Reason: Grammar correction
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

208 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40