Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Rule Change

[TTT] Rule Change 7 years 3 months ago #465384

[Server name]: ZARP TTT

[Suggestion Title]: Life Checks

[How it would benefit the server]: So what I mean by this suggestion is that it would change the way that lifechecks can be used and stop them from being abused(cheeky rhyme there ;)) anyway what I mean by this is that I have received reports of many innocents and ADMINS who have called a lifecheck without making sure everyone in the server understands it, then they go on a MASSIVE killing spree because no one either saw/heard it or does not even know what it means, I wont mention any names of staff but what I am proposing is that when a lifecheck is called it should only allowed to be called by a DETECTIVE with a minimum of 30 seconds so that mass rdm(pretty much what lifechecks are nowadays) can be stopped. This is an issue because this way as the rule currently is, people can call short timed life checks which some people who either don't know what one is or hasn't responded in chat(Which you have to do, you cannot answer on by speaking which is dumb) and then those people can go on a massive killing spree without staff punishing them

Basically I'm asking for a most enforced life check rule that should also be explained when the lifecheck is given out and thanks to UZI's bind tool he made DETECTIVES can do this from a press of a button and once people understand it then no more killing spree's should occur.

[Potential issues/exploits]: None

[Extra information]: N/A
  • Liamkis123
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 85
Ex - TTT Super Admin
Ex - TS3 Staff
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Rule Change 7 years 3 months ago #465400

They should be allowed to be called by anyone, if detectives die.
There isn't really an issue with people calling lifechecks as all you have to do is open chat and type something (though many people don't realise that you need to respond to them in text chat)
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[TTT] Rule Change 7 years 3 months ago #465412

TheXnator wrote:
They should be allowed to be called by anyone, if detectives die.
There isn't really an issue with people calling lifechecks as all you have to do is open chat and type something (though many people don't realise that you need to respond to them in text chat)

Hmmmmm, an ADMIN quick to jump on my request for a rule change about life checks even though they cause mass rdm prerrty much, I wonder who I was on about in the post...
  • Liamkis123
  • Senior Boarder
Ex - TTT Super Admin
Ex - TS3 Staff

[TTT] Rule Change 7 years 3 months ago #465414

Last time I was on TTT alive checks were called at start of rounds just so people could kill those who didn't respond most of the time it was the afks and people who alt tabbed and hadn't noticed the last round finished.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3527

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge

[TTT] Rule Change 7 years 3 months ago #465419

Sally wrote:
Last time I was on TTT alive checks were called at start of rounds just so people could kill those who didn't respond most of the time it was the afks and people who alt tabbed and hadn't noticed the last round finished.

Life checks at the start of a round are pointless and shouldn't really be done, but if you have been on recently you may have seen the issue I have talked about
  • Liamkis123
  • Senior Boarder
Ex - TTT Super Admin
Ex - TS3 Staff

[TTT] Rule Change 7 years 3 months ago #466003

:plussp:
I don't like life checks AT ALL, it makes no sence. Why should you be allowed to kill a person for not saying he's alive? I know a lot of people but only one admin who abuse this system. They litterally say "Life check" when there are about 18 people alive just to kill some random people.
  • Luki_Guki
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • guy
  • Thanks received: 1394
Fuck off Luki, why do you have to do this ear rape type beat to my homie EMP.. he JOINED YOUR CHANNEL just for you, and you welcome him like that ? come on bro, have some respect to the big ballers man, and when i say big ballers, i don't mean it in weight. He actually lost 250 pounds,

[TTT] Rule Change 7 years 3 months ago #466005

While getting caught off-guard by a life check can be a pain in the ass, you only really have yourself to blame if the players puts a message in chat like anybody else would. It's just our own ignorance at the end of the day.

However I feel a minimum time requirement would be beneficial as it would deter people from using stupid times and it would make our lives easier should we have to punish people. For example, I've been told to get tested within five seconds or I'd be killed when I was on the other side of the map. It would allow people to actually use their brains and would (potentially) increase the chances of people noticing it before they are killed.

In my opinion, 30 seconds is a tad too much. 15-20 is decent. If you don't notice it in that time, then you really aren't paying attention.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

[TTT] Rule Change 7 years 3 months ago #466008

In my opinion. The solution to this problem would be not being able to call a lifecheck if there are more than 5 Alive people showing on the Leaderboard and it should not be allowed to call a lifecheck without explaining it.

For example what should be allowed: Lifecheck! -Type something in the chat fast or else i will have to kill you!-
What should not be allowed: Lifecheck

About the Detectives... no. That's doesn't help. Because if someone is a Detective that doesn't mean that he is not able to call a lifecheck at the first seconds of the round and kill everyone who doesn't respond. Also innocents should be able to call a lifecheck because at the end of the round (when it's needed to check who is alive) most likely the Detective is going to be dead and the remaining innocents will have a problem knowing who is alive or not.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life's Good! Do more of what makes you Happy :D
  • Thanks received: 538
Click the image below to add me on Steam!

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

«Μια καλή μαλακια είναι ίσον με τρία καλά γαμησια» Στεφανος Χίος 2019 μ.Χ.

[TTT] Rule Change 7 years 3 months ago #466015

Johnler wrote:
In my opinion. The solution to this problem would be not being able to call a lifecheck if there are more than 5 Alive people showing on the Leaderboard and it should not be allowed to call a lifecheck without explaining it.

For example what should be allowed: Lifecheck! -Type something in the chat fast or else i will have to kill you!-
What should not be allowed: Lifecheck

About the Detectives... no. That's doesn't help. Because if someone is a Detective that doesn't mean that he is not able to call a lifecheck at the first seconds of the round and kill everyone who doesn't respond. Also innocents should be able to call a lifecheck because at the end of the round (when it's needed to check who is alive) most likely the Detective is going to be dead and the remaining innocents will have a problem knowing who is alive or not.

:plussp:
Now this is something that will work.
  • Luki_Guki
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • guy
  • Thanks received: 1394
Fuck off Luki, why do you have to do this ear rape type beat to my homie EMP.. he JOINED YOUR CHANNEL just for you, and you welcome him like that ? come on bro, have some respect to the big ballers man, and when i say big ballers, i don't mean it in weight. He actually lost 250 pounds,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnler
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

235 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop