Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP] Economy Reset

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361353

Do you think that there should be an economy reset for Zarp?

I must not be the only one who agrees that the economy of Zarp is a complete and utter disaster that is now run by the few who are absolutely minted. The problem I see is that new players stand absolutely no chance to the already wealthy players who can just walk one step and shoot an explosive to destroy a base, leads to the new players leaving in seconds.

I just feel like the atmosphere of Zarp has depleted. And no, I'm not butt hurt that I'm poor because I'm not.

Here's a poll link:

www.strawpoll.me/10826165

Regards,
Rayyan.
  • Rayyan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361358

I 100000000% think you say this because you're poor.

If you had alot of money, you wouldn't care like the majority of others.
  • Sonzy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 570

Ex-Deathrun Moderator
Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Minigames Moderator

"Perp advertiser"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Want

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361362

:minussp:
no thanks, I've worked hard on my cash
  • el une spodermun
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ex retard
  • Thanks received: 1318
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by el une spodermun.

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361364

I have well over 400m spread across 3 different accounts.
  • Rayyan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361366

The special items should increase invalue meaning that items such as milkors are harder to get because you need more money to pay for them. This would then increase basing on all 3 server since they then would not been blown up as easy.
  • trojanfear
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 27
Ex. SSRP Administrator
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff

OG

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361367

Fair enough. But, what's the point once you're so rich already.
  • Rayyan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361368

Rayyan wrote:
I have well over 400m spread across 3 different accounts.

Thats good to hear, but without a screenshot, you are just known as whats called a "bullshitter"

People have worked many MANY hours for their cash, i personally couldn't care less if the server was wiped or not, i will actually say i would quite like it to be wiped, but it's just not fair on those who have spent real money on things like boosters to get the money they currently have.
  • Sonzy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 570

Ex-Deathrun Moderator
Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Minigames Moderator

"Perp advertiser"

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361369

There's only around 90 players with over $100,000,000. The Economy is fine, the owners really control what items are worth, etc. There's no need for this and it would piss a lot of people off for a completely absurd reason.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, el une spodermun

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361370

itzsonzy wrote:
I 100000000% think you say this because you're poor.

If you had alot of money, you wouldn't care like the majority of others.

Not one bit true at all, This game just isnt enjoyable as there is so many special weapons & cash in game meaning most people dont need to base. The server is dying as every base that is made is easily raid able with just 1m+ cash.
  • Eggism
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 22
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jabbee, Rayyan

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361373

Morgan wrote:
There's only around 90 players with over $100,000,000. The Economy is fine, the owners really control what items are worth, etc. There's no need for this and it would piss a lot of people off for a completely absurd reason.
100m is regardless of the point boss. The point is that the supply of explosives is so high in comparison to the demand and this has completely destroyed the prices of all of the old explosives, although there are new ones in the game, those are only slightly more powerful than the old ones which are more than like 10x the price.

The supply of all prop destroying weapons is just too high and it makes basing impossible for players. I have never seen someone properly base for over 30 minutes, who is not an experienced Zarp player in a long time.
  • Rayyan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361374

I've said this before. Wiping the economy would make a lot of people play Zarp again, and play it ACTIVELY. Meaning more raids, more bases. The money will come back fast, only this time no afk mining etc, that will fuck up everytyhing.
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rayyan

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361375

Morgan wrote:

You're assuming people dont have their cash in items. Anyway who needs 100m? You could easily buy a milkor, rpg, matador with under 5m which could easily destroy most bases unless gang upgrades are involved which only more elite players have access to.

The problem is the weapons are sold for so low & are so powerful. They should be hard to gain access to & not with such minimal cash as 1 million. We need to reduce the amount of weapons not the amount of cash.
  • Eggism
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 22
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Eggism.

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361376

CASHOUT QUICK BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though people have wasted/invested to much time of their life to earn that money, people would get really butthurt if they didnt want this to happen but they where outvoted
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-
  • Thanks received: 905

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361379

Its fine how it is. Just leave it.
1m = nothing
100m = rich
1bn = really rich (pre update)
  • Want
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • L4GY
  • Thanks received: 238

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361385

Jacob wrote:
I've said this before. Wiping the economy would make a lot of people play Zarp again, and play it ACTIVELY. Meaning more raids, more bases. The money will come back fast, only this time no afk mining etc, that will fuck up everytyhing.
This would actually stop a lot of people from playing as they've worked hard for some of their stuff, others have paid for their stuff (Booster Packs, VIP Sales) but still. People have paid real money for some of this which a lot of you guys do not realize. This isn't something that will ever happen nor will anyone want it to happen besides a hand full of people who can't keep themselves entertained.
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 806
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361388

First of all I didn't mean to Thank You your post.

This is a huge -support because it may stop people from playing the server. If all of your hard earned work gets wiped , It wouldn't be nice at all.

:minussp:
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5656

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361389

The issue stems not from money but from the escalation in the size of bases due to unregulated base rules and decisions being made on bases that benefit the admins and super admins basing as opposed to controlling the scale of bases instead. If bases were reasonable, there would be no need to add weapons such as the thundergun. Base design and scale have grown so much that weapons like the HC are required for destroying them. But this then limits heavily the types of bases that can be built. Small bases are no longer as effective and rely more on who can spam the most sniper fire over clever base design.

The allowance of both drugs being taken together also reduces strategic depth in the combat system and increases the likely hood of a raid succeeding. The precedents set by past staff members severely damaged the future of base design and we're feeling the repercussions now.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361393

Gmod Troller wrote:
Jacob wrote:
This would actually stop a lot of people from playing as they've worked hard for some of their stuff, others have paid for their stuff (Booster Packs, VIP Sales) but still. People have paid real money for some of this which a lot of you guys do not realize. This isn't something that will ever happen nor will anyone want it to happen besides a hand full of people who can't keep themselves entertained.

Why would people quit? It makes no sense at all. It doesn't even take 1 day to get over 10mil.
maybe 1 would quit, but atleast 5 would start playing. And definetely nerf explosives.
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361394

Jacob wrote:
Gmod Troller wrote:
Jacob wrote:

Why would people quit? It makes no sense at all. It doesn't even take 1 day to get over 10mil.
maybe 1 would quit, but atleast 5 would start playing. And definetely nerf explosives.
Yeah but they don't know how this would play out and I doubt they would risk it, it would change the meta etc and there would always be people who will leave
Also
This would actually stop a lot of people from playing as they've worked hard for some of their stuff, others have paid for their stuff (Booster Packs, VIP Sales) but still. People have paid real money for some of this which a lot of you guys do not realize.
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 806
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.

Economy Reset [Suggestion] 7 years 10 months ago #361410

I just wish ssrp was like it used to be, where you could not use alts, GPPs, BDPs and Gluon Guns, Gamma Rifles, Thunderguns etc.

It used to be where if you owned an orbital strike, you were better than everyone else and no one could top you. The gang wars were more fun (BrotherHood, Harper Family, DBS, and Progenic's gang I can't remember it's name).

It sounds cheesy but every one was more friendly, more helpful towards each other, working together to help someone get something such as a chervolet blazer.

Alot of players who used to play the old ZARP DO agree that the old ZARP was more enjoyable, and even had better staff members.

I don't want to be screamed at by some head admins again, so I'm not saying the staff team is bad, I'm saying the old one was better, possibly because everyone is scrambling over getting to be the richest, the most powerful etc. by using their ALT s, and using their superweapons to raid.

Yes, some new things to ZARP are nice, such as the cars, suits, and just things such as matadors and nitroglycerine, but when you start to bring in laser rifles of mass destruction, it ruins it.

I know it won't happen, but if I was able to change SSRP, I would ban alts, remove most special weapons apart from RPGs, milkors, matadors, orbital strikes, nerve gas, nitroglycerine, miniguns, ares shrikes, F2000s and pkms. It seems bullshit, but I would choose a certain select number of staff, the ones I know work their best and are good at what they do.

TL:DR - Read the bloody post, what I'm trying to say is old SSRP used to be better. I also understand most of the above probably makes nosense because I started to type and started rambling.
  • The Gamer Guy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 749

SSRP - Ex-Super Admin
Minecraft - Ex-Admin
TeamSpeak - Ex-Staff

• Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

163 PLAYERS ONLINE