Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264443

:zarp: Welcome to the ZARP Community Tournament Suggestion! :zarp:

Introduction

ZARP as a community has allowed players to enjoy the game modes they love by supporting them with servers they can play on and forums where they’d feel welcomed. ZARP, as a community, has developed a lot over the years and sadly has split itself up into different subcultures of Garry’s mod game modes. Let’s connect with each other, express our interests in other games and express our skill in a monthly or bi-monthly tournament, hosted by the ZARP community, for the ZARP community. It will allow users to compete in different games, such as CSGO, LOL, Dota 2, TF2, and will be open to suggestions for other games or game modes. Applicants will be allowed to invite their friends, create teams and compete with others in order to win their deserved place In the top of the leader boards. Winners and the runner ups will receive rewards depending on the competition, and possibly additional perks in the game modes that they choose.

What are ZARP Community Tournaments?

ZARP Community Tournaments are events that, as mentioned, would happen monthly or bi-monthly, depending on the success of it. They’ll be tournaments where players can show what they’re made if in the games they play other than Garry’s mod. The competitions would be, developed, hosted and tracked by an assigned ZARP member, following specific formats, rules, schedules, etc. You’d be able to apply your team for a specific tournament following a different forum post, and all registered applicants will have to follow a strict schedule if they wish to participate in the event. At the end of the tournament, we’ll have the winner and the winner runner ups, teams of people who’ve shown great dedication, skill, and of course teamwork in order to receive specific awards or perks for their efforts.

What games will the tournaments take place in?

It’s unsure if this suggestion even gets accepted, however right now I can think of:

Counter – Strike : Global Offensive
Team Fortress 2
Dota 2
League of Legends

Do note : I’m most familiar with hosting and managing Counter – Strike : Global Offensive and Team Fortress 2 tournaments (all the rules and whatnot), but with help we could figure out how to bring Dota 2 and League of Legends in to the ZARP competitive scene.

How would it benefit the community?

• It will increase the dedication of current members in ZARP
Having Tournaments with leader boards will give an additional goal to ZARP members, they’ll wish to stay at the top or take the top from others, making them stay in the community longer dedicating their time to us.
  • ZARP Members will ask their friends to join their teams, bringing more people to the community
This is pretty self-explanatory, ZARP community is large but not large enough, chances are people will ask their friends to join their teams increasing the popularity of ZARP.
  • The division between ZARP subcultures will be smaller
ZARP members will connect and communicate with each other outside of their most played servers to organise and talk about competitions. People will make more friends and more competitive enemies, minimising the gap between the ZARP subcultures.
  • It will set us apart from other communities and give us a competitive edge
I’ve done analytics and looked over a few major communities, and little to none of them had anything similar to this. Having this would bring us above other communities and would make stound a lot more due to the introduction of a competitive scene.
  • Competitors will look forward for the rewards
It’s not only beneficial for ZARP as a community. The competitors of course will see the benefits of participating and mostly winning the rewards for the competitions. If they don’t get it in one tournament, and they’ll want it strong enough, they’ll try again in another tournament, furthermore increasing their dedication to the server.
  • Beginner teams would potentially come here to try out competing in a private competitive tournament, furthermore increasing the community
Introduction of a minor/mediocre competitive scene won’t only bring people that are invited by ZARP members just so they’d join their teams, it would bring starter teams that want to try out the competitive scene in their favourite games, test out their team and see if they would be good enough to win. This would bring us actual starter competitors, who have friends and would recommend them to join, again, increasing the popularity of ZARP.
  • It will expand ZARPs horizons, bringing them to different games and maybe even an actual competitive scene.
ZARP has been stuck as a Garry’s mod SSRP based community for a while now. It’s time we introduce something new and reach out to a wider audience, progressively gaining more popularity.

Closure

All of the management, planning, development, rules, formats, literally everything can be easily planned out and made almost flawless. I would participate to help with all of that, as I had experience in perfecting plans and project management. I’ve talked to a few people and allegedly this has been suggested before, however failed due to poor management. I’d make sure that this doesn’t repeat again, and it would live for as long as possible. Make ZARP alive again.
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Yikes Svanz Comet.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java, LineLiar

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264492

I cant read it all cuz im lazy but it really seems like a good suggestion, im up for helping if ever needed

Edit: Remove Dota 2. iz bad
  • Miro
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • saint lawrence boyz
  • Thanks received: 240

Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Miro.

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264502

Honestly he worked so hard on this for what i know, and its a great suggestion. it could increase popularity and attract more.. I look forward to doing this in the future!
  • Insultric
  • Fresh Boarder
  • TTT Admin :3
  • Thanks received: 15

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264503

I remember a CS;GO tournament organized by Chris(?). That was like a year and months.
There's also user-generated competitions from time to time with prizes.

Meh.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5849
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Studio Banter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RandomdudeDK

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264545

situtesk wrote:
I remember a CS;GO tournament organized by Chris(?). That was like a year and months.
There's also user-generated competitions from time to time with prizes.

Meh.
I’ve talked to a few people and allegedly this has been suggested before, however failed due to poor management. I’d make sure that this doesn’t repeat again, and it would live for as long as possible.
All of the management, planning, development, rules, formats, literally everything can be easily planned out and made almost flawless. I would participate to help with all of that, as I had experience in perfecting plans and project management.
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Yikes Svanz Comet.

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264638

It's a good idea in my opinion, however, I don't know how widely the games apart from CS:GO are played. A lot of people play it, but only some play TF2/LoL and few play Dota. Maybe you should make a strawpoll with multiple checkable options per vote + none of the above to see what games people play. There's no reason hosting tournaments for games nobody play.
  • p0rtalsh0oter
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm back I guess.
  • Thanks received: 119
Ex TTT Head Admin, then Admin again. Now I've disappeared. Add me on Steam if you like.

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264653

Miro wrote:
I cant read it all cuz im lazy but it really seems like a good suggestion, im up for helping if ever needed

Edit: Remove Dota 2. iz bad
Inc Exro comment
  • JokerMan
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ayyyyyyy
  • Thanks received: 279

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264706

massive +support.
Would love to play in tournaments!
  • FIZZAY
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • k1ng.
  • Thanks received: 253

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264707

Same here, sounds good, although I can't see much support for a dota team seeing as i know a maximum of 7 people who play dota in this community!
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264735

I could help with the TF2 tournament if you'd like.

You can trust me, I have a 36 key unusual 8)
  • UltraBagel
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 61

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264741

UltraBagel wrote:

I have a 87 one...
EDIT: Use the site TF2Center to get lobbys up.

9v9 and 6v6.
  • Dallas.
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • From a past time.
  • Thanks received: 153
Ex Dark RP Admin and Bank Robber

Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Dallas..

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264742

As I was reading the replies for this topic, and getting feedback via Steam Messages, it's clear that most people don't think it would be wise to host a Dota tournament.

Do note, this is only a suggestion. I personally would want to make it practically CSGO Only, however due to this suggestions goal being reaching out to a wider audience, I added Dota, LoL and TF2 (I can see TF2 being also extremely fun, plus I have most experience in the TF2 competitive scene).

If this does get accepted, I will carry out a poll of games that are known for their competitive scene, gather up all of the results and decide then.

-Svanzscape

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264783

Only CS:GO has a large amount of players here, LoL is pretty close but I doubt anyone is capable of playing properly, and CS:GO is much easier to manage.

You're going to need staff, a lot of staff. Event managers, Administrators, Casters, Server Providers, Donators, Possible Trainers, Graphic Designers, Video editors, etc..

I'm calling around at least 15 people will need to organise and manage it alone if we're going to create a competition this big, and I doubt letting below average players play because it just wouldn't be fun to watch a bunch of headless chickens attempting to shoot eachother.

I'm up for any staff role apart from Server Providing, Video Editing and Donations.

Goodluck man, it will take a lot of work, but it's a fun idea.
  • stratiic
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • spitting in your mum's twat
  • Thanks received: 1452

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264809

Stratiic wrote:
Only CS:GO has a large amount of players here, LoL is pretty close but I doubt anyone is capable of playing properly, and CS:GO is much easier to manage.

You're going to need staff, a lot of staff. Event managers, Administrators, Casters, Server Providers, Donators, Possible Trainers, Graphic Designers, Video editors, etc..

I'm calling around at least 15 people will need to organise and manage it alone if we're going to create a competition this big, and I doubt letting below average players play because it just wouldn't be fun to watch a bunch of headless chickens attempting to shoot eachother.

I'm up for any staff role apart from Server Providing, Video Editing and Donations.

Thanks for the amazing feedback, but this isn't ESL or Dreamhack level yet.

As mentioned, this is a plan to introduce ZARP to the mediocre competitive scene. Going with around 15 staff is skipping a few steps. As for the current project plan I had in mind, it would be somewhere around 4-7 staff helping, however I had ideas of it going bigger and more professional if succeeding.

Nice to see someone having a similar idea, and about the listed staff, again, it's for more of a professional project, however I'll go into more detail about the staff you listed and see if they're needed/useful for this project or not

Event managers (Project Managers)

This is of course needed, however the role itself, aside from sounding cool, isn't really a big deal. It takes a day of effort to create a plan that would go for a week or two. I've taken a unit in a course I'm studying revolved around Project management, and I can easily make plans with risk assessments that will have the best results. So for event managers, it's pretty much covered.

Administrators

This depends on your definition of Administrators. Are they active spectators who moderate the current game between two teams, and see if anything goes wrong? If so, you are right, that would be best, however from my time participating in TF2 tournaments hosted by UGC, we don't even need an active staff member. The two teams that competed against each other, the captains can report back to match to an inactive or offline staff member in case there were problems with the match, eg. the team cheated, they did something that's not allowed, the server isn't set up properly, etc. The admin would at least have to be online in case something needs fixing immediately, though.

Casters

Now this is a wonderful idea. I didn't even think about this but having live casted matches would be wonderful. Possibly even duo casters. I wanted to take up casting a year or few back, but didn't look much into it and dropped it. Having a live stream and casters would be amazing, especially if the livestream does bring more people. The amazingness aside, however, there is the fact that not many people would watch this. Having casters would be smart if we're doing this in the future and only after it's received some success.

Server providers

Of course, we do need servers for this to work. I was thinking of getting temporary servers for each match, however depending on the scale of this thing, there might me matches overlapping. Thank you for pointing this out, and if the suggestion does get accepted, I'll put more planning in the options revolved around servers.

Donators

We need these. Same like the server, I'll figure out plans on how to invite more donators to be interested in these events. Things like small sponsors for the teams could also be an idea, like server-based sponsors (SSRP or Dark-RP Shop or gang owners)

Possible trainers (Team captain)

Correct me if I'm wrong by saying that when you say "trainers" you mean "captains". If not, sorry. If yes, then Teams will have the option to have their own captains, be it outside their team or within their team.

Graphics Designers and Video Editors

Put both of these because they both cover media involved responsibilities. I'm a self-taught graphics designer and could do some quick thumbnails, logos or banners if needed, same goes for Video Editing. I've been interested by making frag movies, highlights etc and I'm in the progress for making a frag movie project right now. All that aside, it realistically couldn't be completely dependent on me, which is why we'd need more staff willing to volunteer for these roles, that can do quite a snappy edit or two.

Again, thank you so much for the well constructed feedback, Stratiic.

-Svanzscape

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264836

Dallas$ wrote:
UltraBagel wrote:

I have a 87 one...
EDIT: Use the site TF2Center to get lobbys up.

9v9 and 6v6.
Welp
  • UltraBagel
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 61

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264861

I know your whole idea here was to branch out of GMOD, but I just want to let you know that right now I have plans of setting up a racing tournament/event on SSRP Server 2. I'd love to collaborate with you if you're interested.. just hit me up on Steam.
  • Jochs
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 45
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Jochs.

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264910

love the idea.

would be awesome to do something like that as a community.
  • Nexize
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • I call myself Nexize but you can call me tonight
  • Thanks received: 1215
────────────────────────
My Animelist!
Steam!

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264919

Stratiic wrote:

You'd be fuckin playing lad
  • FIZZAY
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • k1ng.

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264925

I'll be the funny meme commentator who makes funny memes. Every scene has to have one.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[COMMUNITY] ZARP Competitions / Tournaments 8 years 5 months ago #264935

I'll add to this suggestion when I'm home from work, but I am only interested in playing to broadcast mine and my teams talents.
  • FIZZAY
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • k1ng.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

262 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
5/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun