Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Deathrun] New Rule Suggestions!

[Deathrun] New Rule Suggestions! 8 years 6 months ago #212870

Server Name: Deathrun Servers 1 & 2

Suggestion Title: New Deathrun Rules

How would it benefit the server: They would make life for regular user's much easier.

Potential Issues/Exploits: None as far as I can tell, It will just make the deathrun experience better for user's.

Additional notes:

1) The RTA Rule :
When being death and activating a trap where no runner's are currently at (minimum 5/6 traps away) the death(s) doing this should be slain and warned, this would save much more time for staff member's as if you get the odd person activating a trap at the end for example it can ruin the chance's of the death's winning, this is pretty much to stop the loophole that currently stand's with mass trap spamming as user's could slowly use it and staff don't always notice. RTA stand's for Random Trap Activation!

2) A rule for staff member's :
All staff must specify what they warn a player for and give a explanation why, I constantly see mods/admins warn user's and when the user ask's why the staff member does not give a good enough explanation like they just say "chat spam" for example.
  • SilentCall
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 120
Ex-Bhop HA

Login or register to post a reply.

[Deathrun] New Rule Suggestions! 8 years 6 months ago #212876

The RTA rule is common sense and that "rule" for staff members can be spoken at the meeting.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Studio Banter.

[Deathrun] New Rule Suggestions! 8 years 6 months ago #212877

Not sure about the first one. Are you saying a death isn't allowed to claim a trap 5+ buttons away from the runners?

Former Admin on DarkRP
Former Bunny Hop Admin
Former #5 Top poster

[Deathrun] New Rule Suggestions! 8 years 6 months ago #212880

Aidan|DaleAGaming wrote:
Not sure about the first one. Are you saying a death isn't allowed to claim a trap 5+ buttons away from the runners?

The explanation is clearly explained.
If you activate a trap that no runners have yet gone past, it's pre-activation or whatever it is now.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

[Deathrun] New Rule Suggestions! 8 years 6 months ago #212886

I am the Walrus wrote:
Aidan|DaleAGaming wrote:

The explanation is clearly explained.
If you activate a trap that no runners have yet gone past, it's pre-activation or whatever it is now.

Ah ok. (I'm blind :P)

Doesn't this come under common sense

Former Admin on DarkRP
Former Bunny Hop Admin
Former #5 Top poster

[Deathrun] New Rule Suggestions! 8 years 6 months ago #212896

Or the staff could do their job properly #Pumpkin
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[Deathrun] New Rule Suggestions! 8 years 6 months ago #212900

Fantastic Mr Fox wrote:
Or the staff could do their job properly #Pumpkin

By staff you don't mean all most of the problem lays with the newly appointed moderators i know i do my job correctly and always explain things.

And with the new mods it will take them some time to get a feel for there role on the server some quicker then others i grant you but i don't think we have a staff issue here i think moderators are learning how to do there job correctly i even have mods now that ask me about things which i would encourage EVERYONE to do if they are unsure when they fully understand things there is no issue so i will kindly ask you to refrain from bashing the DR staff please.

x
  • bickels
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Ex Deathrun Administrator x
  • Thanks received: 226

[Deathrun] New Rule Suggestions! 8 years 6 months ago #212908

I, amongst other staff enforce the no 'random button pushing ahead of the runners when they're not in the vicinity' rule. I understand some staff may not but it seems to be fairly easy to think of as being punishable...

Also, warnings are issued with a reason which usually help the user to understand why they have been warned (after a verbal warning). If player A had spammed the chat for 33 seconds with the letters 'ufhauhf' non-stop and is issued with a !mute and a !warn for the reason 'Chat spam' - he should have a good idea as to why. From what I've seen, few staff have ambiguous warn reasons.

Regarding Fantastic Mr Fox, I can assure you that the staff do in fact do their jobs properly and efficiently. They are all aware of the rules and the rights and wrongs (even the newly appointed Moderators after a short time).
  • Geralt
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Deathrun Administrator
  • Thanks received: 50

[Deathrun] New Rule Suggestions! 8 years 6 months ago #213003

Geralt wrote:
I, amongst other staff enforce the no 'random button pushing ahead of the runners when they're not in the vicinity' rule. I understand some staff may not but it seems to be fairly easy to think of as being punishable...

Also, warnings are issued with a reason which usually help the user to understand why they have been warned (after a verbal warning). If player A had spammed the chat for 33 seconds with the letters 'ufhauhf' non-stop and is issued with a !mute and a !warn for the reason 'Chat spam' - he should have a good idea as to why. From what I've seen, few staff have ambiguous warn reasons.

Regarding Fantastic Mr Fox, I can assure you that the staff do in fact do their jobs properly and efficiently. They are all aware of the rules and the rights and wrongs (even the newly appointed Moderators after a short time).

I'm not saying that not all staff do there job, im simply implying that some do not give a good explanation when warning a player.

And for the RDA rule, I'm just wanting it to be implemented to the rules as although many staff do follow this rule already, it's not official and could cause problems if not added.
  • SilentCall
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 120
Ex-Bhop HA

[Deathrun] New Rule Suggestions! 8 years 6 months ago #213032

For the RTA rule I do like the rule - as I enforce it in game. I usually verbal warn someone for doing it - and they usually stop and if they don't I'll look into warning them.

As for the rule of staff members; you should always clarify why you're warning someone. Once you've warned someone - tell them what they've done wrong, what rule they've broken and why it's inappropriate to do <insert rulebreak here>

I'm geniunely surprised staff members aren't doing this already.

Great work Silent, I'll look into these with the Lead Team for you mate.
  • stratiic
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • spitting in your mum's twat
  • Thanks received: 1452

[Deathrun] New Rule Suggestions! 8 years 6 months ago #213067

SilentCalls wrote:
Geralt wrote:

I'm not saying that not all staff do there job, im simply implying that some do not give a good explanation when warning a player.

And for the RDA rule, I'm just wanting it to be implemented to the rules as although many staff do follow this rule already, it's not official and could cause problems if not added.

i do like this and i'm glad you have a made a point about it some staff will need to explain more i have already mentioned this to a few people.

and stratiic i am as surprised as you are staff are not doing it.

x
  • bickels
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Ex Deathrun Administrator x
  • Thanks received: 226
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

259 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127