Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (ssrp) suggestion

(ssrp) suggestion 8 years 6 months ago #211542

Server Name: ssrp 1 and 2

Suggestion title : make it so mayor can die when killed by hitman or raiding class

How would it benefit the server: make it more worth raiding pd

Potential Issues/Exploits: might cause rdm of mayor

Additional notes: when a gangster goes and raids pd to unarrest everyone and has to kill cops he should be able to kill the mayor and the mayor gets demoted down to citizen to make a better role play situation.
Thanks Stratiic

Thanks Frentium
Login or register to post a reply.

(ssrp) suggestion 8 years 6 months ago #211547

Erm, is it even the same thing that we have it now? If mayor gets killed, he get demoted to citizen.
  • Mexi
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 393

(ssrp) suggestion 8 years 6 months ago #211551

Mexipepsi265 wrote:
Erm, is it even the same thing that we have it now? If mayor gets killed, he get demoted to citizen.
i am pretty sure it was a glitch when i played like 3 hours ago and when Mayor was dying he kept respawning as mayor ill report dat
  • JokerMan
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ayyyyyyy
  • Thanks received: 279

(ssrp) suggestion 8 years 6 months ago #211555

It's intentional, to try and encourage actual RP as the mayor instead of people just ruining it by raiding.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

(ssrp) suggestion 8 years 6 months ago #211558

It was changed so that the mayor doesn't change job when killed because people just RDMed the mayor every time there was one,
  • He-Man
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm Yorkshire till I die
  • Thanks received: 221
Ex-SSRP Admin
Ex-Deathrun Admin
Ex-Bhop Head Admin
Ex-Teamspeak Staff
My Steam.

(ssrp) suggestion 8 years 6 months ago #211560

Well it needs to be changed back because it is kinda dumb to raid pd and kill the mayor just for the mayor to come back and put it on lock down that is not a good role play
Thanks Stratiic

Thanks Frentium

(ssrp) suggestion 8 years 6 months ago #211576

Nutzu3650XL wrote:
matthewdurbinmonday1998 wrote:
Well it needs to be changed back because it is kinda dumb to raid pd and kill the mayor just for the mayor to come back and put it on lock down that is not a good role play
That would be the mayor breaking NLR. He should start a new life, and not create a lockdown after he was killed.
or be demoted down to citizen and start a new life as a form of nlr and it is better for any raiding classes raiding pd to kill the mayor and have mayor demoted to citizen because that gives others more opportunities to become mayor.
Thanks Stratiic

Thanks Frentium

(ssrp) suggestion 8 years 6 months ago #211585

Nutzu3650XL wrote:
Nutzu3650XL wrote:
That would be the mayor breaking NLR. He should start a new life, and not create a lockdown after he was killed.
or be demoted down to citizen and start a new life as a form of nlr and it is better for any raiding classes raiding pd to kill the mayor and have mayor demoted to citizen because that gives others more opportunities to become mayor.
How about the times when people get mayor and get instantly RDMed? I'm sure that there would me more wasted opportunities this way rather than with the recently implemented mechanic, hence why it was changed in the first place. Take a look at the godfather job which is the bad equievalent of the mayor, players do not get demoted when they die.
There are still disadvantages to this change but the positives are higher than the negatives.
but that is what admins are for so if he gets mayor and gets rdmed right away he just makes f1 and if they admin can prove it is rdm then he can set his class back to mayor. And don't give me crap saying that it is a waste of an admins time because it is an admins job to deal with rule breaker and if you think a mayor getting rdmed and warning a rule breaker for rsm is a waste of time then you just don't accept the f1 for it then.
Thanks Stratiic

Thanks Frentium

(ssrp) suggestion 8 years 6 months ago #211589

JS using your logic everyone should be demoted when they die.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

(ssrp) suggestion 8 years 6 months ago #211608

Nutzu3650XL wrote:
Nutzu3650XL wrote:
Nutzu3650XL wrote:
How about the times when people get mayor and get instantly RDMed? I'm sure that there would me more wasted opportunities this way rather than with the recently implemented mechanic, hence why it was changed in the first place. Take a look at the godfather job which is the bad equievalent of the mayor, players do not get demoted when they die.
There are still disadvantages to this change but the positives are higher than the negatives.
but that is what admins are for so if he gets mayor and gets rdmed right away he just makes f1 and if they admin can prove it is rdm then he can set his class back to mayor. And don't give me crap saying that it is a waste of an admins time because it is an admins job to deal with rule breaker and if you think a mayor getting rdmed and warning a rule breaker for rsm is a waste of time then you just don't accept the f1 for it then.

But what if within the time from when the F1 was submitted to the time it is handled, someone gets elected? We can't really have 2 mayors.
But what if there are no staff online?
Even if people will get their job back it will still be an inconvenience to players, especially if they get legitimately RDMed and have no way to prove it.

It was changed for a reason and I highly doubt it will be changed again.
well who's fault is that, that there is no staff on or the staff that is on didn't do his f1 fast enough? Not mine, not the mayors, not the random players on the server, not the vips. Like I said at the beginning make it so HITMAN AND RAIDING CLASSES can kill the mayor not just hitmen because that is stupid because your trying to say I have to be a thiefand raid pd kill all the cops then job abuse become a hitman and then kill the mayor just for him to get demoted to citizen?
Thanks Stratiic

Thanks Frentium
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

266 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47