TOPIC: [TTT] Rooftops_2016_v1 rules & leaderboard

[TTT] Rooftops_2016_v1 rules & leaderboard 8 years 6 months ago #211479

Server Name: ZARP TTT

Suggestion(s) Title:

- New rule for the flying cabin in the Rooftops_2016_v1 map
- New rule(?) allowing for axe killing on Rooftops_2016_v1 map
- Leaderboards back in

How would it benefit the server:

Making the rules more clear will always benefit the server, and the leaderboard motivates people to play more.

Potential Issues/Exploits: None

Additional notes:

Flying cabin rule:

A rule is necessary for the flying cabin in the Rooftops_2016_v1. This flying cabin isn't exactly a traitor room at it's core, since there isn't some kind of trap or anything in it that could make the traitors win a game, but it is possible to fly around the map (in a pre-determined circle) and stop it anywhere you would like. Camping in this would make it very easy for trolls to make round go on extremely long, or it will be almost impossible for the innocents to kill the people in the flying cabin since you are able to open and close the doors whenever you want to. The flying cabin costs 1 credit.

Rule 2.4a: Camping in the traitor trap activating the flying cabin on rooftops_2016_v1 is not allowed. You are not allowed to be in the cabin longer than x amount of minutes.

Rule for the axe:

The axe available on the new rooftops_2016_v1 map is behind glass, with 4 people necessary to open the glass. Alternatively, a traitor can activate a traitor trap to break the glass any time they want. If the axe is then put in the laser when red, available in the pool hotel, the axe will become deathly. Alternatively, if put in the laser when green it turns into a portable tester. This makes it quite a lot of effort to even get the axe in the first place, since the traitor can also trap the laser to make it not work. If in possession of the traitor it's going to be a death trap most likely, and otherwise a portable tester. I think killing in the axe in this case should not be counted as propkill, since it's a real part of the map meant to be this way and it actually takes effort to make work. Of course the RDM rule would still apply when killing people without proof. Also, since this would count under the exploiting rule, the killing with the axe in this case is not actually exploiting.

Rule 1.8a: The axe available in rooftops_2016_v1 does not count as propkill or exploiting.

Put leaderboards back in:

I have no idea why this was taken out in the first place, and it might just have been a mistake, but !leaderboards doesn't work any longer nor does F3. I don't see why this happened and I'd love to have leaderboards back since it makes for some friendly competition, and is also a selling point for the server which is unavailable at the moment.
  • LineLiar
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 163
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Rooftops_2016_v1 rules & leaderboard 8 years 6 months ago #211481

:plussp: :3
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

[TTT] Rooftops_2016_v1 rules & leaderboard 8 years 6 months ago #211483

Me and Line were discussing this yesterday and as soon as I saw the flying cabin I knew it had to have it's own rule, and for the axe I also agree we should allow it to be used as a weapon because it's part of the map and meant to kill people; you also have to go through a lot of effort to unlock it.

:plussp:
  • stratiic
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • spitting in your mum's twat
  • Thanks received: 1452

[TTT] Rooftops_2016_v1 rules & leaderboard 8 years 6 months ago #211489

:support:

It'd be good to clarify whether or not accessing the roof of this area is allowed since it requires you to propclimb to get to it. I'd say to make an exception for it in this case.

• FireVulpes
  • Junior Boarder
  • Flareons!
  • Thanks received: 38
The following user(s) said Thank You: stratiic

[TTT] Rooftops_2016_v1 rules & leaderboard 8 years 6 months ago #211493

Haven't checked out the flying cabin yet so i can't form an opinion on it. I agree with the rest of your suggestions, but are you sure the leadboard didn't just glitch out for you? It worked last time i checked, 2-3 days ago.
  • Ace
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Lone Wolf
  • Thanks received: 334

Former TTT SA, SSRP Admin & TeamSpeak Staff

[TTT] Rooftops_2016_v1 rules & leaderboard 8 years 6 months ago #211495

LZ Ace wrote:
Haven't checked out the flying cabin yet so i can't form an opinion on it. I agree with the rest of your suggestions, but are you sure the leadboard didn't just glitch out for you? It worked last time i checked, 2-3 days ago.
Yeah apparently it still works according to Jerry. F3 does glitch for me a lot, but normally when F3 didn't work !leaderboards would, but !leaderboards doesn't work any longer so I assumed leaderboards was removed on accident. Anyway, take that suggestion with a grain of salt.
  • LineLiar
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 163

[TTT] Rooftops_2016_v1 rules & leaderboard 8 years 6 months ago #211524

:plussp:
I agree the flying elevator is a bit weird, since only traitors can activate it, but you're not necessarily a traitor for being inside it. There should be a rule that you're not allowed to KOS someone for being inside, but the other normal KOS rules apply ofcourse (awping etc.)
As FireVulpes said, I think you should be allowed to get up there, it's not really much different from grabbing the battery on ttt_orange or climbing on the roof of the bridge there.
As for the axe, it's different from the axe from earlier versions. It isn't just a death weapon. It would be stupid if you weren't allowed to use the red functions on it (death axe), but you would be allowed to use the green functions (traitor tester). The green functions could be disabled by the use of one credit, rendering the axe useless. People would put effort into getting the axe and ending up not being allowed to use it.
The leaderboards should also get fixed, I haven't tested out if it worked for me, but if it doesn't, the server name wouldn't make sense.
Thanks Line for these suggestions:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

#Pumpkin
  • p0rtalsh0oter
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm back I guess.
  • Thanks received: 119
Ex TTT Head Admin, then Admin again. Now I've disappeared. Add me on Steam if you like.

[TTT] Rooftops_2016_v1 rules & leaderboard 8 years 6 months ago #211662

Both Rules have been accepted, the Cabin's camp limit will be 2 minutes for all teams

The leaderboards are fully working, so that suggestion is not needed.

Accepted!
  • The Hitman Jerry
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • People Die at the Fair
  • Thanks received: 491
Ex-Staff Member
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineLiar
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

221 PLAYERS ONLINE