TOPIC: [Suggestions] Deathrun Issues

[Suggestions] Deathrun Issues 8 years 9 months ago #166429

Server Name:
ZARP deathrun 1
ZARP deathrun 2

Suggestion Title:
Fixing a few smaller issues.

How would it benefit the server:
The maps in question would be more fun to play.

Potential Issues/Exploits:
1. Erotischer:
The map has no guns at the end. Not many people can make it and the ones that do usually do so with lowered health so fighting deaths 1 vs 2/3/4 is a pain with only a sword and lowered HP.

2. Text_cp:
At the end of the level there are guns all over the floor. This is fine but the map has a hidden AWP behind the final room and guns in the room with the hidden button at the end. In my opinion it would be better to have the guns locked to the secrets since the secrets are fairly easy. It would also look cleaner in general.
Also if possible AFK kill is needed on that map since AFKer's can't die till the round is over usually.

3. Marioworld:
There are 4 endings. The issue is with 2 of the endings. One of the endings is Knife where there is a pistol on the ground for the runner to pick up but sometimes it does not work properly. My proposed solution would be to put the pistol on the player spawn itself.
The other Issue with the map is another one of the endings. I'm not sure what it is supposed to be. You spawn on opposite sides of a wall and there are goombah's coming down on the far away wall like a waterfall. This ending does not work I'm assuming you need to shoot said goombah's with guns but there aren't any. This might be a simple fix if the guns are what's needed.

4. Simpsons:
There is not much wrong with this map it is quite well made. The only issue with the map is the ''Easy'' ending which flat out does not work. I don't see how this can be fixed myself maybe someone will that is why I am mentioning it.

5. Family_guy:
The map itself works really well. There is only 3 issues with this map.
The first problem is the secret in the trash bin which can be unlocked with a button on the 2nd stage of the map. This is considered an exploit because the secret does not work and instead of becoming Brian you become invisible which can be abused to avoid traps. If there is a way to block the button/trash bin it would be appreciated it is one of the main sources of displeasure while playing due to the players being frustrated they aren't allowed to use the secrets.
The second problem is the iron door to the room where the runners end up after falling into the water (Slow death induced by the room). By opening the door you can teamkill a fellow runner and thus is considered an exploit. If there was a way to block this door it would be fantastic.
The third problem is the endings. They work fine when 2 people pass through them. When the first person goes through an ending the alternate endings get blocked. When the 2nd player goes through the same ending the other ones become unblocked again. This results in some players who arrive late to choose the different endings and forcing the other runners to commit suicide in order to finish the round.

Additional notes:
The first 2 maps mentioned above I believe are fairly easy fixes (removing/adding guns).
I am fully aware some of these may not be fixable. I mentioned only some of the most popular maps.
The GameBanana links may not be the same versions as the server uses. I linked them in order for the people reading this post to have a better idea of which map I'm talking about.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong.
  • MrBuzzKill
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Words build bridges into unexplored regions.
  • Thanks received: 28
Login or register to post a reply.

[Suggestions] Deathrun Issues 8 years 9 months ago #166432

You forgot a very useful fix that should be made on dr_marioworld: remove the goddamn map itself.
And, (this would be quite a fortunate turn of events), it could be useful to have the "which door is it?" bullshit. Seriously.
Oh, you're good at bhopping (im not lol)? This map sure looks easy, right? I wonder if I can actually win th-
then Mr. :zarp: goes all fuck you and gives you a 50% chance of survival.
  • Bizhɑɑp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Bizhɑɑp.

[Suggestions] Deathrun Issues 8 years 9 months ago #166674

good suggestions

- by the map Family guy It's annoying to slay people if they open the Iron door or Iron bin.
- Marioworld the endings are not the best (not working)
- Simpsons the easy ending is not working.
- the map Erotischer If you win, You get nothing.

this need to be fixed
  • ItZzBlaze
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 9

ex deathrun admin

[Suggestions] Deathrun Issues 8 years 9 months ago #166679

i like the one where you get warned for exploting then get kicked for calling someone else out on an exploit.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[Suggestions] Deathrun Issues 8 years 9 months ago #166758

BIG +SUPPORT

if u dont know how to fix this things then find it out please
  • XxmasterxX
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge