Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Singleplayer Deathrun

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #152787

I have a suggestion on how to improve the deathrun server, and to encourage more players to join it when it has no players currently on it.

What is the problem now?
The issue currently is that when there's nobody on the server, nobody wants to join. Which means that nobody is playing the server, which means that nobody will join. It's this loop of people never wanting to join that leaves the server at a bit of a loss, but there are things that you can do to help encourage people to join.

Suggestion/Content improvement
I suggest the simple improvement of changing the server so that even when there is only one player that person still spawns on the runner team and is allowed to play the map, this seems incredibly boring, but it is infinitely better than not playing, the player could even be given a small reward each time he completes the map (Even as low as a single point) that encourages him to play the game, and thusly encourages others to join him, populating the server.
  • Rickster
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2
Login or register to post a reply.

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #152805

Join the game and wait for a few minutes until someone joins.
Invite your friends.
Play the map in single player with gamemode with bots.

-Support
No need for this as the gamemode is centered around two teams at the same time.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #152816

Walrus {Chitoge x Raku} wrote:
Invite your friends.

/Thread

Seems like you jsut want to farm XP to me.
  • F0CuSX
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • COMMUNITY IZ RIGGED BAN THE GOOD GUY YEZ YEZ
  • Thanks received: 368

Former TTT HeadAdmin
Former Deathrun SuperAdmin

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #152855

Invite your friends.

-Support

I don't know anybody from zarp, and only a handful of people that actual play Deathrun. Today I joined deathrun and waited 20 full minutes until somebody else joined. I would've enjoyed that (And your server) a whole lot more if you deleted the two lines of code in the base deathrun gamemode to stop spawning with only one person. I'd actually still be more than content if this feature to be implemented even without any rewards for completing the map, it's just annoying that I have to sit afk and find something else to do when I could be practising my Bhop Wiggle whilst I wait, something that wouldn't benifit zarp if I "Just went on singleplayer".

There are absolutely no negatives to this idea if you do not reward a player for completing the map (Something that is fine by me) and you're asinine for thinking that it's a bad idea. The positive far outweigh the only negative of about 20 seconds of coding (I've looked at the base gamemode for Deathrun and I doubt that you've changed any of the spawning mechanics). This is only a minor improvement and would do nothing but benefit the Deathrun server.
  • Rickster
  • Fresh Boarder

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #152860

This is basically Pointfarming.... Bad idea

-Support
  • KingofSaiyans
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I might be a fan of Maisie Williams.
  • Thanks received: 160
Ex deathrun mod x2
Ex deahtrun admin x2
Ex deathrun SA x1
Ex bhop mod x1
Ex TS staff x1

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #152861

Invite your friends.

-Support

What if your like me and have no friends?
  • Luan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Ex- Surf Owner
  • Thanks received: 488

EX- TS3 Staff
EX- SSRP Head Admin

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #152879

How would Single Player Deathrun work?????
  • Jetzzy
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 890

Human is the name for a beast that can't rejoice their life without sacrifices.

Former Deathrun Administrator
Former SSRP Administrator
Former Teamspeak Staff

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #152880

dont change it not needed now

-Support
  • ItZzBlaze
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 9

ex deathrun admin

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #153244

I believe this belongs in the suggestions section.
Singleplayer deathrun is silly, unnecessary, and allows players to farm points/exp easily, meaning there's no challenge in getting a higher rank.

If you want singleplayer deathrun, then play the map in singleplayer on gmod. This is a multiplayer server, remember? ^-^

-Support
  • Remixful
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Literally nobody
  • Thanks received: 92
[ Ex-Zarp Community Member| Ex-SSRP Administrator| Ex-Deathrun Administrator ]

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #153279

Moved to the correct section.
  • RandomdudeDK
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It's always 420 somewhere
  • Thanks received: 675
The following user(s) said Thank You: Remixful

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #153468

Admittedly having "singleplayer deathrun" as the thread topic may be a little misleading, however if you actually read the posts you should see that the idea isn't as straightforward as pointsfarming.

Infact everybody in this thread that has said anything about points-farming is apparently literately challenged and has not read this:
I don't know anybody from zarp, and only a handful of people that actual play Deathrun. Today I joined deathrun and waited 20 full minutes until somebody else joined. I would've enjoyed that (And your server) a whole lot more if you deleted the two lines of code in the base deathrun gamemode to stop spawning with only one person. I'd actually still be more than content if this feature to be implemented even without any rewards for completing the map, it's just annoying that I have to sit afk and find something else to do when I could be practising my Bhop Wiggle whilst I wait, something that wouldn't benifit zarp if I "Just went on singleplayer".

There are absolutely no negatives to this idea if you do not reward a player for completing the map (Something that is fine by me) and you're asinine for thinking that it's a bad idea. The positive far outweigh the only negative of about 20 seconds of coding (I've looked at the base gamemode for Deathrun and I doubt that you've changed any of the spawning mechanics). This is only a minor improvement and would do nothing but benefit the Deathrun server.
iJetzy wrote:

Essentially it's not singleplayer deathrun, the point I'm trying to get across (And some of the people in this thread apparently don't have the intellect to understand through reading the actual posts) is that this wouldn't help you level up, it would just spawn you onto the server if you were the first person and let you hop around by yourself. It's a better alternative than just making them sit there in spectator mode. But apparently the people in this thread can't read, seeing as I've actually already explained this...
  • Rickster
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Rickster.

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #153480

If there is no reward that you care about then why implement it on the server when you can easily play it on single player and no I am not "literately challenged". What is the use of putting it on the server with bots and no reward when you can easily do it yourself. It feels like you have not thought it through enough and added a massive list of changes and alterations to your original idea to fit with what people are saying. Sorry mate but I don't feel its worth the time or effort. If you want SP DR the do it in SP. Simple as. Also please don't call forum users literately challenged, thanks. Being arrogant and disrespectful won't help you to make people like and support your idea.

Sorry

-Support
  • Wallcop
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • My opinions. Nothing more nothing less.
  • Thanks received: 284
Ex-PERP Super Admin/Government Supervisor
Ex-TTT Admin
Ex-SSRP Admin
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Wallcop.

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #153484

Rickster wrote:
Admittedly having "singleplayer deathrun" as the thread topic may be a little misleading, however if you actually read the posts you should see that the idea isn't as straightforward as pointsfarming.

Infact everybody in this thread that has said anything about points-farming is apparently literately challenged and has not read this:

iJetzy wrote:

Essentially it's not singleplayer deathrun, the point I'm trying to get across (And some of the people in this thread apparently don't have the intellect to understand through reading the actual posts) is that this wouldn't help you level up, it would just spawn you onto the server if you were the first person and let you hop around by yourself. It's a better alternative than just making them sit there in spectator mode. But apparently the people in this thread can't read, seeing as I've actually already explained this...

Yes, you're absolutely right; I cannot read nor understand anything.
On the other hand, I never mentioned anything about XP farming or Point farming.

Invite your friends.

-Support

Yet you never said anything about the infamous hour farming. Every game that I know of has a option that is different from multiplayer and that is singleplayer. You want to practice your wiggles? Do it in singleplayer with the selected map and Deathrun gamemode on.

Even with rewards or no rewards I don't see how this is going to work. Like I said; Invite your friends if the whole idea of waiting for someone to join is too much for you.

But apparently the people in this thread can't read, seeing as I've actually already explained this...
Apparently you simply told everyone that they're challenged:

-Support and dear don't tell me if I don't read actual posts.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wallcop

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #153561

So you want players to spawn even if they're the only one online, and then you want rewards to be removed if there's only one player online... That sounds like too much work for one impatient player. :/
You can always tab out and do something else while waiting. Or just play something else until there's players on. If you want to practice on your bhop skills, there's always the bhop server or, like I mentioned before, loading the map in singleplayer. :3
  • Remixful
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Literally nobody
  • Thanks received: 92
[ Ex-Zarp Community Member| Ex-SSRP Administrator| Ex-Deathrun Administrator ]
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Remixful.

Singleplayer Deathrun 8 years 10 months ago #153750

It's not really needed to be honest, if you have no friends you're lying, cause we're all friends in the Zarp community ( most of the time ) and I'm sure if you get to know those who play Deathrun, you could find some people to come on with you.

-Support, seems like too much work for something not needed.
  • stratiic
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • spitting in your mum's twat
  • Thanks received: 1452
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

207 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun