Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] New base rules

[SSRP] New base rules 8 years 10 months ago #147216

Server Name: SSRP 1 and 2

Suggestion Title: Fixing some base rules.

Anyone entering the base must be able to see where they are going. - Should be amended to "Clearly see where they're going" as right now some bases use near invisible textures that confuse and may disorientate people.

Bases must not cause headglitching. This means that you must be able to see at least half your character's torso when peaking

4.11 Raider-Defender Rule - Raiders must be able to shoot AND see you when you can shoot them. - Should be amended with a specific sub-rule that makes it so a certain amount of your body must be visible compared to your raider (no headglitching, basically)

4.14 Claiming Properties - You may only claim multiple rooms/buildings if you have enough people basing with you to make it worthwhile. The owner of the house is the one that owns the front door or the most rooms in the building. - Two different rules here for the same thing, needs one rule and one rule only.

4.3 Obstacles - Obstacles that slow the player down, or force them to crouch or jump are not allowed. This excludes the world. No mazes. "Obstacles that slow the player down" is very vague and open to interpretation.

How would it benefit the server: Some bases built currently are very hard to raid. Seriously, it would take a lot of skill to raid them. Now, that would be ok, if it took skill to defend them. It doesn't. You could stand behind a prop, peak out knowing EXACTLY where the raiders are, and headshot them before they can even react to you.

This also applies to the current "bank raid meta" where people headglitch in a fashion that is extremely unrealistic and VERY hard to raid.

Now, some people's excuses may be "oh but there's explosives." That is not a good excuse. A new player with skill should be able to be on par (if not exceed,) a veteran with little skill. The spammy nature of some of the guns is another, separate thing, but that's a totally different story.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Not at all.

Additional notes: Please, let's at least try to bring back good raiding, explosives aren't fun for either party, really.

Also, this is hardly fair, event if I won the firefight.

• exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by exrobite.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] New base rules 8 years 10 months ago #147219

Exrobite wrote:
very vague and open to interpretation.

The ZARP rules motto
  • Phantom_2207
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 41

[SSRP] New base rules 8 years 10 months ago #147222

Phantom_2207 wrote:
Exrobite wrote:
very vague and open to interpretation.

The ZARP rules motto

• exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

[SSRP] New base rules 8 years 10 months ago #147290

Exrobite. Unfortunately that is the point they get confused, Your mind will adjust it did for me. Just look at something and try figure your way round it. Then practice it in the game.

E.G Bank Raiding. They always have something to confuse your otherwise it will be too easy, also the opponents cant see you, thats both a disadvantage for both teams / people.

Sorry I have to

- SUPPORT
This part.
Anyone entering the base must be able to see where they are going. - Should be amended to "Clearly see where they're going" as right now some bases use near invisible textures that confuse and may disorientate people.
  • therealHarris
  • Junior Boarder
  • aka Harris
  • Thanks received: 6
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by therealHarris.

[SSRP] New base rules 8 years 10 months ago #147294

XxWhiteWolfxX wrote:
Exrobite. Unfortunately that is the point they get confused, Your mind will adjust it did for me. Just look at something and try figure your way round it. Then practice it in the game.

E.G Bank Raiding. They always have something to confuse your otherwise it will be too easy, also the opponents cant see you, thats both a disadvantage for both teams / people.

Sorry I have to

- SUPPORT
This part.

What are you talking about, via one way props the opponents can see you easily when you can't see them...
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

[SSRP] New base rules 8 years 10 months ago #147299

XxWhiteWolfxX wrote:

Sorry I have to

- SUPPORT
This part.

What are you talking about, via one way props the opponents can see you easily when you can't see them...

No that would be FDA, When you make it a material that is not visible or clearly seen through e.t.c
  • therealHarris
  • Junior Boarder
  • aka Harris
  • Thanks received: 6

[SSRP] New base rules 8 years 10 months ago #147306

XxWhiteWolfxX wrote:
XxWhiteWolfxX wrote:

Sorry I have to

- SUPPORT
This part.

No that would be FDA, When you make it a material that is not visible or clearly seen through e.t.c

Whatever you say

• exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

[SSRP] New base rules 8 years 10 months ago #148185

bump!
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

[SSRP] New base rules 8 years 10 months ago #148298

Exrobite wrote:
XxWhiteWolfxX wrote:

Sorry I have to

- SUPPORT
This part.

I would class that as prop shooting as you can't see them and they shoot you.
  • Zax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 98
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

259 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
19/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40