Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SSRP Suggestion For Staff

SSRP Suggestion For Staff 9 years 4 hours ago #134626

Server Name: Zarp SSRP

Suggestion Title: Can't really think of one, I just have a suggestion for Staff members.

How would it benefit the server: Alright, so that past few days i have been on SSRP just running around. Yesterday, I tried to be productive and became a glorious Hobo to minge about the alleys and streets. I began to make a Toll Gate as I knew I could so to be safe, I double checked the rules to make sure I could positively build one. So started one by the Banker, a few people rolled up 'round and started backseat moderating by screaming in my ear that, YOU CANNOT DO THIS! YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BUILD ON THE STREETS!!! I told them to read the MOTD such and sorts. When I get halfway done, Slapy comes up and deletes all my props. For sure i broken none of the rules, so I asked him why he removed them without saying anything to me and he said, " because a-lot of admins told me to." I asked whom he was speaking of and he told me Anna had told him to do so without inspecting the Toll Gate! I went to Keith about it, and he ended up favoring in the Admins place since I didn't have any proof nor did he see it. Yes I know very well Zarp has many dedicated staff, I just don't see how people are getting Moderator and Admin so easily! There needs to be way more training in certain aspects of the game. It was quite easy for me to achieve both ranks and there should be a tad bit more hustle to get it. It seems that people complain the most about staff members but extensive training is not given to them, rather than only commands shown in the Admin box. In all, when being trained they should test the moderators/admins to their extent of knowledge and see how they would reaction during different situations during the week.

Potential Issues/Exploits:N/A

Additional notes: None.
  • Hadoukeen
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Whatever you are, be a good one
  • Thanks received: 34
Login or register to post a reply.

SSRP Suggestion For Staff 9 years 4 hours ago #134631

I get your frustrations, and I think the extra training or maybe even random "tests" for (new) staffmembers would do us good. Do you have any vision on this? Like, how would you handle it? Don't be afraid to go into detail of course.

I hope you will edit your suggestion with this, as there will be more chance on an actual change with it.
  • illuminatixs
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Taste my rainbow!
  • Thanks received: 262
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hadoukeen

SSRP Suggestion For Staff 9 years 4 hours ago #134632

ill be adding on to the post to answer and or counter a question/topic about this ^^^
  • Hadoukeen
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Whatever you are, be a good one
  • Thanks received: 34
The following user(s) said Thank You: illuminatixs

SSRP Suggestion For Staff 9 years 4 hours ago #134634

I think we should add much stricter punishments for abusive staff!
A lot of times lead team says they will speak to someone but noone does, and if they do no punishments are made... I think demotion should happen more often!
  • Luxor
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 49

SSRP Suggestion For Staff 9 years 4 hours ago #134636

Luxor wrote:
I think we should add much stricter punishments for abusive staff!
A lot of times lead team says they will speak to someone but noone does, and if they do no punishments are made... I think demotion should happen more often!

I am sorry, but how can you speak for everyone in this case?
If I say I am going to speak to someone, I will speak to that person, and I do think almost all of us do if we say we will do. If you cannot trust your colleague on his/her word, then there might be a problem within the team.

The punishments are strict enough, I mean the 3 strike system is fine. Everyone can make a mistake from time to time, so giving someone some chances is a good thing. And if a staff member abuses his/her position extremely, it will be met with a strong punishment that goes beyond a demote. I think some more transparency would be great, but we don't want to hang anyone on the "Pole of shame" for making a mistake.
  • illuminatixs
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Taste my rainbow!
  • Thanks received: 262
Last Edit: 9 years 4 hours ago by illuminatixs.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

165 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32