Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Suggestion

[SSRP] Suggestion 9 years 3 months ago #101428

Server Name:
SSRP 1 and 2

Suggestion Title: Losing a small ammount of thier wealth upon death

How would it benefit the server: Making people actually care about thier lives, like for real. Every time i go on and for instance mug someone. They usually just run away. They simply don't care if they die. The idea is to punish them when they die. Of course not losing everything they have. I'm thinking about 20% of thier wealth. However they can still insert thier money in the bank that will spare it for them.

Now, before you comment, what about the spawn rdmers. Yes simply make it so they can't lose it there. And also if they die in mines they should lose alot less i'd say 5%. I don't think this part is even possible but my idea goes like all districs have zones. In all zones they lost a different about of money depening on were they are.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

But if it wouldn't work you would simply care alot more about your life even thought you die in spawn. You wouldn't troll as much and take it more seriously and follow all the fearRP rules etc.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Might now even be possible to make it so you lose no money in spawn.

And also mass rdmers that would kill everybody, but as long as you have most of your valuables in the bank you should not be afraid. I mean look at rust, you lose everything there when you die there, i have not seen any complaints. If this might sound very new maybe add it on only 1 server at first to see how it goes.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by catboy sven ツ. Reason: Fixing text
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] Suggestion 9 years 3 months ago #101434

How many refunds are you then going to get on the forums. Is this RDM? Is that RDM?
  • khaitam2001
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • The truth lies in darkness
  • Thanks received: 123

Resigned deathrun admin
Resigned SSRP admin

[SSRP] Suggestion 9 years 3 months ago #101459

None, thier fault if they do not care about thier life in game

If they are given a msg saying that they have died and lost a bit of thier wealth, they would sureley care about thier life.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

[SSRP] Suggestion 9 years 3 months ago #101565

-BUMP-
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] Suggestion 9 years 2 months ago #101632

Seems like a good idea since people would care about there lifes more , problem is people can just put money in the bank and be ok as you pointed out
  • The Hitman Jerry
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • People Die at the Fair
  • Thanks received: 491
Ex-Staff Member

[SSRP] Suggestion 9 years 2 months ago #101643

I think a punishment for dying is a good idea, but it shouldnt be a RP fine, think about a respawn timer. Thats 30 seconds or longer
  • Scarko
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Gr8 b8 m8
  • Thanks received: 85
add me on steam! | Youtube |
http://i.imgur.com/YHTqTfD.png[/center]

[SSRP] Suggestion 9 years 2 months ago #101666

That's actually something!

after they die they have a short while to maybe place their money in the bank.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] Suggestion 9 years 2 months ago #101684

It sounds good and all, but there are alot of issues with this, can cause huge amount of problems, I understand what you mean, I think it would be great but when it comes down to rules breakers this would go horribly wrong.
  • TiGzTeR
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Portuguese and Proud!
  • Thanks received: 850

I hope I helped and you can help me by thanking this post.

[SSRP] Suggestion 9 years 2 months ago #101731

TiGzTeR wrote:
It sounds good and all, but there are alot of issues with this, can cause huge amount of problems, I understand what you mean, I think it would be great but when it comes down to rules breakers this would go horribly wrong.
Exactly. Allot of things sound good on paper, but when you think about them ingame you have to realize that they wouldn't work at all. The amount of problems something like this cause because of RDM and NLR, it would be unreal. Its the same reason I refuse to add an NLR zone addon.

Also you can't compare Rust to Darkrp. They are 100% different.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

[SSRP] Suggestion 9 years 2 months ago #101757

Roleplay is supposed to be as if it was real life.

If you would die in real life, you would lose everything. Iam only saying losing 10-20% of wealth, however you can have them in bank.

This would also punish people for being afk in spawn farming gametracker hours maybe.

And to add up we said a timer, so 60 seconds after death and respawned you would not lose anything. Only after those 60 seconds so you have a chance to run away. I just want people to care more about thier lives ingame, which is not done without this addition. Think about it ingame this way, what if you were playing and this was added. You would run away from most people stay away keep on farming with money. You still had a bank to spare money in.

And yes you can compare rust with darkrp. The main goal is to get ahead of people in both games.

Can we atleast have a vote on this?
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] Suggestion 9 years 2 months ago #101760

aspectionz wrote:
Roleplay is supposed to be as if it was real life.

If you would die in real life, you would lose everything. Iam only saying losing 10-20% of wealth, however you can have them in bank.

This would also punish people for being afk in spawn farming gametracker hours maybe.

And to add up we said a timer, so 60 seconds after death and respawned you would not lose anything. Only after those 60 seconds so you have a chance to run away. I just want people to care more about thier lives ingame, which is not done without this addition. Think about it ingame this way, what if you were playing and this was added. You would run away from most people stay away keep on farming with money. You still had a bank to spare money in.

And yes you can compare rust with darkrp. The main goal is to get ahead of people in both games.

Can we atleast have a vote on this?
You cant compare RUST to DARKRP. Its completely unlogical. Rust you start out with nothing and have to work fairly hard to get to a decent point. With darkrp your surrounded by Guns and they are extremly easy to get. That means that you have a much higher chance if being killed especialy if someone decieds to just RDM. Any system that punishes players when they die in darkrp is stupid. Im sure you all know how offtain people get RDMED, its just the fact of the gamemode and the nature of gmod. While this is "based" on real life clealy you leave aspects out of it, specially if those aspects are extremly and utterly prone to abuse.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

The following user(s) said Thank You: KreeG

[SSRP] Suggestion 9 years 2 months ago #101761

I think you have missed the point of this. The topic is not about comparing rust and darkrp. We are finding a solution for people to stop break fearRp.

Yes, rdm is very common, i do agree. But the solution we had was to have a timer waiting for you 60 seconds so you would be immune to lose your wealth in your next life.

And again, can we vote? Atleast between the other owners?
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

[SSRP] Suggestion 9 years 2 months ago #101773

Sounds like a cool Idea! but i think having to wait when killed, is better than loosing money.

+Support!
  • Keith Cozart
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The one and only Keith Cozart
  • Thanks received: 1083
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

137 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127