Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Suggestion] Revise/Remove the current hit system

[Suggestion] Revise/Remove the current hit system 9 years 4 months ago #90289

Server Name:
SSRP

Suggestion Title:
Review/Remove the current hit system

Description:
Those who have known me on here will know that I have expressed concerns on numerous occasions about the hit system used on Dark RP. I'm happy to say that actually quite a few of my suggestions were implemented as part of the agreed upon 'test run' with older admins who are no longer present on ZARP to this day. The reason I'm making this suggestion is that unfortunately, the tweaks and adjustments to the system have not worked.

I am sick of seeing good roleplay shot down by people creating random hits. I'm sick of never having a mayor as he is killed instantly by hitmen. I am sick of people creating fail rp by advertising for others to create hits. ( Why would a hitman advertise his services in a public forum? ) When was the last time anyone made a hit for a VALID roleplay reason? Almost every single hit I have ever seen placed on someone is at complete random, in violation of NLR's conditions and leads to many people placing more and more money on to someones head just because other people have, even when they themselves have no reason to. Indeed, it seems that the Hitman job/system has been tested, tried and failed. We have applied tweaks and adjustments to make the system work in a way that does not create fail RP or random hits but it is now that we can see what needs to be done.

You know what'd be nice? If we didn't have this job. Yeah, I said it. I don't like this job and system on the server. If you want to be a hitman in a way that actually creates RP and not destroy it then I recommend the following: Pay a gangster/gang to do it for you. We don't need an automated system which encourages people to make petty 'revenge' hits and hits at complete random. Hell, it's so automated and easy to use that you can press F4 at any time and request a hit. There isn't even a box that asks for a reason. It's just *click* and done. This is being abused and has been abused for far too long. I have seen some of the people who I consider very good roleplayers just give up on what they are doing because of this poor system. Infinite amounts of RP, fun and effort has been wasted at the hands of hitmen who carry out what is essentially justified RDM.

Well, I'm sure we've all seen how bad the current system and it's effects are so I'll stop going on about it and get to the meat of the post. I'm calling for a serious revision of the hit system or an outright removal. I'd like you all to keep in mind that this system has been tweaked numerous times and has still had no improvement. I'm beginning to think that revision and updates are not the solution anymore. Honestly, I'd like to see the system removed indefinitely so that we can actually start having some good RP going on, especially in the areas of Mayor and government who are constantly impeded by this broken system. Is this radical? Yes. However, a soft approach is clearly not working and I'm tired of applying soft 'adjustments' to the system as a whole.

If it isn't obvious to you, even after all of these changes and tweaks that the system will never work then I'm afraid you need to seriously rethink your position. I'll leave this for the community to consider and weigh in with their opinions and hope that we can agree that the time to remove one of the most primal Dark RP jobs is now.

TL;DR
The hit system has been tried, tested and failed. It needs removing or a SERIOUS revision.
  • Dante
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2
Login or register to post a reply.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

132 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
13/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40