Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SUGGESTION] Bring back the radio system.

[SUGGESTION] Bring back the radio system. 9 years 4 months ago #89704

Server Name:

Dark RP

Suggestion Title:

Bring Back the radio system

How would it benefit the server:

I believe that the reintroduction of the radio system would benefit the server by really creating that extra feature that seems to be missing. It's hard to explain but I ask you, wouldn't it be nice to have something to listen to whilst you build that huge base? Or perhaps enjoy the feeling of immersion and depth added to the roleplay experience? Indeed, I believe this system would provide all of these things. It'd also give the currently useless radio manager job some purpose.

Potential Issues/Exploits:

Idiots decide to use it for spamming. Please see notes on this matter.

Additional notes:

Well, first of all a bit about me. I'm an older member of ZARP coming back for the Christmas holiday and decided to donate to have a bit of fun with my old friends on here. Distinctly in the days of old ZARP I can remember the fun we had organizing radio shows for the server populace. Not mingy, spam shows either. Real, proper, professional radio talk shows. We'd interview the mayor, discuss current affairs and hold contests for the listeners to partake in. This was an indescribable amount of fun, and I don't exactly believe that my words can do it justice. In fact, I'd much rather articulate my points via voice on teamspeak.

Essentially, I'd like to see the radio system reintroduced. My points on here are a bit brief, but I'm more than willing to have debates and discussions about this on TS with administrators to quell any concerns and elaborate upon my points. One striking question appears however: '' Wont people just minge and spam with this? ''. Yes. They will. Unless however one of the following two options are adopted.

1) Make the job VIP only. This will allow VIP members who are here to stay on ZARP and have a good time to fully enjoy the experience whilst restricting potential minges and trolls from gaining access and annoying the hell out of everyone with a radio.

2 Have the job require an application to be approved and whitelist people accordingly. Again, this provides the same benefits as the above option but with a bit more certainty in that you'll know if the players gaining access to the system will fit the bill as a radio host.

I cant stress enough how I'd like the chance to make my point for this via voice on Teamspeak. I'm much better at making a point on there and would be willing to arrange a time for the proper people to discuss this possibility with me. I miss the days where the radio had so much power in the roleplay world of ZARP. The power to inspire riots, the power to give people that unique feeling of immersion and the power to give people such as myself the chance to have a blast and employ our real life skills into the RP.

Thank you.
  • Dante
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2
Login or register to post a reply.

[SUGGESTION] Bring back the radio system. 9 years 4 months ago #89707

+Support sounds fun
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man