Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Adding Wiremod to the server

[SSRP] Adding Wiremod to the server 9 years 5 months ago #79031

Server ZARP DarkRP
Suggestion Adding Wiremod to the servers
How would it benefit the server Wiremod is an addon used by many servers. Players can create great contraptions and it can really draw more public to your server. People commonly sell dupes so it could also create a new market in-game.
Potential Issues/Exploits
People commonly say that Wiremod is easily abused by many people. I'm quite sure that all problems can easily be tackled. A lot of tools can simply be restricted so people can not abuse these anymore, but then the problem of Expression 2 arises. A lot of people think that E2 is the ultimate minge tool and therefor should not be on a server, or only be restricted to those who pay. However, the most used functions to troll using E2 are the color / material functions, propcore, holo and the sound functions.

All of these functions can be commented out in the source code of Wiremod, however, this would break a lot of E2 chips. A better approach would be to comment out the functionality, but leaving the function within the code, so that chips will work but only the functions that are allowed will run.

Holo is commonly abused to put spheres around people's heads and using that to make people blind. By commenting out all holo features, sound functions are commonly used to spam really loud noises, propcore is used to make propkilling devices (props flying around above heads, then attacking people), apply force and apply torque is used to make props fly into things and the find* functions can be used to create printer finders. If you make sure that printers can not be found using E2 chips or target finders, but only using Rangers, custom E2 functions could be written so people can create a screen that shows all the money currently in their money printer. I once already created functions like this, but these could be changed, removed or more added to work with your printers and work to your likings. Functions like this could allow people to make a bank and exactly show how much is in a printer without actually having access to the printer, so that bankers can notify people that there is a lot of money in their printers (just an example)

Additional notes
There is a console command to disable Wiremod modules, however, this command is known to be broken. Disabling propcore using the console command doesn't actually disable propcore, and allows the functions still to be used.
  • Ruben
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 6
You don't know the man, nor his history
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Ruben.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] Adding Wire to the server 9 years 5 months ago #79033

when you say wire, then you mean wiremod ofc right?

Anyway, it is wiremod,
the last server i was HA on had wiremod, in the start was it great, but i firgure quick out, that wiremod detroyed the rp, yeah, you could make auto gunstores and stuff, but there was some thing that just was detroying it, like really much.

i gonna vote -support
sry

Written on Mobile
  • Patrick TM
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Zarp Map Developer
  • Thanks received: 615

[SSRP] Adding Wiremod to the server 9 years 5 months ago #79034

You are right, I changed "Wire" to "Wiremod" in my post. And no problem, obviously not everyone is going to like the idea, though, I think it should be voted for. I'm not even entirely sure if it has been suggested before.
  • Ruben
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP] Adding Wiremod to the server 9 years 5 months ago #79035

+Support i like this, since im good at wire and we can do more possibilities with it. But what about crashing exploits and stuff.
  • Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"
  • Thanks received: 211

[SSRP] Adding Wiremod to the server 9 years 5 months ago #79036

Ruben wrote:
You are right, I changed "Wire" to "Wiremod" in my post. And no problem, obviously not everyone is going to like the idea, though, I think it should be voted for. I'm not even entirely sure if it has been suggested before.

Indeed, but i think its great to trying to get some new stuff into the servers, or suggesting to..
and i miss wiremod, but i don't want it on rp servers :)
  • Patrick TM
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Zarp Map Developer
  • Thanks received: 615

[SSRP] Adding Wiremod to the server 9 years 5 months ago #79041

Wiremod E2 is easily exploited and can even be setup to scan around for printers and other entities.
ZARP usually has around 60-90 players and even then the amount of server issues due to crashes and other issues of the sort (jittering screen) is far too high to think about adding in more stuff. The simple thing is that Gmod servers are not the best at handling crap tonnes of addons and that goes double for high populated servers like the ZARP one. This idea would be easily added and seen fit for a 20-40 player slot server where the traffic of players is much smaller and therefore the risk of crashing is lowered.
I personally have exploited wiremod on countless servers and unless they have drastically changed it since I last used then I don't think it is needed. Want wiremod? Go on sandbox I guess because high pop DarkRP servers don't need it.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

[SSRP] Adding Wiremod to the server 9 years 5 months ago #79045

One word to say no to this.

ABOOSE
  • Tettra
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The original Good Boy™️
  • Thanks received: 930
I'm an ex at a lot of things:
Global Moderator
SSRP Admin (I was SuperAdmin for 10 seconds as a mistake)
Minigames Owner
Teamspeak Staff
Minecraft Mod (lol)
Deathrun Mod

I used to go by Fennster4 but now I’m cooler

[SSRP] Adding Wiremod to the server 9 years 5 months ago #79075

For the people saying it will be abused or can be exploited, I gave quite detailed information on how to solve this, so that would be an invalid reason to vote no.
  • Ruben
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP] Adding Wiremod to the server 9 years 5 months ago #79076

This mod is so adaptable it is very easy to abuse. I think it is too overpowered to go on the server as with the right knowledge people can create really over powered things. We already have keypads and I think that is the only thing that role play needs and we have that without wiremod.

-Support
  • Wallcop
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • My opinions. Nothing more nothing less.
  • Thanks received: 284
Ex-PERP Super Admin/Government Supervisor
Ex-TTT Admin
Ex-SSRP Admin

[SSRP] Adding Wiremod to the server 9 years 5 months ago #79077

• Dcxbigdaddy
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 1178
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wallcop