Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Admin Class rule change

[SSRP] Admin Class rule change 10 years 1 month ago #44425

Server Name: Semi Serious RP

Suggestion Details:

Change the rules so that if an admin has involvement with you for NON RP PURPOSES (e.g - flown in to your base or speaking to you as part of a dispute) they are NOT ALLOWED to raid you for the duration of your current session on the server, regardless of class.

How would it benefit the server:

I've had it a number of times where admins have flown into my base to scope the place out aka "check that I wasn't breaking any basing rules" (which I don't anyway), only to return later as a different class and raid... not cool. I've also had admins playing police fly into my base MID RAID to check that my base is raid-able (which it was). You know, you can't referee a football match AND play for a team at the same time.

I think if any admin is on the server, they are there to either admin or RP. You can't switch between the two on the fly otherwise there will be bias. The best RP servers I have played on in the past have always had designated admins that do nothing but admin for their entire play session.

Potential Issues/Exploits: There aren't any, this prevents issues and exploits
  • ItsMax
  • Fresh Boarder
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Admin Class rule change 10 years 1 month ago #44428

Hmm if this was to be put in place then almost all the admins that want to RP and handle issues would not be able to do anything. If you are in favour of that then fair enough but I don't think this is the way to go about it.

When an admin comes into your base after doing an F1 and roleplaying they tend to leave your base for a while as if NLR is taking place.

Also when it comes down to it your base should also be visible and show the exact way of entering so that it does not break the maze base rule. And if your base follows all the rules then I can hardly see how an admin could gain any advantage in raiding it.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

[SSRP] Admin Class rule change 10 years 1 month ago #44435

LazyBro wrote:
...almost all the admins that want to RP and handle issues would not be able to do anything...

Yet the Admin Class rules state that there is "NO raiding or INVOLVEMENT IN RP"

Having a hard time reading anything after that considering the angle you're coming from contradicts the rules but anyway... The whole point of my suggestion is to enforce the fact that if you are there to admin, you are there to admin & if you are there to RP, you are there to RP. Doing both simultaneously just causes problems.
  • ItsMax
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP] Admin Class rule change 10 years 1 month ago #44438

Admins are like players too they do actually enjoy playing the gamemode for what it is and not slaves. They are not allowed to have any involvement in RP and are not allowed to raid that is correct. The point I was making is that admins who come while roleplaying to handle an F1 because they want to help someone out then they should not remember anything about the base anyway and I hardly see how this puts a player at a disadvantage. Maybe if you learned to read the rest of my post you would've understood where I was coming from and you should stop coming off as an ignorant child.

The staff at ZARP teach the staff how to handle situations and what not to do. If you could provide evidence of this issue actually happening then your point would be valid but as of now there has been no complaint such as this and to me all it seems this post is doing is showing how you want to restrict admins. Thank You.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] Admin Class rule change 10 years 1 month ago #44444

You obviously took my response quite personally, which isn't very professional considering you are a Super Admin on the server. At no point in my reply did I state that I DIDN'T read your post, which makes your remark about my ability to read rather ironic.

Besides, I'm not here to argue nor "restrict admins"... merely enforce the rules already in place to make the game a fairer, more enjoyable experience for everyone - especially the regular players who account for 90%+ of your player base.

If any other staff members have an opinion on my suggestion then I'm willing to listen to what you have to say. Aside from that, thank you for your time.
  • ItsMax
  • Fresh Boarder

[SSRP] Admin Class rule change 10 years 1 month ago #44445

Ok you are entitled to your own suggestions and opinions but all in all this is only going to restrict admins from a large portion of the roleplay aspect of DarkRP and would in turn cause them to avoid doing F1's so they can continue to roleplay. If this is what you are wanting then continue fighting for your suggestion :)
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] Admin Class rule change 10 years 1 month ago #44484

so what youre saying is if someone checks your base they cant raid anymore pretty much. I see how you think its unfair but I don't think its unfair as you believe it is. Simply by dieing to/in your base a player can move their camera around and get a good enough feel for your base.

It would be unfair to staff if they had to do their job and someone calls for a base check, they do it, then now if they want to rp according to you they cant go near your base anymore. dude thats not cool
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text
  • Thanks received: 97

[SSRP] Admin Class rule change 10 years 1 month ago #44493

Yet the Admin Class rules state that there is "NO raiding or INVOLVEMENT IN RP"

The administrative class says that, but that isn't an administrative policy, therefor it applies solely to that job.
You obviously took my response quite personally, which isn't very professional considering you are a Super Admin on the server.

Oh please. You're basically saying that as he's a member of our lead team, he's not allowed an opinion that you don't like or that contradicts yours.
enjoyable experience for everyone

Key word in what you said there. Technically, spending time going to situation after situation, often receiving abuse or an earful of bullshit, day after day would be an unrewarding experience that wastes our time in which we could have been spending on better things.

However, lots of our staff have a cause: that cause varies from staff member to staff member, but as stated in our staff policies they are not required to do their duty 24/7. By removing the permission for staff to do this whilst roleplaying, you effectively prevent that large group of staff who aren't on duty all the time (and aren't at liberty to be, anyway) from doing your job.

Hey, if that's the way you want to play your cards, as Lazy already pointed out, don't go complaining about the F1 service and 'lack of it' - because look who pissed off the staff members by changing the system that affects the free time they spend on the server.

I'm not expected to, nor am I going to defend what your point will say here, in that it says "you do your job as an admin, an admin on duty which you should be a lot of the time". There's a reason to that, and it is that it fails to look at other sides of the story. Like we said, you (a lot of our playerbase) complains about our F1 system as it is.

Let's give this a scenario, you're going to cause the same problems for yourselves. You can't raid somewhere that's propblocked, you make an F1 but all of our staff are roleplaying and forbidden to respond. You take your own RP experience away by trying to take away ours, because let's just remember - that's technically what you're doing by asking us to do this.

You need to go away, learn to appreciate that the majority of these staff can be accounted for in saying that they work hard in their spare time to serve the users and make their time on our DarkRP server enjoyable, and let's admit it: possible (you know, the fact that if we had no staff, there'd be total anarchy.) When you've learned to appreciate that, and considered whether your argument is still valid and not going to cause issues with the entire server's player experience, be my guest and come right on back.

Would you like to come out of your base to help someone, then when you come back to your base from helping that user, you realize that you can't help yourself? Some servers don't even have an administrative class.

Think about it. You'll be in both positions yourself: the user who can't get his cries for help answered due to some guy's unreasonable suggestion on the forum, and then the raider who has staff return to where they would have been anyway to defend their own goddamn RP. They're considerate to others, but you can't be considerate to them? I really don't think so.

Regards,
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Chris.

[SSRP] Admin Class rule change 10 years 1 month ago #44504

You can lock this topic now.
  • ItsMax
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by ItsMax. Reason: Too much effort for what it's worth
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

216 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32