Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Car Thieves. Where's the Justice?

[SSRP] Car Thieves. Where's the Justice? 10 years 1 month ago #44166

Server: ZARP - DarkRP - Friendly Community

Title: Car Thieves. Where's the Justice?

Suggestion: Change the wanted system to allow other players to attack and kill those who are using a lock-pick "or possibly keypad crackers too" without fear becoming wanted.

Benifits: Thieves will have much less free reign over our poor citizens. This would also empower gun dealers to defend their stores for when thieves try to lock-pick their way in. This would in no way bring an end to theft, but would certainly reduce hair-pulling.

Potential problems: Someone with some skill in lua or the sort would need to make the suggested changes. It's also conceivable that players could attack policemen who are using a keypad cracker to get into an area. A simple solution is to make the system automatically want players who attack police- no exceptions. Or, just have the rule apply to lock-picks since police can simply use battering rams.

Notes, and the story behind the suggestion:
Ever had a car? Odds are good you've had it stolen right before your eyes. A master thief probably walked right up to it, pulled out his lock pick, and stole your car in broad daylight. The other day, I thought "ENOUGH". So I pull a gun out of my inventory and shoot the car thief, nearly killing him.
Of all the times for the police to show up, only after this moment, a police does show up: to arrest me.
I was so furious with this, that I put the police up for demotion. This was not the right response to this situation because it's still a crime to shoot someone who has not shot you first, but when laws are unjust, you fight to change them.

Car thieves are a serious problem in the server and the cops really don't seem to do much about it.
The wanted system discourages citizens from protecting their property, forcing a 100% police dependent system. This produces a server job population consisting mostly of thieve thieves simply because stealing cars is a good way to make money and piss people around with relatively little danger.

This is not the only solution to this problem. Citizens could be granted a "Slap" swep which when fired at someone, forces them to stop whatever they're doing, such as lock-picking. However, this can easily be abused and thus I decided not to suggest it.
  • ArbytheDragon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2
Signatures are for people who don't think they're cool enough without one.
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by ArbytheDragon. Reason: Fitting the format.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] Car Thieves. Where's the Justice? 10 years 1 month ago #44167

Hey ArbytheDragon, you should reformat your suggestion to fit the template found here.

Also I hear what you are saying and sort of agree with the defending of your car and base but at the same time still think that car stealing is a good incentive for people to protect and keep their cars safe rather than overcrowding the streets with random cars like what used to happen before there was the car scrap NPC. Thanks.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

[SSRP] Car Thieves. Where's the Justice? 10 years 1 month ago #44168

LazyBro: Hey ArbytheDragon, you should reformat your suggestion to fit the template found here.

Done.
Btw, this quote system is odd.
  • ArbytheDragon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2
Signatures are for people who don't think they're cool enough without one.
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by ArbytheDragon.

[SSRP] Car Thieves. Where's the Justice? 10 years 1 month ago #44201

I know what you are saying, I don't think this is a good thing for the server however. By implementing this then with the same logic there should be a system for guards/bankers/gun dealers not to get wanted when they are defending a storefront, or drug dealers and gangsters for when they fend of their base (that the cops don't know there is illegal goods inside)

I think that the logic behind not having it this way is that in real life you would still be heavily prosecuted if you kill someone in self defense, where as if you were to call over a cop to your house minimal action against you would be taken.

Dont quote me on this last part but I think it says in the laws that killing is illegal even in self defense, not sure
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text
  • Thanks received: 97
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

216 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun