Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] MoD NoClip

[SSRP] MoD NoClip 10 years 1 month ago #42662

Ingame Name: SegataSam
Which server is this suggestion for?: SSRP
What would you like to add?: The ability for mods on duty to have noclip without the need of a Super Admin granting it.
How would it benefit the server/why do you want this to be added?: Being a moderator is quite haphazard without noclip, and it's difficult to approach others and instruct those who need help with their F1's - when you are not in noclip mode, you can easily fall victim to being killed while on duty... all of these things make it difficult to assist others without a Super Admin being online.
Could this be exploited in anyway, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable?: If moderators were given the ability to use nolcip, then they could use it outside of the 'Mod on Duty' job - by restricting the accessibility of the command to only those who are 'on duty', this would not be exploited.
Additional notes: N/A
  • Justice
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • on-and-off for 7 years.
  • Thanks received: 125
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Justice.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] MoD NoClip 10 years 1 month ago #42664

I do not agree with this suggestion, as moderators is like a trial adminstrator showing that you actually can handle stuff without all the powers, noclip is basicly just a bonus for when you're adminstrating, however it shouldn't be an issue to actually take care of F1's without noclip. I do think noclip should still be just for admin rank and above.
- Regards, ZuaXX.
  • ZuaXX
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 10

[SSRP] MoD NoClip 10 years 1 month ago #42666

ZuaXX wrote:
I do not agree with this suggestion, as moderators is like a trial adminstrator showing that you actually can handle stuff without all the powers, noclip is basicly just a bonus for when you're adminstrating, however it shouldn't be an issue to actually take care of F1's without noclip. I do think noclip should still be just for admin rank and above.
- Regards, ZuaXX.

The main issue is regarding the lack of Super Admins - if the command were accessible to admins then that would also make everything a lot easier.
  • Justice
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • on-and-off for 7 years.
  • Thanks received: 125

[SSRP] MoD NoClip 10 years 1 month ago #42670

There's no lack of superadmins, we should be able as moderators to actually take care of stuff like this ourselfs, honestly I do not think we need noclip to solve F1's, however there is quiet a few active admins aswell that can help you out if you got an issue where you really need noclip. As I said the moderator is just a "trial" rank, untill you get put to admin / apply for it.

I do still disagree with this suggestion.
  • ZuaXX
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 10

[SSRP] MoD NoClip 10 years 1 month ago #42671

I do think that when you are on duty you should get it and then when you go off duty it should be automatically removed.
  • Beck
  • Junior Boarder
  • "When life gives you lemons, Fist your dad"
  • Thanks received: 55

[SSRP] MoD NoClip 10 years 1 month ago #42701

I agree with Beck that would be a great idea!
  • hopking1
  • Senior Boarder
  • dont worry about
  • Thanks received: 124

[SSRP] MoD NoClip 10 years 1 month ago #42702

No no no and no.
This is NOT an good idea, moderator is the new accepted staff rank there is a reason why they don't have noclip one of them is that we have had this before were it was being abused like crazy. thats why only superadmins can give noclip to people.
I do not agree on this and I personally think that this is an stupid suggestion( Sorry if this offends anyone).
  • Xhantium
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex CM
  • Thanks received: 99
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Xhantium.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Optec

[SSRP] MoD NoClip 10 years 1 month ago #42703

This has already been suggested and discussed in Lead team previously. The conclusion was that Moderators will be able to have noclip automatically only when they are on duty. As soon as they come off the power is removed. So you suggestion basically has been accepted previously, we are just waiting for it to be implemented in the game. Hope this has answered any questions you may have or has given you a clearer idea to what is happening. In short, you are getting noclip for MoD's, we just don't know when.
  • Elemental
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 58
Elemental
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

246 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127