Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Staff members ranks system

Staff members ranks system 10 years 2 months ago #39710

In-game name: Matthew Nameful

Which server is this suggestion for?: DarkRP (maybe other servers too)

What would you like to add?: What I'd like to add is staff member ranks and change the way we elect/demote/promote staff members. This is how it would work:
After you get accepted as a Moderator, you would have a 1 week test period where you could show what you can do. After the 1 week test period, the Admins on the meeting would decide if you should be kept or demoted back to User. It would help staff members to notice if you're going to be a good Admin or not.
After staying as a Moderator, then it would go the way it is now, so a Moderator has to be elected to be an Admin on the meeting. After being elected, you would receive the Junior Admin rank and you would have the same priviledges as the actual Admin. A month after becoming the Junior Admin, you would become a Senior Admin. You may now be elected to be a Super Admin.
What I also want to suggest is the Owner rank, which would of course be granted to ChuteUK, since he's the Owner and he's the one that rules all, so he shouldn't be the same rank as the Super Admins (of course everyone knows he actually has more power than Super Admins, what I mean is that it should be pointed out).

So the hierarchy of the ranks would be:
- Owner (rules all)
- Super Admin (staff management, all the important server-related stuff, as it is now)
- Senior Admin (a very expierenced Admin that knows how to administrate and is ready to become a Super Admin)
- Junior Admin (less expierenced Admin that must learn alot before becoming a Senior Admin)
- Moderator (a fresh staff member after the trial period, ready to become a Trial Admin any time soon)
- Regular users and VIPs (normal community members, must obey staff members or they face a punishment)
Of course you would have to obey people higher rank than you, as always.

How would it benefit the server/why do you want this to be added?: It would help the server alot, because what I've noticed is that, e.g. Player X becomes an Admin and a week later player Y becomes a Mod. Ater a few weeks, Player Y gets promoted to Admin, because he's a very good Moderator and now Player X is technically the same rank and is looked at the same way as Player Y, even though Player X has been a staff member much longer than Player Y and is much more expierenced.

Could this be exploited in anyway, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable?: It would not be exploitable at all, it would help sorting out the community alot and point out who has more expierence.

Additional notes: Well, I just hope it'll be discussed on a meeting. This addition doesn't require much effort, it only requires the time of the Super Admins and their attention. We don't have to do it my way, but what I mean is that we should have more staff member ranks, just to make some sort of a proper hierarchy.
  • Nameful
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 109
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Nameful.
The topic has been locked.

Staff members ranks system 10 years 2 months ago #39711

As a wise Konth once said:

We can have junior moderator, then super junior moderator, then trail moderator, then moderator, then junior super moderator, then trail super moderator, then super moderator, then junior junior head moderator, then trail junior head moderator, then junior head moderator, then super junior head moderator, then junior trial head moderator, then trail trail head moderator, then trail head moderator, then junior super head moderator, then trail super head moderator, then super head moderator.

Of course,

Nope.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Staff members ranks system 10 years 2 months ago #39715

I like it as it is now

i'm not saying its a bad idea but I do not think it seems so necessary

-SUPPORT
  • [r]-Reaper--[z]
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • -Reaper-
  • Thanks received: 17
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by [r]-Reaper--[z].

Staff members ranks system 10 years 2 months ago #39716

Too many ranks equals too messy for players. Won't work.
  • Optec
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • You go in a war to kill, not to get killed.
  • Thanks received: 101

Staff members ranks system 10 years 2 months ago #39717

Just because you like the way it is, it doesn't mean it's good for the community. I didn't suggest that just because that's my desire, I suggested that so we have more ranks and more management.
Still, thank you for the feedback.
  • Nameful
  • Senior Boarder
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Nameful.

Staff members ranks system 10 years 2 months ago #39721

How would it benefit the server/why do you want this to be added?: It would help the server alot, because what I've noticed is that, e.g. Player X becomes an Admin and a week later player Y becomes a Mod. Ater a few weeks, Player Y gets promoted to Admin, because he's a very good Moderator and now Player X is technically the same rank and is looked at the same way as Player Y, even though Player X has been a staff member much longer than Player Y and is much more expierenced.
This makes no sense at all. If Player "X" has been staff member for so long, and is much more experienced, wouldn't he put up for superadmin? If not I doubt he's ready/meant for it.
but what I mean is that we should have more staff member ranks, just to make some sort of a proper hierarchy.
I really dont see the need for it, and by reading the comments, the others dont either.
Could this be exploited in anyway, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable?: It would not be exploitable at all, it would help sorting out the community alot and point out who has more expierence.
Would it really?
It wouldn't do much good though..
I suggested that so we have more ranks and more management.
You call it management, I would give it a better word.. Unneeded?

You basically want to get admin split up into two, to show a more superior admin than the other, in other words, you want to become a Senior admin, to be more superior than the other.
- Junior Admin (less expierenced Admin that must learn alot before becoming a Senior Admin)
Not correct, let's say we have someone that is very experienced coming from another community, joins this one, and gets told he's not experienced, and must learn alot. Maybe he needs to learn some stuff, but he'd learn most of that as moderator wouldn't he?

Maybe you dont want to be more superior than the other, and just want to split it up into two, to show that the senior admin is more experienced.

Shamely Matthew Nameful, we already have a rank for that, it's called Super Admin.

I also noticed you said Junior admins must wait a month to get Senior admin, okaaay, thing is.. This Junior gets Senior, but what if he isn't experienced at all? The whole system would be fucked up, wouldn't it? Unless we change the ranks back to admin, which shows the moderator should be experienced in the first place to get admin.

Junior and Senior would also cause rivalty between admins, the senior would usually be more arrogant acting like the junior is actually a junior which doesn't know anything.
The junior would usually hate the senior (unless friends or good admin) because he is a senior, and the junior isn't, just because the senior has been here longer, the junior and senior would cause disruptions which zarp just doesn't need.

Would you want grudges and whatnot in the community? I think I get your point, you want a rank showing the experience, but eh, solving much? No. If the admin that is experienced, and isn't a superadmin, he either isn't ready/meant for it or he's a admin that's just let's say "invisible senior admin"

Usually the bit older admins/supers that do their jobs well are seen as "upper superiors" which is fine, and most definitely dont need the title of Senior admin or Senior superadmin. Saying this, it brought me up the idea, you cannot get superadmin for some reason, and desire a rank resembling it, if this is so, it would be personal and unneeded.

I think you want these two ranks for one of the reasons I just said.

All of these reasons however, are reasons to just not have them.

Too many ranks equals too messy for players. Won't work.
Also a reason to not have it again.
but I do not think it seems so necessary
Oh, again a good reason.
As a wise Konth once said:

We can have junior moderator, then super junior moderator, then trail moderator, then moderator, then junior super moderator, then trail super moderator, then super moderator, then junior junior head moderator, then trail junior head moderator, then junior head moderator, then super junior head moderator, then junior trial head moderator, then trail trail head moderator, then trail head moderator, then junior super head moderator, then trail super head moderator, then super head moderator.

Of course,

Nope.
Yeah, having too much ranks doesn't help at all.

I hope you consider the bad effects this will have.
  • Smallville
  • Expert Boarder
  • Smallville
  • Thanks received: 81
Smallville

I'm back.

Staff members ranks system 10 years 2 months ago #39724

+Support

There does need to be a more stable and clear ranking structure.
Personal Opinion
  • THEP3N9U1N
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 30

Staff members ranks system 10 years 2 months ago #39726

THEP3N9U1N wrote:
+Support

There does need to be a more stable and clear ranking structure.
Personal Opinion
Could you do us a favor and explain how YOU think the current structure is unstable and or unclear. Im not seeing the problem?
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Staff members ranks system 10 years 2 months ago #39731

its not completely unstable per se, just it feels some people are higher than others although they are the same ranks, for example, Chris is the highest rank and a super admin, yet many others are also super admins.

speaking from a players POV anyways.
  • THEP3N9U1N
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 30

Staff members ranks system 10 years 2 months ago #39733

I can see where Matthew is coming from but I don't like the thought of seeing this many ranks instead I wouldn't mind an in-game counter showing how long that member has been staff and how long a time in-game he has played the admin on duty / mod on duty job or we could count the number of F1s handled just in case a new moderator or admin needs a little help they could add someone that has a lot of F1s completed because there is a high chance they know what to do in most situations.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

Staff members ranks system 10 years 2 months ago #39744

Smallville, if you're going to accuse me of power hungerness, then I would consider you not posting on here. All I want on the community is more constructed rank system, to sort out staff members and help the community.
  • Nameful
  • Senior Boarder

Staff members ranks system 10 years 2 months ago #39749

This is going to complicate things.

We have a simple rank system, and it works: there's no need for this 'system'.

Last time we had a suggestion for a new rank at ZARP was like 'super mod', it received plenty of negative feedback and was honestly not needed.

As for Owner rank, this is the exact same reason we don't have a community manager rank built in: simply because they are community ranks, not server ranks.

Our current system works, therefor there is no need for this.

DENIED
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
The following user(s) said Thank You: i7moody009, Nameful
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

175 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun