Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [DARKRP] Nameful's pack of ideas

[DARKRP] Nameful's pack of ideas 10 years 3 months ago #38221

In-game Name: Matthew Trynkiewicz Nameful I

Which server is this suggestion for?: DarkRP

What would you like to add?
1. Disallow people to build huge bases with big walls which are usually built near the Mine or in the housing district They look very unrealistic and waste server's resources.

2. Edit the Explosives dealer NPC.
The explosives NPC is very OP, everyone can buy grenades for a crap price and they just toss them around mass RDMing, what I want changed is:
- Disallow jobs like citizens, hobos, mutants, Mayor to buy grenades
- Grenades should be 2000$/each
- There should be a 1 minute cooldown between each grenade purchase
- The amount of grenades that can be purchased should be limited to 30 (restocks every 30 minutes)
- Change the code of the grenade, so it can't be used as ammo for flash/smoke/explosive grenades from CS:S.

3. New jobs
Explosives dealer
Raid: No
Print: Yes
Base: No
Playermodel: Eli Vance from HL2
Allowed every gun, VIP only, sells grenades and SLAMs.

Lawyer
Print: No
Playermodel: CS:S Hostage
Nothing bigger than a handgun allowed, has an unarrest stick, can bail people out for money (min. 500$, max 2000$)

Secret service
Playermodel: Barney from HL2
Protects the PD or the Mayor, all weapons allowed.

4. Disallow Bankers/Crafters/Miners to own big guns
I really think that all these jobs should not have big guns at all, they're just simple people working hard in a totally legal way, they can just call the police, hire a guard or buy a handgun to protect themselves.

5. Add "Base" sub-thingy to the job rules.
I think there's not much to explain, under each job's rules there should be a thing like Base: No/Yes

6. New Mayor system
We should allow the Mayor to tax the people of the ZARP town. He should be able to set the taxes varying from 0 to 75%, the money would go to the town treasury and he would be able to purchase perks for the Policemen (damage resistance, dealing more damage, running faster, spawning with an M4 or a MP5 etc.).
The treasury would be placed somewhere in the PD and the gangsters could raid the PD to get 90% of the treasury money.
Also if the treasury goes down to 0$, the PD workers wouldn't get their paychecks. If the Mayor gets killed, the taxes will get set to the standard of 15%.

7. Removal of Prison guard (followed by adding the Secret service)
Prison guard wouldn't be needed if the Secret service would be added.

8. New policemen models
I suggest we change the Police and Police Chief playermodels, so they look more real-life like.
Here's the workshop link: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121961644

9. Fix the lockdown
As you all may know, some Mayors tend to do useless lockdowns for small reasons like "People shooting" and the lockdowns then stay forever, with some people enforcing them, and some don't, which creates MANY random arrest F1s.
What I want to suggest here is to make a lockdown cooldown which would be 10 minutes. Also the lockdown would stop automatically after 10 minutes.

10. Change the way warrants are displayed for the Mayor
The warrants pop up on the left top corner, just like job votes, so Mayors usually ignore them or accept them very late. What I suggest is that each time someone makes a warrant, a big window should pop up on the Mayor's screen stating all the info, followed by a loud, noticeable sound.

11. Change the rule about getting warrants for wanted people
If a person is wanted, they're automatically warranted, but the rules say that even if one's wanted, you still need to get a warrant, which is useless, because they're already warranted automatically if they get wanted.

12. A list of warranted and wanted people for cops
It'd be more useful to check if someone is wanted or warranted, because it'd make Admin situations easier and would help cops alot. Cops would have a command like /showcrimes that would show them a list of wanted/warranted people with reasons, time and who wanted/warranted them.

13. More plants to plant
There are 5 levels of growing and you don't really get anything for reaching levels 4 and 5, so what I want to suggest is an ability to grow new plants, like ecstasy plant that would be an ingredigent for the druglab and would come with level 4, creating good profit.
My other idea is to add a sunflower plant, it would come with level 5, giving a huge profit or health if you consume it.

How would it benefit the server/why do you want this to be added?
I want this to be added because I feel like the server lacks some DarkRP standards. I realise that my ideas would take a long time to be implemented, or they will not be implemented at all, but I believe that our developers have incredible skills in coding, as seen on our server, but I believe we're lacking something, just think about it.

Could this be exploited in anyway, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable?
I think that my ideas would not be exploited, they would even fix exploits and make the game more comfortable.

Additional notes: N/A
  • Nameful
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 109
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Nameful.
The topic has been locked.

[DARKRP] New rules, remove explosives NPC, new job 10 years 3 months ago #38222

- Support
  • account
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Former Dark RP Moderator
  • Thanks received: 33

[DARKRP] New rules, remove explosives NPC, new job 10 years 3 months ago #38224

Good:

-Big bases rule

Bad:

- Camera rule

Terrible:

-Gun rules (I agree with only crafter and miner)
-Explosive NPCS

We don't need a new vendor job, and if we allowed grenades to be holstered people will exploit the glitch causing them to be abused even more.

Drug dealers are criminals, so they can have illegal guns. Bankers need to defend themselves, they are defending a lot of expensive stuff.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[DARKRP] New rules, remove explosives NPC, new job 10 years 3 months ago #38235

Maybe you're right about the drug dealers and cameras, but I never said we should allow people to holster grenades. The NPC is too cheap and people abuse it alot. Adding an Explosives dealer job for the VIPs would not be exploitable or overpowered at all, it would be a great addition for VIPs.
About the Bankers, they have their Guards and they can always call the police.
  • Nameful
  • Senior Boarder

[DARKRP] New rules, remove explosives NPC, new job 10 years 3 months ago #38238

Gogo3a wrote:
- Support

You will have to provide a reason to - support this suggestion. Speaking of - supporting / + supporting, coincidentally there's a topic regarding this.
  • Optec
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • You go in a war to kill, not to get killed.
  • Thanks received: 101
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nameful

[DARKRP] New rules, remove explosives NPC, new job 10 years 3 months ago #38286

Nameful wrote:
and some people unfreeze them

:whistle:
  • Blazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The things you own end up owning you.
  • Thanks received: 37
If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Blazer.

[DARKRP] Nameful's pack of ideas 10 years 2 months ago #40064

The thread got re-wrote from scratch on 20th February 2014 16:41 GMT+1, with new ideas and some ideas improved.
  • Nameful
  • Senior Boarder
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Nameful.

[DARKRP] Nameful's pack of ideas 10 years 2 months ago #40067

I agree with most of the stuff you suggested like:
+2. Edit the Explosives dealer NPC.
+3. Lawyer and Secret Service jobs but not removing the prison guard. I think the Secret Service should infiltrate gangs and enemy bases then report the information back to the PD but cannot destroy anything or kill anyone when infiltrating gang bases.
+4, 5 & 6

I do not agree with the new skins for the cops and the removal of a prison guard because the new skins look really weak compared to the current combine ones we have just now. I quite enjoy the combine skins that the server has just now as they look like powerful and evil characters which in most cases they are.
I do not think there is a need for a new vendor that only VIPs can have because that would bring about another job that could just have easily been squeezed into the black market dealer (who would sell explosives).
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

[DARKRP] Nameful's pack of ideas 10 years 2 months ago #40070

Big bases use less resources or the same as little bases because you use bigger props that is the equivalent to lots of small props.
  • Beck
  • Junior Boarder
  • "When life gives you lemons, Fist your dad"
  • Thanks received: 55

[DARKRP] Nameful's pack of ideas 10 years 2 months ago #40071

Yeah I agree with that. Big bases are good because they make use of empty places for when the server is at peak time and buildings to base in are running short.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

[DARKRP] Nameful's pack of ideas 10 years 2 months ago #40073

I like all of this, but some things such as new jobs and such, have already been discussed and probably won't be added. Other than that, there's not much to not like here (Opinionated). +Support to the majority.
---
  • Zan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 131

[DARKRP] Nameful's pack of ideas 10 years 2 months ago #40081

I rarely do this, but i am going to +support this because i totally agree with the new jobs and rules.
How about a removal of the explosive dealer npc, and then just keep the job you suggested.
  • Optec
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • You go in a war to kill, not to get killed.
  • Thanks received: 101

[DARKRP] Nameful's pack of ideas 10 years 2 months ago #40083

+ Support
The lawyer thing i like it :)
- Support
Big bases : I know it isnt nice but i want some more freebuild place .... only the 'parking' is avaible
  • iShinoxx
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 9

[DARKRP] Nameful's pack of ideas 10 years 2 months ago #40092

1. Disallow people to build huge bases with big walls which are usually built near the Mine or in the housing district They look very unrealistic and waste server's resources.

They waste the server's resources when it's a bunch of small props, but not when it's big props. In regard to them being unrealistic, welcome to DarkRP - you can have doors that fade, police that can teleport you to jail and mutants which carry knives.
2. Edit the Explosives dealer NPC.
The explosives NPC is very OP, everyone can buy grenades for a crap price and they just toss them around mass RDMing, what I want changed is:
- Disallow jobs like citizens, hobos, mutants, Mayor to buy grenades
- Grenades should be 2000$/each
- There should be a 1 minute cooldown between each grenade purchase
- The amount of grenades that can be purchased should be limited to 30 (restocks every 30 minutes)

In fairness, the nade isn't that OP unless you use all three. I do agree that we should prevent certain jobs from purchasing them, and that we should maybe bump up the price a little bit. Conversely, you have to understand that anyone who does abuse the nades is easily apprehended and therefore it shouldn't restrict how other player's can use them. Also, you're restricted to three of each type, thus we don't need the 1 minute cooldown.
Explosives dealer
Print: Yes
Playermodel: Eli Vance from HL2
Allowed every gun, VIP only, sells grenades and SLAMs.

Explosives dealer sounds good, but they don't need to be able to buy every gun.
Lawyer
Playermodel: CS:S Hostage
Nothing bigger than a handgun allowed, has an unarrest stick, can bail people out for money (min. 500$, max 2000$)

Again, this is DarkRP. People aren't going to be too fussed about the short time that they are in jail for, and that means that a lawyer added to extend roleplay for the prisoners will be ignored: we intended the prison guard to be heavily roleplayed, but that didn't have too much luck either.
Secret service
Playermodel: Barney from HL2
Protects the PD or the Mayor, all weapons allowed.

The mayor is meant to be protected by all forces, I think this takes away that sense of high security and significance so I don't agree with this.
4. Disallow Bankers/Crafters/Miners to own big guns
I really think that all these jobs should not have big guns at all, they're just simple people working hard in a totally legal way, they can just call the police, hire a guard or buy a handgun to protect themselves.

I do not agree with this. Again, the server is semi serious - bankers should be able to help defend their establishment, miners should be able to defend the mine collectively against mutants.
5. Add "Base" sub-thingy to the job rules.
I think there's not much to explain, under each job's rules there should be a thing like Base: No/Yes

Nah, it's pretty much explained if you can base or not.
6. New Mayor system
We should allow the Mayor to tax the people of the ZARP town. He should be able to set the taxes varying from 0 to 75%, the money would go to the town treasury and he would be able to purchase perks for the Policemen (damage resistance, dealing more damage, running faster, spawning with an M4 or a MP5 etc.).
The treasury would be placed somewhere in the PD and the gangsters could raid the PD to get 90% of the treasury money.
Also if the treasury goes down to 0$, the PD workers wouldn't get their paychecks. If the Mayor gets killed, the taxes will get set to the standard of 15%.

Are you kidding? 75%? That's not going to happen, as much as I wish people to make use of the banker NPC.

It would be limited very much. Perks for policemen will not happen, but perhaps we could have a room in the PD coded to be a stockroom where the mayor can bump up weapons for the forces that can be raided, but the forces can only take one of each.

There'll also be no standard tax without a government.

Treasury also sounds good.

We need a reason for people to raid the PD, this should fill in that gap.
7. Removal of Prison guard (followed by adding the Secret service)
Prison guard wouldn't be needed if the Secret service would be added.

No. No. No.

No.

You're not expanding on it, you're practically renaming it.
8. New policemen models
I suggest we change the Police and Police Chief playermodels, so they look more real-life like.
Here's the workshop link: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121961644

Sounds good, was planning to have the exact same addon on SRP.
9. Fix the lockdown
As you all may know, some Mayors tend to do useless lockdowns for small reasons like "People shooting" and the lockdowns then stay forever, with some people enforcing them, and some don't, which creates MANY random arrest F1s.
What I want to suggest here is to make a lockdown cooldown which would be 10 minutes. Also the lockdown would stop automatically after 10 minutes.

There's already a cooldown. If the city keeps getting locked down for what seem to be valid reasons, the public always have the option of raiding the PD.

What does need to be fixed is the ability for staff to remove a lockdown, and the lockdown ending when the mayor dies.
10. Change the way warrants are displayed for the Mayor
The warrants pop up on the left top corner, just like job votes, so Mayors usually ignore them or accept them very late. What I suggest is that each time someone makes a warrant, a big window should pop up on the Mayor's screen stating all the info, followed by a loud, noticeable sound.

Warrants need redesigning. The mayor system is useless, he never knows what's going on first-hand at a base, so why should it be any of his interest? What if he's RPing/trying to shoot someone down with a deagle when this pops up in his face?

Generally, I think warrants should be auto accepted, and the warranted player should also recieve a notification like the one you get when you are sent to jail.

This should also be logged.

There's my opinion.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nameful

[DARKRP] Nameful's pack of ideas 10 years 2 months ago #40130

Ok so here's what I think:
1 ) Definitely not! - It allows players to really show off their building skills. And most bases that are fully built from scratch are Amazing. Basically meaning, get rid of this.. I will shank you :lol:
2 ) Yes! - This should be done to prevent many F1's about RDM where players are throwing grenades for fun into stores.
3 ) Yes! - This server has remained the same for a while now so I would really look forward to new jobs to spice it up a little. I would also LOVE to see a new map.
4 ) Yes! - This would encourage bankers to hire guards therefore using players in the RP situations. I think crafters and miners shouldn't be using big guns at all to be honest. Their job is to craft and mine only.
5 ) Yes! - This would be very helpful to new players.
6 ) Not really - I like the idea however I think its too much messing around. I do like the idea of the gangsters being able to raid the PD for a cash sum. So maybe the players could still pay tax and its kept in the PD (Mayors office?) and the gangsters are able to steal from it.
7 ) Yes - Due to the fact I'd like it replaced with the secret service.
8 ) Yes! - I was extremely excited about this idea just from reading it, I would love to see these models in the game.
9 ) Yes - The lockdown causes so many F1's about RDA even when the Mayor has been killed or disconnected. This would prevent those F1's from occurring.
10 ) Yes! - This would prevent any Random demotions as the Mayor would be able to CLEARLY see the warrants. Even I've got into a habit of not noticing the vote system any more.
11 ) Yes - This needs to be cleaned up really, either keep it as it is and change the rule. Or preferably make it so that players MUST warrant always before entering a base.
12 ) Maybe - I like the idea of this and agree that this could be really useful. But i don't think it's needed.
13 ) Maybe - Again I like the idea, it could make game play more interesting. I think players could have the opportunity to own a meth lab. So there are different industries in the drug business.
  • Elemental
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 58
Elemental
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Elemental.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

146 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32