Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Dark RP] Job Ideas

[Dark RP] Job Ideas 10 years 3 months ago #37604

Ingame Name: 0ctocat
Which server is this suggestion for?: Dark Rp

What would you like to add?: No limit on Gangster and Police job
How would it benefit the server/why do you want to add this?: I see both of these jobs as the minimum level for each faction of the law, removing the limit from these jobs would help keep a larger player base online at a time due to a job/side not being available. Also this could help prevent job abuse, by removing the limit on gangster, players would be discouraged to use jobs such as Gun Dealer to base/raid and other "the good"
Would it be exploitable, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable?: shouldnt be
Additional notes:
N/A

Novelty Classes:
What would you like to add?: Pet (Dog/cat)
How would it benefit the server/why do you want to add this?: just for fun, some people like to mess around while remaining non-hostile this could help. Also would provide another fun class
Would it be exploitable, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable?: potentially
Additional notes:
Would be small size to distinguish itself as a pet, could base/raid ONLY with others
Would be allowed to distinguish itself as either side of the law to allow police dogs/cats
Please mute anything that is this class if possible. I dont want to hear a 9-99 year old barking or meow that would piss me off fast

Weapons Not allowed to use anything besides grav-gun and maybe a bite swep that does 1-2 damage
Playermodel One of the following perhaps
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...71970&searchtext=cat
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...95319&searchtext=dog

(Maybe just copypasta a similar thing to noobonic plagues crab people- its interesting)

What would you like to add?: Cook
How would it benefit the server/why do you want this to be added?: Class would be similar to drug dealer, the player butes entities into a blender/microwave then buffs would come out along with a bit of cash, this would be an alternative to drug dealer for non illegal operations. HOWEVER less money would be recieved from the microwave encourageing the player to sell the buffs. Additional buffs could be provided besides the ones the drug dealer is capable of producing.
Could this be exploited in anyway, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable?: I really cant think of a situation where it could be
Additional notes:
Maybe allow mixing the ingredients for complex results
Ideas for additional buffs include: Increased damage, high health regen. high jump height.
Player model could be a CSS scientist/hostage

The Good
What would you like to add? Superhero (batman/zarpman)
How would it benefit the server/why do you want to add this?: Giving an alternative to the vanilla police force, while remaining not overpowered yet fun to use
Would it be exploitable, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable?: potentially
Additional notes:
Wouldnt be able to /wanted or /warrant
Would be able to witness crimes
Cannot be corrupt or base
For max effectiveness would need a police sidekick
Vip only?
spawns with 300 health and 50 armor
not allowed to have weapons
Weapons
Tazer (Maybe)
Arrest Stick
Fists Swep
Some kind of Grappling hook

What would you like to add?: Riot Shield Addition to SWAT and SAS
How would it benefit the server/why do you want this to be added?: Current game meta allowed baseing to be EXTREMEALY easy police need a tool to use to get into heavily guarded bases instead of just rushing or sniping
Could this be exploited in anyway, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable?: Potentially this would have to be tested

The BAD

What would you like to add?: Unlimited slot for gangsters
How would it benefit the server/why do you want this to be added?: I see gangster as a default citizen but for the criminals, players in some cases want to do criminal activity when the capacity has been reached for all criminal jobs and end up doing so as a neutral class, this could fix it
Could this be exploited in anyway, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable?: Only possible down side is that it could deter people from going police
Additional notes: N/A

What would you like to add?: Unarrest stick for sale on BMD
How would it benefit the server/why do you want this to be added?: Would allow more then one faction/gang to free their prisoner(s). One unarrest stick on the entire criminal side is a bit strange imo.
Could this be exploited in anyway, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable?: N/A
Additional notes: N/A

UNFINISHED NOT DONE YET- I had alot more but it got deleted as my pc crashed
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text
  • Thanks received: 97
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by 0ctocat. Reason: reformatted some things
Login or register to post a reply.

[Dark RP] Job Ideas 10 years 2 months ago #41007

Going to bump this up for some feedback.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

[Dark RP] Job Ideas 10 years 2 months ago #41013

Let's bump together
haha great idea! +support
  • Agent47
  • Senior Boarder
  • When life gives you lemon. Go murder a clown.
  • Thanks received: 39

Agent47©
Friendly zarp DR admin!

[Dark RP] Job Ideas 10 years 2 months ago #41019

Hmm..... I like the idea of a pet. I think superhero should be a rank that you can get after being a Police Chief or SWAT Leader as it would have to take some hard work to get to the rank!

I think that the limits should stay the same as too many of each rank just causes chaos!
  • Rare
  • User is blocked
  • Prophunt Manager
  • Thanks received: 7

"Try and be like a turtle - at ease in your own shell." ~Bill Copeland

[Dark RP] Job Ideas 10 years 2 months ago #41021

I mean Semi-SeriousRP is not super serious and all but having a dog "job" is not exactly very good. I mean it seems completely unnecessary because if a player wants to pretend to be various house animals they can feel free to /job <jobname> if they are into that sort of thing ;3.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

[Dark RP] Job Ideas 10 years 2 months ago #41047

Oh shit I should finish this
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text

[Dark RP] Job Ideas 10 years 2 months ago #41057

It sounds really cool, I like all of them :) great. Lets just see what other people think of this.
  • TiGzTeR
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Portuguese and Proud!
  • Thanks received: 850

I hope I helped and you can help me by thanking this post.

[Dark RP] Job Ideas 10 years 2 months ago #41098

like all of them. except Pet and Superhero.
why? pets are completely useless, you'll always see them raiding with knives and acting it's their fangs.
superheros, another overpowered class. i've always came past servers that have those overpowered classes for VIPs. 4 classes that are available for everyone, the rest, open your wallet or go away.
just don't like those two jobs. the rest are cool. also the riot shield for SAS, no. even if you think to have it for SWAT. no. if you only let it as a destroyable cover. which has like 450 HP, then yes. if you attack with it then please no
  • abcu
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • the spoone is real -the matricks
  • Thanks received: 63
dont rdm

[Dark RP] Job Ideas 10 years 2 months ago #41118

Swami wrote:
why? pets are completely useless, you'll always see them raiding with knives and acting it's their fangs.
superheros, another overpowered class. i've always came past servers that have those overpowered classes for VIPs. 4 classes that are available for everyone, the rest, open your wallet or go away.
just don't like those two jobs. the rest are cool. also the riot shield for SAS, no. even if you think to have it for SWAT. no. if you only let it as a destroyable cover. which has like 450 HP, then yes. if you attack with it then please no

Pets:
I don't think you've read this part "Weapons Not allowed to use anything besides grav-gun and maybe a bite swep that does 1-2 damage"

Superhero: I think ive seen alot of classes like the one you are talking about, but I also think that having one fun class for donors cant hurt the server at all. My view for this class is although strong is that its pretty much a melee based class, a fun class, but would require a degree of skill to use efficiently.

Riot shield: Dont say "just no" what is your opinion why? baseing is extremely easy in this meta police/raiders need a good tool to help and to make base building be a bit more of a challenge.

I want opinions with reasons not just an opinionated "no"
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by 0ctocat.

[Dark RP] Job Ideas 10 years 2 months ago #41121

0ctocat wrote:
Swami wrote:

Pets:
I don't think you've read this part "Weapons Not allowed to use anything besides grav-gun and maybe a bite swep that does 1-2 damage"

Superhero: I think ive seen alot of classes like the one you are talking about, but I also think that having one fun class for donors cant hurt the server at all. My view for this class is although strong is that its pretty much a melee based class, a fun class, but would require a degree of skill to use efficiently.

Riot shield: Dont say "just no" what is your opinion why? baseing is extremely easy in this meta police/raiders need a good tool to help and to make base building be a bit more of a challenge.

I want opinions with reasons not just an opinionated "no"

Taking criticism is a key part to the suggestions section, if you do not like people's opinions then you shouldn't post a suggestion because there is going to be people that disagree with you. I personally feel that what Swami said was perfectly reasonable and did provide helpful ideas alongside his opinion.

Also he did let you know that he thought it would alright for the riot shield to have a certain amount of hit points as long as you cannot attack players with it. Be it a good idea or not it is still his suggestion and opinion.

Anyway I dislike the pets idea because there is almost no need and the player models would be awkward if we got new ones and if not then it wouldn't be a pet would it :/ other than that I don't mind the others
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by LazyBro.

[Dark RP] Job Ideas 10 years 2 months ago #41124

Yea pets could be bad in that as people would play them similar to mutant and just avoid rules and a new model could be inconsistent with our server I really didnt think that through. And all I had a problem with was that his reasons weren't really there, he also didn't like the riot shield I read it as he counter suggested a stationary destructible prop.
  • 0ctocat
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Flavour Text

[Dark RP] Job Ideas 10 years 2 months ago #41126

I think that SAS/SWAT jobs aren't that different from police jobs in ZARP, which is exactly different than it should be or than it is in real life. I believe that the riot shield would be a great addition to this job :D.

Batman definitely feels great as well, but it shouldn't be so easily accesible. By that I mean you should have some kind of overall score or gameplay time to access it, because we don't want newcomers and trolls to be grapple-hooking (I just made that word up) all over the map.

I have no idea what to think about the pet, but some kind of fun job would be nice :)
  • cockper
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I know what you're thinking, punk
  • Thanks received: 7
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

149 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40