Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Update Rules - Stop Killing The RP

Update Rules - Stop Killing The RP 10 years 4 months ago #37501

Hello,
I am LazyBro a player on the ZARP DarkRP server and I am here to voice my opinions on the lack/failure of certain rules and how they are upheld by the administrator/moderator team. I know not all admins/mods are terrible but believe me some are.

I am here mainly due to the fact that a certain base I created for the hobo job was deleted and told that it was FailRP and that it had to be removed or I would get a warning. I was obviously shocked at how the base could be FailRP as it suited the hobo theme and also was not blocking the street so I took another gander at the rules again and noticed nothing to do with this FailRP accusation. I would now like to post the images of my base and let you be the judge.

Image 1:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Image 2:

Image 3:

Now noticed the rules that are listed for building that include the hobo job and FailRP:
- Do not propabuse (that includes killing, surfing, etc. - climbing is no longer acceptable either as roofbases are no longer allowed)
- You need permission from an admin to build your base in the street/on the sidewalk unless you are a hobo.
- No skybases. Anything that floats must be supported at the corners.
- The hobo is the only job that can build on the streets by default.
- Your base must suit the poor theme.

When I was building near the mine shaft I was also around several admins and mods that were complimenting me saying it was a really good idea and that I had permission to build and place it as long as I asked them about the place I put it. I did so every time I placed it.

This post will probably most likely end up being ignored by the admins that done this but oh well. This post wasn't about how long I put into building it but how boring they are making the server, if they want more players I suggest either upgrading their hosting, lowering the player cap or enforcing the rules and stop making them up as they go along. Xhantium I know you were the one that gave Angry Kitty the order to tell me to remove it but I made this to ask why you want to bore the server for most people like me. I donated too for VIP thinking the server wouldn't be so harsh on those who make harmless buildings for anybody to see and use for RP purposes. Turns out that's what the admins would rather do than get rid of the people that RDA/RDM about 20 players at a time and only get a demotion.

Thank You For Reading :(
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303
Last Edit: 10 years 4 months ago by LazyBro.
Login or register to post a reply.

Update Rules - Stop Killing The RP 10 years 4 months ago #37503

Hi Lazy,
It does look neat, and i do credit you for making it look nice, but as in the rules as you stated below, state that - No skybases. Anything that floats must be supported at the corners. As you can see, it isn't supported at the sides, it is all supported by i believe to be a tree? Which isn't allowed, you also have floating stairs? Since when do you see random pieces of wood floating in the air forming into stairs? Either make it a legal base or it could be subject to being deleted, especially when it is a skybase.
P.S. Image 1 and Image 2 are both the same links, just FYI.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418
Last Edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Bezzy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LazyBro

Update Rules - Stop Killing The RP 10 years 4 months ago #37505

Thanks, I have made many changes to it recently when the admins decided to actually speak to me. The reason I was angry was the way it was handled. I was told "Sky base remove now" so I removed the walkway I had. I then came back to see the admins removing my actual tower and giving no reason what so ever or any advice on how to fix it. I was angry that I spent time making something just for an admin to come over and remove it in front of me. I will post the updated images tomorrow when I can get online for a longer time.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

Update Rules - Stop Killing The RP 10 years 4 months ago #37532

Hello LazyBro,

Thank you for voicing your concern over the administration team, we take all accusations / complaints very seriously. I completely agree, there is nothing wrong with that base as far as I can see. Personally I see it like this, no one was affected by the building of that base, even if it did break a tiny rule, if you're not using it for profit and it doesn't negatively impact anyone, it's ok. I, and I hope many other staff members, strive to enhance your role-play experience, this base would enhance your experience and wouldn't impact on other peoples', so what's the problem with it?

In conclusion, I agree with your views.

Have a nice day,

Exrobite
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

288 PLAYERS ONLINE