Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Admin Training/Test

Admin Training/Test 10 years 8 months ago #27962

Note: Didn't use template because it does not apply to this type of suggestion.

There needs to be something where inexperienced admins can learn a bit of admin common sense and have much better judgement.

Too many admins are ignorant/arrogant and are pretty much doing what they want when it comes to dealing punishments. If you don't want people DDoS'ing, then perhaps you should start fixing the people that makes the majority of your player base the most angry...the admins and mods.

I understand that by saying "admins" i am accusing everyone, but please understand that i am mostly referring to the group that i have witnessed making admin newbie mistakes. I won't point fingers as i don't wish to have people demoted, i'd rather give them a chance to learn and improve.

I also understand that i come from backgrounds where management was strict and smooth like a well oil'd machine and so my opinion on what a good admin is might seem quite strict and too serious to you all, but it doesn't mean that you should have virtually no management at all.

You see i don't really get mad when someone is breaking NLR to try and raid me (unless of course theres a lot of them doing it). I don't get mad when someone RDMs against me and the people in my base.

What i DO get mad over, is the poor judgement and ignorance of some of the admins/mods or the childish unprofessional behaviour. I mean...these people are representing ZARP, and all i can see is ignorance/unprofessionalism/arrogance. Gives a very poor image of what ZARP is, and that's a shame.

I have seen many communities die due to poor management and administration. I don't really want a community that has a blessing from "Hero" to suddenly waste his efforts by allowing idiocy to happen amongst the ranks.

Please take the admin trainging/testing into consideration, it would be a shame to lose a server with such good features.
  • MrJustin
  • User is blocked
Login or register to post a reply.

Admin Training/Test 10 years 8 months ago #27963

You must understand how frustrating it is for an admin, we dont have that much mods on duty. So it's really frustrating for us. We try ofc to be as proffesional as possible, as greeting you, and saying have a good day, sir.
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569

Admin Training/Test 10 years 8 months ago #27967

Jacob wrote:
You must understand how frustrating it is for an admin, we dont have that much mods on duty. So it's really frustrating for us. We try ofc to be as proffesional as possible, as greeting you, and saying have a good day, sir.

Spinning around on the spot making noises when dealing with an F1 has no excuse...
Also i have been administrating different games/servers/dedis for the past 10 years, i understand completely.

Don't have much mods on duty? well i've seen plenty. I'm not too bothered about formalities, it's the fact that rules are broken by admins and mods quite frequently, and they act like as if everyone doesn't have a clue.

Like just now, you assumed that i don't understand what it's like to be admin on a medium sized server, when actually i have probably more experience than any of your staff. I want less excuses or cover ups and more people actually taking this seriously.
  • MrJustin
  • User is blocked

Admin Training/Test 10 years 8 months ago #27969

If you wish to dispute an administrator, or one of their actions - report them. That gets us somewhere.

Don't just generalize and talk about YOUR experience. That doesn't get us anywhere.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

Admin Training/Test 10 years 8 months ago #27985

I am suggesting admin training, i'm not here to report anyone. I was merely giving an example as to why i am suggesting it.

What would get you somewhere would be to sort out the admins and mods. Several of you have even admitted that they are aware of the abuse and rule breaking amongst admins and mods.

Again, can someone treat this seriously?
So far i've had 1 guy trying to make excuses and another talking about 1 sentence out of the entire thread.
  • MrJustin
  • User is blocked

Admin Training/Test 10 years 8 months ago #27991

I will talk to Noxer about reintroducing staff training.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Admin Training/Test 10 years 8 months ago #27997

Christopher wrote:

I'd be happy to help train some mods.
  • pjread01
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 19

Admin Training/Test 10 years 8 months ago #28001

£I'mBritish£ wrote:
Christopher wrote:

I'd be happy to help train some mods.

He refers to ADMINS requiring training too.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Admin Training/Test 10 years 7 months ago #30732

Bumping.

This could be quite useful.
Especially from Mod to Admin Transfer
Aswell for those who are already admins.

A weekly check of admin will be even better.
  • Destiny
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 57

Admin Training/Test 10 years 7 months ago #30735

well i didnt understand the mod system its like "pay to be an admin"
so its kinda of wrong cause everyone who have the money can buy it
i think he need to be veteran in the server,know to deal with problems and other players,know the rules verywell
and afcurse not to be a shity person
[url=http://www.fxp.co.il:3is6czku]
[/url]
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

149 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT