Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [DENIED]Change rule: Button/keypads should be clearly seen next to a fading door

[DENIED]Change rule: Button/keypads should be clearly seen next to a fading door 10 years 8 months ago #26623

Account name, steam-id and in-game name?: Sir Gavin The Cat, STEAM_0:0:5442162, Sir Gavin The Cat
Which server is this suggestion for?: ZARP DarkRP

What would you like to add/change?: The ability to place keypads/buttons in different areas other than next to the fading door so that a good base can have a secret room.

How would it benefit the server/why do you want to add this? So that secret rooms can be built to give both a sweet secret area for builders/homeowners, and that it would give raiders more challenge in raiding bases (especially highly developed bases).

Would it be exploitable, and if, how could we make it non-exploitable? This could be exploited, but this can be avoided by admins doing inspections of the base to see if it clarify's as a secret room.

Additional notes: I built this mansion on darkrp in which I fitted in a secret room. the way you open it, you must open the the locked keypad in which can be opened by a button which is visible, you must find the keypad and when cracked the secret room opens. but this rule has caused admins to question my base.

I was thinking that this rule can be modded so that if your base had a built in secret room, you are allowed to place hidden buttons/keypads (not invisible, just not so obvious).
  • verse
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3
The topic has been locked.

[DENIED]Change rule: Button/keypads should be clearly seen next to a fading door 10 years 8 months ago #26624

verse wrote:
I built this mansion on darkrp in which I fitted in a secret room. the way you open it, you must open the the locked keypad in which can be opened by a button which is visible, you must find the keypad and when cracked the secret room opens. but this rule has caused admins to question my base.

I was thinking that this rule can be modded so that if your base had a built in secret room, you are allowed to place hidden buttons/keypads (not invisible, just not so obvious).

I believe it would ruin Dark RP if we did this.
As it would be unrealistic and very annoying for raiders.
-Support!
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

[DENIED]Change rule: Button/keypads should be clearly seen next to a fading door 10 years 8 months ago #26628

Scottie wrote:
Morgan Of Freemans wrote:
verse wrote:
I built this mansion on darkrp in which I fitted in a secret room. the way you open it, you must open the the locked keypad in which can be opened by a button which is visible, you must find the keypad and when cracked the secret room opens. but this rule has caused admins to question my base.

First use the template, secondly I believe it would ruin Dark RP if we did this.
As it would be unrealistic and very annoying for raiders.
-Support!

Not to mention how fragile the rule is to abuse.

Bases can be inspected by admins to avoid abuse of the rule, if its accepted.

Also fixing the format...
  • verse
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[DENIED]Change rule: Button/keypads should be clearly seen next to a fading door 10 years 8 months ago #26629

If hiding the keypads would be allowed, it would be hidden keypads all over the place
  • Nightfightt
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • If you got an issue, grab a tissue. ZARP Veteran
  • Thanks received: 5

[DENIED]Change rule: Button/keypads should be clearly seen next to a fading door 10 years 8 months ago #26630

NighT wrote:
If hiding the keypads would be allowed, it would be hidden keypads all over the place

I mean so that keypads/buttons can be hidden only for secret rooms not for normal doors.
  • verse
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[DENIED]Change rule: Button/keypads should be clearly seen next to a fading door 10 years 8 months ago #26640

The admin keypad checker does not work. We could have people lying that their keypad to open the cupboard under the stairs is really linked and working to that.

[font=courier:1simwnjn][size=360:1simwnjn]-SUPPORT[/size][/font:1simwnjn]
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

[DENIED]Change rule: Button/keypads should be clearly seen next to a fading door 10 years 8 months ago #27038

It would also be a lot of work to have admins checking bases all the time.

-Support.
  • BaronVonSchnitzelmeister
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • What are you doing in my swamp?
  • Thanks received: 79

[DENIED]Change rule: Button/keypads should be clearly seen next to a fading door 10 years 7 months ago #27129

My dad has one of those keypads in his store, and it's right next to the door.
It would be fail RP if the keypad is behind a couch, the wiring of the keypad would be kinda...messed up

People would start making no-collide props, to 10 different rooms, and make 2 keypad in each of the room, that would be kinda fail RP aswell.

But thanks for suggesting this! This might just be me being weird, as you know me XD.

-support Sorry :(
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569

[DENIED]Change rule: Button/keypads should be clearly seen next to a fading door 10 years 7 months ago #27539

This suggestion has received much criticism, and wouldn't be feasible.

The rule is there for a reason, verdict:

[size=360:14ulbzj3]DENIED[/size]
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

250 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun