Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Remove "Scanner"?

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #19357

It's Blaine <3
Steam_0:1:19166452
It's Blaine <3
Server 1: DarkRP

I think it just encourages random raids
You could try and make it so only wanted people could be scanned, their homes etc.

Right, so basically, Night, Bobai and I were basing in a house, printing, doing drugs, etc... when we were met by 4 cops (Randomly) trying to break in, we were all puzzled as why until i looked down at the HUD - i was wanted for 30k for printing and drug labs, ofc after the raid we talked to the cops and they said they scanned us, which was random and they carried out their random raid.. i lost lots of money as did Bobai and i believe it should be removed, it just encourages random raids, if you have a scanner, ofc you're going to go around scanning every building you see.. i don't think it's neccessary but whatever, i just don't like the look of it within the first day :(
The topic has been locked.

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #19678

+Support as it's pretty unrealistic to have scanners.
  • Dynamic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #19781

Lets get some facts of the board,

Police have heat scanners, money printers and drug lab generates alot of heat, besides cops should be more power-full than the criminals, to prevent people from camping in bases 24/7
  • Agentlulz
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 11

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #20420

Dynamic wrote:
+Support as it's pretty unrealistic to have scanners.

Scanner's are good becose really cops should have more power so its not that bad.
  • Spam
  • Fresh Boarder

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #20423

I think the scanner should be a tool only to be granted by the police chief.
  • Trails
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #20669

[size=360:13gtr550]-SUPPORT[/size]

i think the skanner is more going to get nerfed insted of removal re-do the post and il support for a nerf
  • [ZARP]Releven
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • DarkRP what is that?
  • Thanks received: 35
Is this where i put like 89 signatures like all the 12 year olds?

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #20783

Scanner will never be removed. The police need an upper hand.
I reckon agentlulz said that in the server today ^

As for nerfing it, such as reducing the area at which it scans, I don't think this should be done either. It's enough that these gangsters got billions of dollars and are armed to the teeth with grenades, M249s, and AWPs, I don't think we need to put the police even more at a disadvantage.

[font=georgia:27suuxwt]-SUPPORT[/font:27suuxwt]
  • ArbytheDragon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2
Signatures are for people who don't think they're cool enough without one.

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #20905

Hey, Just thought I'd throw some facts down since this community seems like it's run by people who do not understand life :) .

Police enforcement do not have Heat Scanners / Thermal imaging camera or super spy satellites that can magnify to the point of a penny.

They outsource to certain privileged government bodies that do the work for them, using billion dollar equipment.

Even the best Recon systems are limited when it comes to let's call it (seeing through things). They certainly can not detect if you have a HP or Dell computer via looking through a wall or any other electronic devices that's for sure. They can only assume certain things on things like electronic and gas bills.

What you may be getting confused with is when TV shows do this, It's of course all fake, Also you may be getting confused by drug raids.

When large amount of drugs are produced in say a Drug Farm or Lab this radiates heat which escape the house/building via windows or the roof, using months of stored images they can gather intel.

Considering printers produce no where near the amount of heat that a small garden in your house produces covered in lamps then on that basis alone the scanner is flawed and non-logical.

So hear is a sum-up.

Cops do not have this technology, why? Think about it, are cops really going to put billions of dollars into equipment like this only to have it all destroyed when it violates privacy. Obviously not.

If it did exist which it clearly does not, then the military would be the only people using it and it would be wrapped up in so much government money and the fact that it in theory breaks laws they have defiantly not made this public and in fact cops would not have this equipment which would properly cost millions each.

Anyway, as I've clearly stated above, you have made this "scanner technology" up and is non-rp and unrealistic. I understand cops need a bit of a boost but not in the expense of role-play. It also has been abused a number of times as I've witnessed tonight and that person was also a superadmin.

So anyway, if you want to keep this "scanner" you should at least warn people when they enter your server that there is non-rp tools and weaponry that classes use and there is nothing they can do about it full stop.

p.s It's 4am here so my spelling may be abit off. Thanks!

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #20913

infamousmax wrote:
Hey, Just thought I'd throw some facts down since this community seems like it's run by people who do not understand life :) .

Police enforcement do not have Heat Scanners / Thermal imaging camera or super spy satellites that can magnify to the point of a penny.

They outsource to certain privileged government bodies that do the work for them, using billion dollar equipment.

Even the best Recon systems are limited when it comes to let's call it (seeing through things). They certainly can not detect if you have a HP or Dell computer via looking through a wall or any other electronic devices that's for sure. They can only assume certain things on things like electronic and gas bills.

What you may be getting confused with is when TV shows do this, It's of course all fake, Also you may be getting confused by drug raids.

When large amount of drugs are produced in say a Drug Farm or Lab this radiates heat which escape the house/building via windows or the roof, using months of stored images they can gather intel.

Considering printers produce no where near the amount of heat that a small garden in your house produces covered in lamps then on that basis alone the scanner is flawed and non-logical.

So hear is a sum-up.

Cops do not have this technology, why? Think about it, are cops really going to put billions of dollars into equipment like this only to have it all destroyed when it violates privacy. Obviously not.

If it did exist which it clearly does not, then the military would be the only people using it and it would be wrapped up in so much government money and the fact that it in theory breaks laws they have defiantly not made this public and in fact cops would not have this equipment which would properly cost millions each.

Anyway, as I've clearly stated above, you have made this "scanner technology" up and is non-rp and unrealistic. I understand cops need a bit of a boost but not in the expense of role-play. It also has been abused a number of times as I've witnessed tonight and that person was also a superadmin.

So anyway, if you want to keep this "scanner" you should at least warn people when they enter your server that there is non-rp tools and weaponry that classes use and there is nothing they can do about it full stop.

p.s It's 4am here so my spelling may be abit off. Thanks!
Semi serious :3
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #20919

If it doesn't get removed/nerfed, at least put a CD on that damn thing jesus christ. Some days ago in Downtown, I was a mutant and had 1 printer to make a little bit of money. Of course, a totally failrp cop just scanned my base whitout a reason...
  • Terramorphous
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 5

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #21173

ArbytheDragon wrote:
Scanner will never be removed. The police need an upper hand.
I reckon agentlulz said that in the server today ^

As for nerfing it, such as reducing the area at which it scans, I don't think this should be done either. It's enough that these gangsters got billions of dollars and are armed to the teeth with grenades, M249s, and AWPs, I don't think we need to put the police even more at a disadvantage.

[font=georgia:2mhr869s]-SUPPORT[/font:2mhr869s]

I am indeed with you Arby. Police need to have some advantages, -support
  • Morpheus
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #21174

Agentlulz wrote:
Lets get some facts of the board,

Police have heat scanners, money printers and drug lab generates alot of heat, besides cops should be more power-full than the criminals, to prevent people from camping in bases 24/7

Agreed -s
  • Prophet
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 27
Konth And Ducky

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #21338

-Support
With the scanner, players need to be creative with there bases not just all the printers some where random like most bases have them.
  • Artyom Barlow
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 4

Remove "Scanner"? 10 years 9 months ago #21341

Without the scanner cops can barely raid.

-Support
  • AnarchyTM
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 41
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

214 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40