Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mutli-Suggestion Thread

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1390774

Suggestions:

• Player Spectate Alteration/Addition & Benefits:

Part1 of this suggestion, consists of a fix for the BHOP and SURF server. The F2 spectate seems to be working flawlessly, however, spectating through the leaderboard mixes things up, such as current player's name in big bold white letters in the top of the screen. I've noticed some confusion with that regardless if it's indeed the right player spectated.

Part2 of this suggestion, consists of an improvement for more sensitive situations, with both players and staff involved, where spectating another player without their knowledge could mean the difference between being caught or even just investigated properly, get enough proof et cetera et cetera, and i believe this starts to translate into a more advanced procedure, in staff's case, where a server join can become unannounced, if not just with hidden rank, in addition to always to having the option to spectate without being shown in the spectator's list.

• Pointshop Model Adjustments & Workshop Organization:

Pointshop at this point has enough models that even after such incredible work by every developer, can have miss-placed accessories. As someone that has spent many hours adjusting items to every model, i understand that this is a time-consuming procedure, but i strongly believe that when time is made for this task, the results will bring a very stable and project a great dedication into the pointshop itself and the community.

When it comes to workshop items and content in general, there is a big misconception and confusion as to what is needed and what not. Something that i found to be overwhelming, is that there are creators amongst the community and the lead team, that may or may not have made duplicates of certain models and items, unintentionally of course, therefore by not defining what is included and where it is needed and being subscribed to them all, you may come up with duplicates that in many occasions in my case caused some player models to go completely invisible, and the gmod console to spam vertex file's errors. I'm willing to, if needed, help gather the right resources and assist in creating dedicated workshop items for each category instead of having them all scattered with uncertainty of what's what.

• Player Message(Leaderboard) Alteration/Addition & Benefits:

Leaderboard's message function is very limited to visibility and clarity for the servers without ULX and a change towards a clear chatbox message would give a greater communication amongst players while also, if not applicable already, the PM in the chat box would enable more server log visibility.

• Forums Functionality & Options:

Part1 consists of firstly, mobile compatibility, which fortunately only lacks in the boardcode. The smileys seem to be clipping inside certain input boxes such as link set up, image link set up et cetera, while also the color panel doesn't seem to expand as it should making it impossible to format color into letters via mobile.

Part2 consists of two things, one of them being the option to undo latest input while formatting your post, which would be greatly useful when experimenting with style, and the other being the editing history of a post, which would serve it's purpose in cases of recovering removed or edited information. Such function should probably be available to forum moderators too to see every user's post history for a number of reasons which revolve mostly around security.
  • ItsDonny
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Big Don
  • Thanks received: 211

Community Developer
Discord Head Admin
Forum Global Mod
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by ItsDonny.
Login or register to post a reply.

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1390778

I love how you are so dedicated to zarp.

:plussp:
  • Sam.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • gmaes?
  • Thanks received: 1123
The following user(s) said Thank You: Indiana Jones, ItsDonny

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1390779

:plussp: Pro zarper
  • Turtlx69
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1541

The following user(s) said Thank You: ItsDonny, 1231231231

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1390795

:zarp: DONNY :zarp:
support
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1817
Jay House number 1 as always
The following user(s) said Thank You: ItsDonny

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1390799

Sam. wrote:
I love how you are so dedicated to zarp.

:plussp:

Thanks for being one of the few :pray:
:zarp:
  • ItsDonny
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Big Don

Community Developer
Discord Head Admin
Forum Global Mod
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sam.

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1390801

ItsDonny wrote:
Suggestions:

Part1 of this suggestion, consists of a fix for the BHOP and SURF server. The F2 spectate seems to be working flawlessly, however, spectating through the leaderboard mixes things up, such as current player's name in big bold white letters in the top of the screen. I've noticed some confusion with that regardless if it's indeed the right player spectated.

Part2 of this suggestion, consists of an improvement for more sensitive situations, with both players and staff involved, where spectating another player without their knowledge could mean the difference between being caught or even just investigated properly, get enough proof et cetera et cetera, and i believe this starts to translate into a more advanced procedure, in staff's case, where a server join can become unannounced, if not just with hidden rank, in addition to always to having the option to spectate without being shown in the spectator's list.

Already implemented in the new gamemode
  • Prince Nyx
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Qui doluit meminit
  • Thanks received: 252

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1390856

Prince Nyx wrote:
ItsDonny wrote:
Suggestions:

Already implemented in the new gamemode

Great news! Can't wait to experience it and have it integrated into the other servers as well!
  • ItsDonny
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Big Don

Community Developer
Discord Head Admin
Forum Global Mod

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1390859

False, there is no bugs or issues on the surf or bhop server

:minussp:
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5653
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1390861

OnionRings wrote:
False, there is no bugs or issues on the surf or bhop server

:minussp:

I think the server needs a scheduled daily restart again
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1390950

ItsDonny wrote:
Suggestions:

Pointshop at this point has enough models that even after such incredible work by every developer, can have miss-placed accessories. As someone that has spent many hours adjusting items to every model, i understand that this is a time-consuming procedure, but i strongly believe that when time is made for this task, the results will bring a very stable and project a great dedication into the pointshop itself and the community.

When it comes to workshop items and content in general, there is a big misconception and confusion as to what is needed and what not. Something that i found to be overwhelming, is that there are creators amongst the community and the lead team, that may or may not have made duplicates of certain models and items, unintentionally of course, therefore by not defining what is included and where it is needed and being subscribed to them all, you may come up with duplicates that in many occasions in my case caused some player models to go completely invisible, and the gmod console to spam vertex file's errors. I'm willing to, if needed, help gather the right resources and assist in creating dedicated workshop items for each category instead of having them all scattered with uncertainty of what's what.

Adjusting accessories for each model is not something that is currently being done, it is made made fit the best it can but may not fit every model, while this may change in the future, it is not currently possible.
The invisible skin issues should be fixed when the next steam update is ran by a server owner/cm team member when there is a low number of players. Some developer at gmod made a mistake which made its way into the previous release.
  • Callum.
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP
  • Fick dich Martin!
  • Thanks received: 745

Community Developer

Prophunt/TTT Server Owner
Teamspeak Head Admin
Discord Head Admin
Global Moderator
SSRP Administrator
Deathrun Moderator

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1390954

callumok2004 wrote:
ItsDonny wrote:
Suggestions:

Adjusting accessories for each model is not something that is currently being done, it is made made fit the best it can but may not fit every model, while this may change in the future, it is not currently possible.
The invisible skin issues should be fixed when the next steam update is ran by a server owner/cm team member when there is a low number of players. Some developer at gmod made a mistake which made its way into the previous release.

I appreciate your clarifications and feedback.

For a matter of fact, the issue with invis skins was explained, or more like troubleshooted, in facepunch's forums by a staff member, and this is what got me driven with the assumption of duplicates. I trust your insights and I wish this gets resolved asap as this is a matter of importance generally for zarp pvp servers.
  • ItsDonny
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Big Don

Community Developer
Discord Head Admin
Forum Global Mod
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by ItsDonny.

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1390961

Additional Suggestions:

• Diamonds Shop:

• This is pretty self explanatory. While i understand this would ruin the rewarding system of finishing maps, completing objectives and winning rounds, it would be a great growth tool for the community. Currently, only booster packs exist, aside from the vip package, which is a one-time purchase, and that involves the SSRP server alone. Different packs with certain combinations of exclusive to buyers only for example, skins/accessories plus a fixated amount of diamonds, would bring a new era to the community's economy.

• Pointshop Preview & Card Selling

• Also pretty self explanatory. Aside from purchase, having the preview option to see fittings and styles with your currently equipped model, would grow the satisfactory level of dealing with pointshop as a whole as it would allow the player to make a decision based on results instead of using their imagination to see what fits where, which is where the already mentioned accessories' abnormal sizes come in again.

As for card selling, i can only assume that there must be a valid reason for them to not already be set with such option, however i must bring light to this and offer a better way of card handling. I'm sure a LOT of players are piling up cards and not trading them with others.
  • ItsDonny
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Big Don

Community Developer
Discord Head Admin
Forum Global Mod

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1391097

ItsDonny wrote:
Additional Suggestions:

• Diamonds Shop:

• This is pretty self explanatory. While i understand this would ruin the rewarding system of finishing maps, completing objectives and winning rounds, it would be a great growth tool for the community. Currently, only booster packs exist, aside from the vip package, which is a one-time purchase, and that involves the SSRP server alone. Different packs with certain combinations of exclusive to buyers only for example, skins/accessories plus a fixated amount of diamonds, would bring a new era to the community's economy.

• Pointshop Preview & Card Selling

• Also pretty self explanatory. Aside from purchase, having the preview option to see fittings and styles with your currently equipped model, would grow the satisfactory level of dealing with pointshop as a whole as it would allow the player to make a decision based on results instead of using their imagination to see what fits where, which is where the already mentioned accessories' abnormal sizes come in again.

As for card selling, i can only assume that there must be a valid reason for them to not already be set with such option, however i must bring light to this and offer a better way of card handling. I'm sure a LOT of players are piling up cards and not trading them with others.

Bump
  • ItsDonny
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Big Don

Community Developer
Discord Head Admin
Forum Global Mod

Mutli-Suggestion Thread 1 year 8 months ago #1391104

ItsDonny wrote:

The reason this is not currently a thing is due to the large amount of unopened card packs there is in total. Even selling these for 1 diamond can bring a LOT of money into the economy, more than wanted.

As for the previewing, I was actually thinking about doing this myself in a future update, though I am not making any promises right now!
  • Callum.
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP
  • Fick dich Martin!
  • Thanks received: 745

Community Developer

Prophunt/TTT Server Owner
Teamspeak Head Admin
Discord Head Admin
Global Moderator
SSRP Administrator
Deathrun Moderator

Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Callum..
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

160 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop